Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur V Full Blower in-tank dual Pump

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2008, 04:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If you want both pumps on all the time then I would just order the FullBlown double pumper. Having said that, I personally would get the BR staged double pumper. But, if you want both pumps on all the time, even at idle, then get the FullBlown setup. It looks to be a very high quality kit.

I, for one, like the idea of a Hobbes switch triggering the second pump. I lived with one for 40,000 miles on my Buick, which used an ATR staged double pumper with dual Walbros. I like the idea of being able to adjust the boost level at which the 2nd pump kicks in.

Nothing in life lasts for ever. Thus, no manmade contraption is eternal. On my Buick, one of the two Walbros took a dump, so I had to replace that pump. Meanwhile the little Hobbes switch never failed. There is no guarantee that both Walbros will live forever. With a fuel pressure gauge you'll know when one of the two pumps starts to get weak......before it's too late.

If you're gonna run any double pumper setup you should always install a fuel pressure gauge. At least, I would. Furthermore, if I was going to run a staged double pumper, such as the BR unit, then I would rig one of those Autometer shift lights next to the boost gauge and wire it to activate when the second pump kicks on. That way you can easily adjust the Hobbes switch to come on at whatever exact boost level you want. Also, with a fuel pressure gauge, the needle will quiver when the second pump kicks in.

Last edited by sparky; Nov 9, 2008 at 04:58 AM.
Old Nov 9, 2008, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is the hobbs switch adjustable for when it kicks the other pump on?
Old Nov 9, 2008, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

The hobbs switch on the BR double pumper is not adjustable. But you can buy different hobbs switches to come on at different boost pressures.
Old Nov 9, 2008, 10:33 PM
Evolving Member

Boost oman: there are 2 ways to check for the 2nd pump if it's working or not, the first one is what sparky said, connect a small light that well glow when the 2nd pump is working.

there's also another way, is by installing a wideband on your steering wheel to see the A/R when you go WOT, when it gose lean that means there might be a leak and the hobb switch isn't getting any boost, or the switch might be busted, or you might have another problem.

over all the wideband is a must when you go for high HP
Old Nov 9, 2008, 10:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
That full blown kit looks off the hook, very nice.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

I like how the bushcur unit retains the stock fuel lines. Makes things easier and cheaper.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 10:40 AM

full blown ftw