Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

FP WHITE................................FTW!(dyno inside)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2008, 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I hear ya. I'm just saying those are typical results when switching to a IX turbo, so it's hard to say how much the White portion of it attributed to the gains.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 10:26 PM
Evolved Member

Interesting. Decent gains, but I also am curious just how much it has over a IX turbo. Thanks for sharing.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 11:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hokiruu
Interesting. Decent gains, but I also am curious just how much it has over a IX turbo. Thanks for sharing.
I think this is what everyone is debating over

At this point, I would rather invest into a GreeN, especially when your running Q16 at that amount of boost. Thats why I ask if you daily drive your car on pump gas. With that boost, the GreeN would shine.

Still good numbers
Old Aug 1, 2008, 11:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Acceptable gain but certainly not worth my hard earned money..Mabye the red?
Seems about the same gain as can be had with a used 400 dollar IX turbo.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 11:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FP white is junk, get the green or Red. Power to dollar ratio suck ***.
Old Aug 2, 2008, 03:05 AM
Evolved Member

Congrats, you could of gone higher with a green or a red, why stick with the white?
Old Aug 2, 2008, 05:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Shocky
Congrats, you could of gone higher with a green or a red, why stick with the white?
Well there's a few reasons, first of all, I wanted a NEW turbo, not used...and the White is only a couple hundred bucks more than the 9 turbo new.

Second is spoolup, I was hoping the throttle response would be really good with this turbo, and it is amazing! You would honestly have to drive a car with the White on it to experience it for yourself, I don't think the dyno can show us that.

Also, 427hp and 448ftlbs, sure some evo9 equipped cars have made that, but most have more mods than I do, a bunch of ported parts, some type of intake, alot are 9's with Mivec to help with cam timing, etc. etc.

I disagree with those of you who think this turbo has no place, this is a bigger turbo than what I had, that makes more power all over the powerband, and actually spools better and has much much quicker throttle response, usually someone is buying a turbo that does either/or... but now there's one that does BOTH For autox, I don't think there's a better turbo out there right now!
Old Aug 2, 2008, 05:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by vboy425
Sorry, I just don't agree, why would you compare the white to the red? They're not made to do the same thing...

For the price difference between this White and a Red, you could almost go from the HTA35 to a 42R, does that mean the HTA35 is junk because the HP/Dollar is lower?

Last edited by Liqquid; Aug 2, 2008 at 06:01 AM.
Old Aug 2, 2008, 06:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by vboy425
Lamest post ever!!!!

I will be running an FP white soon also. You cannot compare it to the green for many reasons man. This turbo will shine in Autox and can still run at the drag strip if your feeling up to it. Lots of good and similar reviews on the White and thats what im looking for
Old Aug 2, 2008, 07:12 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Liqquid
Yes, you are correct, however the "feel" of the car is based on the driver, in this case me, comparing what it was when I drove there to now
I can totally understand that. The gains over what you had are impressive.
Old Aug 2, 2008, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well there's a few reasons, first of all, I wanted a NEW turbo, not used...and the White is only a couple hundred bucks more than the 9 turbo new.

Second is spoolup, I was hoping the throttle response would be really good with this turbo, and it is amazing! You would honestly have to drive a car with the White on it to experience it for yourself, I don't think the dyno can show us that.

Also, 427hp and 448ftlbs, sure some evo9 equipped cars have made that, but most have more mods than I do, a bunch of ported parts, some type of intake, alot are 9's with Mivec to help with cam timing, etc. etc.

I disagree with those of you who think this turbo has no place, this is a bigger turbo than what I had, that makes more power all over the powerband, and actually spools better and has much much quicker throttle response, usually someone is buying a turbo that does either/or... but now there's one that does BOTH For autox, I don't think there's a better turbo out there right now!
Nice results Liqquid. Until someone actually drives a car with the White, it's hard to imagine how strong the car is. When we installed it and I had the chance to drive it to David's house, I made the comment, "The car just wants to go". The entire midrange is much stronger. Good luck with your new toy.
Old Aug 2, 2008, 07:19 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
Those results are impressive, but I can't help but remember the fact that Switzer got 440 whp out of the original white rabbit VIII turbo on this dyno -- on stock evo8 cams no less.

Last edited by EVO8LTW; Aug 2, 2008 at 07:47 AM.
Old Aug 2, 2008, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

The problem is the same...we keep saying it. These are typical gains for a IX over an VIII. The curve shows no spool increase, so it's hard to listen to the butt dyno chatter regarding response. I'm sure it feels great, but the graphs show the spool.

Is the White really only $750...$300 more than a used IX? If so, then that's not so bad, since it's new.
Old Aug 2, 2008, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Again I think people are looking at just the gain or peak numbers. He has a VERY mild mod list.....throw in a good manifold, ported im/tb, a good air intake and various other parts, we might see even higher numbers! I would still love to see a car like the English evo try this turbo! Toms post was great, but the only thing lacking was a run with a stock 9 turbo on the same set up. Lucas cracked 500whp on a stock 9, this would be another good test of to-the-max results. I want one
Old Aug 2, 2008, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

I'm not sure I call 280 cams, cam gears, and a race FMIC to be VERY mild or even just...mild. Notice how late the spool is even on the stock turbo compared to most. Hell, that's as late as us up at sea level. I don't know how the cam gears are set, but 280s are definitely built more for top-end. IM/TB is not a big power mod, and you know I don't have those mods. When I went from 05 VIII to IX, my gains were very similar without raising boost or retuning.

I think the gains are great, but I think it can be confusing to some who don't realize that IX turbos react similarly.

Quick Reply: FP WHITE................................FTW!(dyno inside)