Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

EVO Red pump gas/race gas dyno numbers.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2008, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, it is a stock Evo 9 turbo basically, just everything on the inside is different.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Yes, this car has our Race FMIC on it, is there something else?

Yes, the turbo can use the stock EVO9 outlet pipe or the pipe we supply with our race FMIC kit for it.

razorlab, yes, I can do a screen shot for you. Remind me Wednesday here with a PM and let me know what you want, race or pump gas and I will do a screen shot. I do not log afr's or boost on the dyno when I use the AEM to tune with.

BTW, I won't go into great detail but Trent called me, 10.51, 10.51, 10.51, 10.57 and the last pass was a 10.3X at 134 mph.

Keep in mind this is a FULL, complete street car. Sunroof, interior, sound deadening, full 3" BR turbo back, NO BR lightweight parts on the car, complete and functional A/C, heat etc. He was running slicks.

GREAT freaking job again Trent!! Thanks for putting my 2 minute tune to great use! You make me proud.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 07:09 PM
Evolving Member

10.30!!! Hells Yes!
Old Jul 15, 2008, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Another amazing outcome, congrats to the BR crew.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 07:22 PM
Evolving Member

Nice!!! I hope there will be another 400+ pump Red once I get mine and get a magic DB retune.

Last edited by 2highpsi; Jul 15, 2008 at 07:31 PM.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 07:25 PM
Former Sponsor

vwjeff, I won Thanks, Trent I will have to buy you a wait a minute make that Jeff will have to buy you a . Jim
Old Jul 15, 2008, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Indy Evo
vwjeff, I won Thanks, Trent I will have to buy you a wait a minute make that Jeff will have to buy you a . Jim
I said low 10.5's at 132... aint that good for something. I got 3 of the 4, you only got 1

Beers on me I guess... GREAT JOB BUDDY

He is almost running my ET with like 200whp less... WTF gives

Trent I now hate your car along with Daves RS and 9sec9's car
Old Jul 15, 2008, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

man, the internet is going to be littered with RED powered Evo's hunting down all types of cars on the street. I cant wait to see HTA35R vs RED videos. All I know is that I have put rims on the back burner for the RED. I cant wait to happily open my hood before handing the smackdown to say, "YEP its just a stock turbo evo with exhaust."
Old Jul 15, 2008, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

To David Buscur; will 1000cc injectors with a single pump and AEM EMS be sufficient for the RED or will i def need the double pumper?
Old Jul 15, 2008, 07:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 9sec9
To get correct wtq/whp numbers, the pulls should be made in the gear that is closest to 1.00:1. For us, it's 4th gear. If it's a 6 speed it would probably be 5th gear. By doing the pull at 1:1 ratio, the MECHANICAL ADVANTAGE of the transmission doesn't play a part in the final numbers. That's why all of the tuning runs we made were in 3rd gear, less stress on the motor, but still good to tune to. Then, when final pulls are made, the whp/wtq will increase, due to less mechanical advantage. Think of it in the same light as a fulcrum and lever. The longer the lever, the more mechanical advantage you have and the less amount of work is required to move the other end(weight/resistance). 1:1 it's the same force (resistance) on each side. For tuning, 3rd is fine, then 4th for final tuning. At least, that's how I've done it and the same for DB. I think I've seen several other Top tuners do the same. Put a car on a dyno in 3rd, do a pull. Then, go to 4th and do a pull. Big difference in numbers.

The information you posted here is incorrect. The gear your making the pulls does not matter when it comes to HP. There may be small frictional changes in different gears but your statement of "big difference in numbers: is incorrect. The main thing you will see on turbo cars is quicker spool due to the longer time it spends running through the gear.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 07:52 PM
Evolving Member

I was thinking it was going to run a 10.2 at 136 so I wasnt that far off what I thought. Awesome job Trent! Im thinking this is the turbo to go with for what I want and E85 will get me there and is it safe to say OKIX car is def gonna hit 9's on a red?!?!
Old Jul 15, 2008, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 9sec240
The information you posted here is incorrect. The gear your making the pulls does not matter when it comes to HP. There may be small frictional changes in different gears but your statement of "big difference in numbers: is incorrect. The main thing you will see on turbo cars is quicker spool due to the longer time it spends running through the gear.
Tom. In case you havent notice here, Rockstar Ivan is a Special Projects Technician... He knows what he's talkin about

**EDIT** why does my car pick up 60+ whp going from 3rd to 4th?
Old Jul 15, 2008, 07:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
What are you saying is incorrect? I have seen pulls on cars where the higher gears (I'm assuming due to higher load) produce higher dyno numbers than lower gears (say 3rd vs. 4th on the 6 speed).

BTW, 9sec9, I think the 4th on the 6th speed is pretty close to a 1:1 ratio. Not sure about the 5.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

9sec240, your evaluation of 'big difference' is incorrect. I have personally logged many, many, many dyno pulls on Mustang Dynos, both here in Oklahoma and Davids in OHIO. In EVERY SINGLE case, the whp went up substantially when the pull went from 3rd gear to 4th. Are you saying that you have never seen that happen. If so, I'd like to see the same car, same dyno, same tune on a 3rd gear vs 4th gear example. I have many to prove my point. Now, if you're playing a word game with the word 'big' , then that becomes subjective and not objective. For us, even 20 whp is big, but I have in my possessiion right now, the White turbo on 3rd gear pulls and then the same tune on a 4th gear pull. Mathematics prevail when mechanical advantage is put to use. Your observation relating to RPM's being 'quicker' is precisely what I also pointed out when I said "I didn't want to use the 3rd gear pulls because of the RPM' issue". On that we have obviously agreed. On the issue of 'numbers not being big' what is your meaning of 'big'?
Old Jul 15, 2008, 08:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by vwjeff
Tom. In case you havent notice here, Rockstar Ivan is a Special Projects Technician... He knows what he's talkin about

**EDIT** why does my car pick up 60+ whp going from 3rd to 4th?
Because the BOOST goes up?????

Quick Reply: EVO Red pump gas/race gas dyno numbers.