Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur ported or Invidia mani

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2008, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buschur ported or Invidia mani

I'm looking into keeping my Buschur ported and coated mani or buying the Invidia Manifold that bolts to the stock setup. I'm leaning towards keeping my buschur but don't know much about the Invidia mani. (How much power was made from it, issues...etc) I wanted to get some info from you guys about this. Any input would be helpful.
Old Jul 26, 2008, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TKEVO
I'm looking into keeping my Buschur ported and coated mani or buying the Invidia Manifold that bolts to the stock setup. I'm leaning towards keeping my buschur but don't know much about the Invidia mani. (How much power was made from it, issues...etc) I wanted to get some info from you guys about this. Any input would be helpful.

Read my thread on Megan manifold problems. Same applies here. Stick with the Buschur ported. I was all gung ho on my Megan until I removed it and realized it was cracked on the inside which you'd never see and also on the outside. It was killing my power. Unless your on a big turbo, stick with a buschur ported.
Old Jul 26, 2008, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
Read my thread on Megan manifold problems. Same applies here. Stick with the Buschur ported. I was all gung ho on my Megan until I removed it and realized it was cracked on the inside which you'd never see and also on the outside. It was killing my power. Unless your on a big turbo, stick with a buschur ported.
The invidia is thicker piping. If you did your research you would have known megan's cracked. The invidia looks like a great design. Nobody that I know runs it because it is so much money. Their are a couple manifolds that do better than a ported stocker.
Old Jul 26, 2008, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

Invidias are not expensive. Check out works. 450 a piece
Old Jul 26, 2008, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

$679 for a manifold is pretty up there
Old Jul 27, 2008, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

$679 for a manifold is pretty up there
sorry, i was thinking of the o2 housing. you are right $679 is effing expensive.

i would stick with a stock ported and coated by buschur or PPI. they both are great.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hytek369
sorry, i was thinking of the o2 housing. you are right $679 is effing expensive.

i would stick with a stock ported and coated by buschur or PPI. they both are great.
Yea that is the one I'm going with. Just haven't seen any comparisions or alot of evo owners talk about the Invidia Mani
Old Jul 27, 2008, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RevMoto
The invidia is thicker piping. If you did your research you would have known megan's cracked. The invidia looks like a great design. Nobody that I know runs it because it is so much money. Their are a couple manifolds that do better than a ported stocker.
LOL-research... Yeah, ok. Whatever you say. You telling me that is just funny. I'm one of the fastest guys on a stock turbo so I probably know a thing or two and have done a little research It came on the car when I bought it used I never had an issue with it until recently and was just relaying the message. I'm actually going to buy a BR ported this week and the car is going back on a dyno and we'll see what happens. My opinion still stands, unless you are running a big turbo the headers are not going to provide any or much gain for the PRICE over a BR ported stocker. If these other so called mani's your talking about are so much better than the stocker, why are all the fastest PR cars running stock/ported with greens and stock IX turbo's??? There are two nice aftermarket equal length manis and they are both $1k. Those are the only ones that are even worth buying... Again, it is just my opinion. Your the one that might want to do a little research as your mutt mod list is ridiculous and probably why you only run 11.8@116....

Last edited by Most-Wanted; Jul 27, 2008 at 12:51 PM.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Wow
Old Jul 27, 2008, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

anyone know the turn around time for getting a stocker ported from buschur? hows it work?
Old Jul 27, 2008, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
LOL-research... Yeah, ok. Whatever you say. You telling me that is just funny. I'm one of the fastest guys on a stock turbo so I probably know a thing or two and have done a little research It came on the car when I bought it used I never had an issue with it until recently and was just relaying the message. I'm actually going to buy a BR ported this week and the car is going back on a dyno and we'll see what happens. My opinion still stands, unless you are running a big turbo the headers are not going to provide any or much gain for the PRICE over a BR ported stocker. If these other so called mani's your talking about are so much better than the stocker, why are all the fastest PR cars running stock/ported with greens and stock IX turbo's??? There are two nice aftermarket equal length manis and they are both $1k. Those are the only ones that are even worth buying... Again, it is just my opinion. Your the one that might want to do a little research as your mutt mod list is ridiculous and probably why you only run 11.8@116....
Old Jul 27, 2008, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by k2boarder3187
anyone know the turn around time for getting a stocker ported from buschur? hows it work?
Naw I don't. I just ordered one so I wouldn't have any down time.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
now thats funny i dont care who you are
Old Jul 27, 2008, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Naw I don't. I just ordered one so I wouldn't have any down time.
isnt there a core charge? or are you just gonna send them yours when you get the ported one?
Old Jul 27, 2008, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by k2boarder3187
isnt there a core charge? or are you just gonna send them yours when you get the ported one?
If you supply the core, ported and coated is $195

If you have them supply the core, you pay $350 and then when you send them back your stocker, they refund you the difference.

I already have mine though. I bought it straight up because mine is my daily driver.

Quick Reply: Buschur ported or Invidia mani