Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Lets Compile the data

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2008, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Power 4 The people by the People Lets Compile the data

Hi Guys and Gals just an idea to be considered. We have all seen posts about several builds with different modifications with matching dyno sheets and then the lists of IMHOs that strecth in to several pages. Then the threads of members asking for solutions on how to make "x " horsepower or "y" 1/4 mil time and the information is embedded in this forum with many threads. We have all seen the power of synergy when tuners and manufacturers get together and share information e.g. 9 sec 9 , Bushur, Forced performance .....etc. SO I thought if I compile the information from this forum I could come up with a spreedseet that could sort the data by different fields such as type of turbo, Peak horse power , Torque, Cam type .....etc. Then I realised that it would take alot of time so I was wondering if I can invite all members to submit their Numbers and we coud post the results (maybe on a sticky so all could benefit from). I think that we will start to see patterns and combinations that work well for our specific application and the we can speed up the peronsal r&D in our quest for power. If you are interested respond to this post and once we have 20 members willing to share their data I will start to build the Database. Thanks for reading!

I am particularly curious to see red, green, white combinations.

Robert

Last edited by haywire; Aug 6, 2008 at 06:29 PM.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 01:34 PM
Evolving Member

How deep do you want this to run, I.e., bolt ons, etc?If its normal bolt ons I'm in.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 01:37 PM

Yes! especially bolt ons. That way we can all have parameters to leverage on. Could you imagine filtering your particular parts combination and comparing it so you will have a benchback state of tune? Then the choice for tuners with specific goals could be met by those who have done it before and then be pushed to the absolute limit.
There is a defination of crazy somewhere that states "Mad people do te same thing ovr and over and expect different results. Lets get the Facts going and then make our opinions.

Last edited by haywire; Aug 6, 2008 at 02:01 PM.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
haywire, good idea. About 2 years ago I was going to do the same thing on one of my servers and create a relational database with all of the variables. Turbo, Max boost, 7000 rpm boost, WHP,WTQ at 500 rpm intervals, Dyno type, FMIC, Cams, DV, TB, etc,etc. Anyway, I started working on the car and never did it. If I can help in any way, either by going ahead and creating the db or suggestions, I'm there. Codifying the data will help in keeping the data consistent.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

Dyno chart and mods in sig.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 03:40 PM

9 Sec 9 Thanks for your support! I have a great respect and admiration for your build and I would be calling on you for some ideas about this database. I should let you know that you are responsible for the "tech tach field" in the database when it comes up.

Jean thanks! I guess I should start finalising the Fields for the relevant Data based on the feedback so far. I am open to ideas.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

I would create a child/parent relationship between turbos and the data from posters. The relationship would be for example: GT4202 in the key column in the turbo table, then in the child record (posters data) you could extract and display data relative to the GT4202 without having to add it in each 'poster' record. This would also allow for other data to be compared, such as wheels, trim etc without having to look it up each time. Just a suggestion. It would be good to see whp and wtq at 500 rpm intervals beginning at say 3000 rpms. That would give you columns such as 3000whp, 3500whp, 4000whp.....3000wtq, 3500wtq,.....3000psi, 3500psi,......up to about 8000 or so. By doing that, it would be easy to see the 'spooling/power' characteristics in 'fastest' or 'highest' sorted order at any rpm interval. Another idea would be to record data at time of dyno test, such as ambient, barometric pressure, etc. Then you could easily correct with a single formula when 'standardizing' all of the data. Type of dyno would be good as well as whose dyno (that's where codification would help). Anyway, I'm probably rambling, but I'll try to write something and forward the schema to you.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 05:00 AM

GREAT IDEA! This would mean anyone using the database could overlay different power/torque curves in the same graph for a direct comparison. looking forward to your "schema". Still formulating the fields and I am happy you mentioned barometric ... forgot about that ,but dont worry before we issue the first draft I will send a copy to everyone who has expressed interest in this thread so everyone could have an input.

We should probaby do the same for the cam specs as well.