Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Subaru FP green reliability

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2008, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh and BTW the way Ball7068 when modding ones car listen to friends and there experiences but don't put all your trust in what one person says. Oh and before you buy a turbo upgrade do your own independant research and ask current FP users how they like or loath there turbos. I have personally have asked many FP green, white, and red owners about there turbo and I have not found alot that had issues that weren't resolved by Rob and his team. FP is leading right now in turbo designs and working with Vendors like AMS, BR, ETS, and other vendors that either sells bolt on turbo or kits. Do your research. And ur buddy is a ******* as with most Subbie owners
Old Jul 31, 2008, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
FYI

XX does not have a good reputation around here, they are a bit of a hack job

- that subaru owner was a grade-A d-bag.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 11:15 AM
Evolving Member

robert,
besides the excellent performance testing yourself and dave do with all these new stock frame turbos, what type of durability testing is done on the parts and whole?
thanks
Old Jul 31, 2008, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
How many EVO FP Greens has FP needed to rebuild? I ask because I've seen more than a handful of threads indicating the need for a turbo rebuild.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 12:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Some of the comments about how easy it would have been to avoid this bloodfest really hint at a deeper problem.

There is WAY WAY too much "ok, ok, don't kill me on the internet" going on these days. Customers just plain start out with that now REGARDLESS of the situation. I guess it is a sign of the times, which is sad. We don't cater to that. If you want to get on the internet and tell everybody that you think I screwed you, then go ahead. And that is exactly what I told this guy. But people are smart enough to make decisions for themselves.

If someone looks at this guys situation and thinks he got screwed by FP because we chose to follow standard policies like inspecting a turbo prior to replacing it under warranty then that is fine. If someone thinks that it is inappropriate for us to follow a policy of repairing or replacing a damaged turbo AFTER inspecting the turbo, that is fine too. If someone thinks it is ridiculous to send an email requesting monetary compensation without even returning the products, then they should tell this guy how ridiculous he really is.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ForcedPerformance
I took the guy as extorting me from the beginning. Left a foul taste in my mouth right off the bat. "send me a check and I will keep this off the boards" basically. That is just not how I do things. He says, he consulted his attorney during this, but I don't think he was asking his attorney the right questions.

No, I am not planning on posting on IWSTI, there is way too much blood in the water over there, and it doesnt look like anyone is even reading the correspondence between uber mod and myself anyway. The emails show us trying to replace his product for him.

Bottom line is we offered to replace his damaged product, but not cut him a check for $2600 or whatever ridiculous amount he was after. He didn't want that. He wanted his pound of flesh, and I guess this is how he is going about getting it.

Boost on!

Robert Young
Some of the comments about how easy it would have been to avoid this bloodfest really hint at a deeper problem.

There is WAY WAY too much "ok, ok, don't kill me on the internet" going on these days. Customers just plain start out with that now REGARDLESS of the situation. I guess it is a sign of the times, which is sad. We don't cater to that. If you want to get on the internet and tell everybody that you think I screwed you, then go ahead. And that is exactly what I told this guy. But people are smart enough to make decisions for themselves.

If someone looks at this guys situation and thinks he got screwed by FP because we chose to follow standard policies like inspecting a turbo prior to replacing it under warranty then that is fine. If someone thinks that it is inappropriate for us to follow a policy of repairing or replacing a damaged turbo AFTER inspecting the turbo, that is fine too. If someone thinks it is ridiculous to send an email requesting monetary compensation without even returning the products, then they should tell this guy how ridiculous he really is.

don't worry robert, I cross posted both these into that thread

/ sarcasm
Old Jul 31, 2008, 01:18 PM
Account Disabled

I took the guy as extorting me from the beginning. Left a foul taste in my mouth right off the bat. "send me a check and I will keep this off the boards" basically. That is just not how I do things.
Too bad you offered to give him money yourself.

Or does that not fit into your version? Kinda like how you blame the TSB that was made after the problem?
Old Jul 31, 2008, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by fullerton
Too bad you offered to give him money yourself.

Or does that not fit into your version? Kinda like how you blame the TSB that was made after the problem?
Wow, this thread made a hater join the site to post. Awesome.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 01:27 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by TeStUdO
Yeah, I anticipated this in May.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 01:27 PM
Former Sponsor

to the OP, check the sig. its an awesome turbo. and i have had nothing but great service from FP.

btw, my green is for sale. pm me if your interested.

im going red
Old Jul 31, 2008, 01:28 PM
Evolving Member

Well you knew that **** was going to happen as soon as they found out that he was posting here instead of over at the STi boards.

Embrace the scooby invasion
Old Jul 31, 2008, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by spooled_u
Well you knew that **** was going to happen as soon as they found out that he was posting here instead of over at the STi boards.

Embrace the scooby invasion
I dont care about the Scooby invasion. I've had an Evo FP Green for over a year with no problems. So have about 1k other members here. What happens in the Scooby world really isn't relative here.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 01:45 PM
Account Disabled

What part about what I said was untrue?

A) That Robert offered a monetary refund and reneged
B) Or that Robert blamed a Subaru TSB that was released after the turbo failed

Please point it out. A simple "A" or "B" will do.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

From what I gather, turbo 1 failed due to a foreign object making out with the turbine. Turbo 2 failed from oil starvation, which FP admitted was not the customers fault, therefore granting him his warranty request of a new turbocharger.

Do you really expect a shop that sells a part to pay for the installation, tuning and tow bill? No. Everyone who modifies their car takes that risk. They replaced their faulty turbo and that should be the end of it. Insinuating that you will go on a smear campaign on the Internet is not the way to about getting your way. Makes you seem childish...
Old Jul 31, 2008, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

A)This thread asked about the reliability of an "Evo" FP Green
B)This thread asked about our compiled customer service

Im well aware of the Scooby issues (Per my 1st post) but that isn't pertinent here.

Quick Reply: Subaru FP green reliability