Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Indy Intake Manifold power bands and availability.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2008, 09:42 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
It is a great idea, send donations for Trent's new intake and install to my paypal account, when I get $725 in my account in donations I'll just on it
You're the boss, just do it and take it out of his paycheck
Old Aug 14, 2008, 08:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
David are you guy's gonna do a test in the future with the stock ecu???

Darn it someone jump on this, I would be all over this if i was local...

Bump for Mr. Buschur.....
Old Aug 14, 2008, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
No, I am not planning an actual test on a stock ECU, not back-to-back.
Old Aug 16, 2008, 01:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Altitude, temps, humidity..........all play a roll in hp/ET's. I personally do not feel that they play as big an effect on a turbo charged car as they do on a naturally aspirated car.

I've told this story before. I'll tell it, briefly, again.

Early 2000's we were at Bandimere racing, 5800 ft. The best my car had ever run was a 7.9X.

We got there and the car wouldn't start. We pulled the head, found that my dumb *** had put the pistons in backwards and all the intake valves hit, bending them. A local guy ran and got me a new head gasket. I had no ring compressor so we gently pushed one piston to the top at a time, moved the crank around and spun the pistons in the bore so they were positioned correctly. Put the car back together, still wouldn't start. Compression was under 90 psi in each cylinder. We hit it with some starting fluid and it fired. I then held the engine on the rev limiter on and off for fairly long periods to try to get the valves hot enough to slam them against the seats and straighten them out. We finally got it so it would atleast start on it's own.

The car ran either an 8.1 or 8.2 there with the engine in that shape. So at most .2off from it's absolute best ever.

IF the car is tuned for altitude and turbo charged I don't think altitude will hurt the ET by much, if any.

Lol I was that guy!! I was like 16 running my DSM back then first time i had got into the 11's (dave gave me a few pointers. lol.) Sorry to be off topic! Dave you should bring that car back out sometime if you still have it.. That thing was a beast!!
Old Aug 16, 2008, 02:36 PM
Former Sponsor

So i have been reading these pages and i know mike even made another thread about these manifolds but i was just wondering maybe Dave or Mike would know..

Im running a 2.0L, 37r, fully ported head, full race ex mani, 3in exhaust and still the stock intake manifold and throttle body.. I'm want to upgrade the intake manifold and I'm really thinking about going with this upgrade..

Whats the hp/tq gains with this manifold compared to the hp/tq gains with like an ams vsr, magnus, or any of the other ones out there?
I like the fact that it works just like a stock manifold but im wondering if it would make as much power as some of the sheet metal ones.. Basically just havn't done a lot of research on intake manifolds so i guess i really dont know what to expect for hp/tq gains in any manifold..

Im trying to sell myself on this manifold and was just hoping to get some more reassurance with it.. Hearing all you guys talk about it over the past 9 pages is pretty intense!!

Thanks in advance
Mark