Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Thoughts on Bushwacker

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2008, 05:53 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thoughts on Bushwacker

im about to send my trans in and it well prolly be going to buschur for there Bushwacker trans upgrade....Every1 on here seems to have shep so all you guys with the bushwacker please give me some of your thoughts on it....I know i prolly couldnt go wrong with either Shep or Buschur...but im leaning alot more to the bushwacker....any thoughts or opions on it?
Old Jul 25, 2008, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts
I can't complain. Shifts are smooth. Haven't banged on the gears yet, but IM
sure Im not going to have any issues. One word of advice, use the stock shifter!
Old Jul 25, 2008, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

Shep are the kings of transmission. The bushwacker is more affordable though. I think if you are going to be doing some drag racing every weekend then go with Shep. But for the everyday driver, the bushwacker should be good enough.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 06:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoHung
Shep are the kings of transmission. The bushwacker is more affordable though. I think if you are going to be doing some drag racing every weekend then go with Shep. But for the everyday driver, the bushwacker should be good enough.
uuuuhhh? Doesn't the Buschur Race Evo use the bushwacker along with Dave's Personal RS?
Old Jul 25, 2008, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by juice_evo_VII
uuuuhhh? Doesn't the Buschur Race Evo use the bushwacker along with Dave's Personal RS?
+1,000,000
Old Jul 25, 2008, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by juice_evo_VII
I was about to say the same thing.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 06:40 PM
Account Disabled

you also have to remember shep has been doin trans SINCE the early 90s...he has a great reputation in all the years hes been doing it....the bushwacker has not been out nearly as long but has proven itself time and time again
Old Jul 25, 2008, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Shacochis06
you also have to remember shep has been doin trans SINCE the early 90s...he has a great reputation in all the years hes been doing it....the bushwacker has not been out nearly as long but has proven itself time and time again
I beleive Dave has said before that Dan has been doin Trans alot longer then they made them public and Doin DSM trans before the Evo was ashore. I cant say a bad thing about Shep tho. His name is well spoken for.

You cant go wrong with either.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Actually, truth be known, Daniel has been building DSM transmissions longer than John and both of them have been doing the EVO transmissions since they came out. Daniel was fixing my broken crap back in the early '90's. John too the DSM transmissions way beyond anything we did. He became so popular from advertising and running 7's in his DSM that Daniel just started referring people to him instead of doing them. The trick parts for the DSM's John has because some of them he was involved in developing.

When it comes to the EVO trans, the transmission is so freaking good off the bat there isn't a lot that needs to be upgraded and the few parts that do need to be upgraded we have.

Our black car runs our trans, my RS runs it and I can't tell you how many others. Daniel is busy building EVO transmissions and there are a ton of them out there.

I have nothing bad to say about John Shepherd's work or TRE's both have done transmissions for me.

I don't think you will get a better EVO transmission from ANYONE than you will get from my brother, Daniel, Bushwacker.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
my tranny will be getting bushwacked this winter!
Old Jul 25, 2008, 07:41 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Actually, truth be known, Daniel has been building DSM transmissions longer than John and both of them have been doing the EVO transmissions since they came out. Daniel was fixing my broken crap back in the early '90's. John too the DSM transmissions way beyond anything we did. He became so popular from advertising and running 7's in his DSM that Daniel just started referring people to him instead of doing them. The trick parts for the DSM's John has because some of them he was involved in developing.

When it comes to the EVO trans, the transmission is so freaking good off the bat there isn't a lot that needs to be upgraded and the few parts that do need to be upgraded we have.

Our black car runs our trans, my RS runs it and I can't tell you how many others. Daniel is busy building EVO transmissions and there are a ton of them out there.

I have nothing bad to say about John Shepherd's work or TRE's both have done transmissions for me.

I don't think you will get a better EVO transmission from ANYONE than you will get from my brother, Daniel, Bushwacker.

exactly why im going with the bushwacker
Old Jul 25, 2008, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Well, David Buschur has spoken. Bottom line is, you can not go wrong! I tell you what though, all of the media attention towards Shep has gotten me brain-washed. I just think that transmissions should be made by Shep, built motors should be made by Bushcur, and turbo kits should be made by AMS. These three companies rules my Evo in those particular area.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Words can not even descibe how sweet this trans is... its the best upgrade I have done for my Evo hands down
Old Jul 25, 2008, 08:41 PM
Account Disabled

does anybody with a IX think its worth it to get any of the upgrades like the VIII 4th gear or anything?
Old Jul 25, 2008, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Shacochis06
does anybody with a IX think its worth it to get any of the upgrades like the VIII 4th gear or anything?
as you can see buy my signature i have viii gear convertion. if you drag race... get it done!its the only "upgrade" i have done.
put a good clutch in it while its out. exedy triple ftw! buschur can get that for ya to.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on Bushwacker