Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

1st Shakedown on PT 6765 Turbo - 9.80 @ 138.9 mph !

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2008, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Al, we have our car just about buttoned up with the new turbo. "Exhaust", dump tube for the single Tial 44 are all done. Oil feed/return need to be put on and I have to make a new inlet for the turbo. Planning on running it Wednesday night. If it gets finished tomorrow I will tune it. I believe the turbine housing is going to end up too large on ours too.......I left a message today to try and get a tighter one sent out.
OH SNAP
Old Jul 14, 2008, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
A/r...............1.15!
Old Jul 14, 2008, 07:02 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IHUNTV8
Congrats AL! Im sure your going to hit some mid low 9's with your new setup!
One thing is for sure, this set up has brought the fun factor back into driving and owning my Evo

The Gt42 was very powerful for sure but not a lot of fun

This is evidenced by Paul Nelson and Dan Bejalis who both ran this weekend I believe 9 second runs at 160 mph. The Gt42 scene is filled with broken driveline parts and missed shifts and frustration which I am glad to have behind me.

I am NOT knocking either of those guys at all as I have had the same problems and pit falls with my Gt42 experiences.

At the end of the day when you see a true street car like David Buschur's Bad Bish going mid 9's at mid 150 mph with ease and with a car which can also hit the road course and which is a bona fide street car it should make inteligent minds start to question WTF ? That is what my inteliogent mind did and why I am headed back into the street car direction. fun factor is a lot higher.

When I finish a pass and I drive 9 seconds and back onto the trailer its nice to see all the American Hot Rod fans come by and wonder what kind of car it is and be very suprized when they find out its awd and 4 cylinder.

Last edited by DynoFlash; Jul 14, 2008 at 07:13 PM.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

I cant wait to see this years pinks all out. Ima be burning in the sun this weekend at the panamericans @ atco then the weekend after @ PAO in E-Town!

Im glad to see we have some evos coming out to support us!
Old Jul 14, 2008, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

I hear ya Al, I almost pulled the plug an a full blown 42r car but decided to just stick with a 37r build. Ill be following this thread quite closely. Thanks for posting this up.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 07:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
One thing is for sure, this set up has brought the fun factor back into driving and owning my Evo

The Gt42 was very powerful for sure but not a lot of fun

This is evidenced by Paul Nelson and Dan Bejalis who both ran this weekend I believe 9 second runs at 160 mph. The Gt42 scene is filled with broken driveline parts and missed shifts and frustration which I am glad to have behind me.

When I finish a pass and I drive 9 seconds and back onto the trailer its nice to see all the American Hot Rod fans come by and wonder what kind of car it is and be very suprized when they find out its awd and 4 cylinder.
paul ran this weekend??
Old Jul 14, 2008, 07:27 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
paul ran this weekend??
Apparently I am in error as it was Dan Bejalis apparently who's post I was reading

Originally Posted by fimotorsports
Thanks guys I ended up not qualifying. I believe I broke the.rear lsd still ran 10.2 at 159 with 2.0 60foot car was all over the place. Luckily I have a spare 3kgt rear differential going to get it it looked over by shep and give it another try.
My sincere appologies for the confusion - often I am reading the threads late in the evening / morning at 2 am while I am dozing off and dont remember who is who

Al
Old Jul 14, 2008, 07:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Apparently I am in error as it was Dan Bejalis apparently who's post I was reading

My sincere appologies for the confusion - often I am reading the threads late in the evening / morning at 2 am while I am dozing off and dont remember who is who

Al

your excused big Al.. I know your a late night Internet warrior..
Old Jul 14, 2008, 07:36 PM
Account Disabled

your excused big Al.. I know your a late night Internet warrior..
Most of the time I find myself asleep at 7 am with the lap top on my belly and reruns of lock down RAW or Pinks All Out playing
Old Jul 14, 2008, 07:40 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by dryad001
I hear ya Al, I almost pulled the plug an a full blown 42r car but decided to just stick with a 37r build. Ill be following this thread quite closely. Thanks for posting this up.
In the long run you will be much happier with the 37 - its more streetable, reliable and easier to drive
Old Jul 14, 2008, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

so is this 37r you swapped to ther same as the 850r or is only AMS selling this version?
Old Jul 14, 2008, 09:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Al
I'm not related to Paul in any way, so many people confuse me with him . Yes broke something in the drivetrain, going to pull it apart this week to see what happened. I am considering going smaller turbo as well, this turbo is proven to hit 9's and I miss my reliable days driving to and from the track taking home trophies. I'm curious to see how this turbo does on its full potential.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

I have that turbo sitting here to go on a customers car and i cant wait to get to get some results.. I was always happy with the 67p trim from precision as I feel its the baddest t3 turbo..

Congrats Al on the 9 sec pass right out of the box on the new setup.. I sometimes wish i had that setup still as it makes racing the car alot more fun since it will break alot less.. I guess i am going to have to take my RS and get it up and going so when i cause wreckage with the 42r i have a backup to still have fun with like you are!! Good luck!!
I have this turbo and it's awesome!..=)..lol
Old Jul 14, 2008, 11:24 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by fimotorsports
I'm not related to Paul in any way, so many people confuse me with him . Yes broke something in the drivetrain, going to pull it apart this week to see what happened. I am considering going smaller turbo as well, this turbo is proven to hit 9's and I miss my reliable days driving to and from the track taking home trophies. I'm curious to see how this turbo does on its full potential.
Sorry Dan. It was your avitar that fooled me as you and he (Paul) have the same 9 second avitar and somehow I confused the two of you.

I know just how you feel. The curiosity to master the Gt42 is a very alluring appeal. But like a high maintaince drama queen girl friend that is nothing but a pain in the *** after a while you discover that a nice easy going care free girl is more fun at the end of the day, (although maybe not as exciting).

From what I have seen with the Gt42 powered cars they all seem very unreliable and very hard to drive. Everyone seems to have the same problems.

I still have my 42R turbo sitting there - I just like looking at it. Its a nice paperweight.

Al

Last edited by DynoFlash; Jul 14, 2008 at 11:32 PM.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 11:34 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by staatz
I have this turbo and it's awesome!..=)..lol
Yes you have the identical turbo that I have - Pruven was the one who turned me onto it also and they installed one on your car

I think it works really well on your car also

Al

Quick Reply: 1st Shakedown on PT 6765 Turbo - 9.80 @ 138.9 mph !