Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

FP RED vs 35R

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2008, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FP RED vs 35R

Well yall shouldve known it would just be a matter of time before someone would ask about this comparison. The 35R is tried and true and has become a very potent turbo upgrade in the Evo community, especially the HTA version. The FP RED comes from a very reliable company, has already made over 500whp, and is prolly the best DOLLAR FOR DOLLAR turbo in the evo community. In my opinon, i think the red has virtually eliminated the reason to go 50trim or 30R. Again BOTH are geat options. I would say that on a stock block the decision would be very tough. Im sure people will make the argument of, "why look at either one if your stock block?" Most people wont admit it but theyre prolly more 35R stock block set-ups than built block set-ups. Yall chime in...

Price: RED
Availability: 35R
Supporting mods: SAME
Spool-up (for daily driving): ???
Stock block pump power: ???
Stock block meth/race power: ???
Built motor pump power: ???
Built motor meth/race power: ???
Old Aug 8, 2008, 08:44 PM
Account Disabled

lol man you cant compare a red to a 35r...the red build that was over 500hp was a fully built buschur car....you cant dictate what the red is gona do yet off of a buschur race car that runs strictly on kill c16
Old Aug 8, 2008, 08:50 PM
Evolving Member

Im with this guy
Old Aug 8, 2008, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

why not?!? it has also made 470 on trent's car with the following mods;

FP EVORed Turbocharger 10.5 single puck with HP actuator, unported.
FP4R camshafts, both intake and exhaust.
Adjustable exhaust cam gear
FPBeehive springs, stock retainers
ARP head studs
Bsuchur Race FMIC
850cc Delphi injectors
342 fuel pump
PMAS airflow meter with open filter (hot air intake system)
Works 3” cast O2 housing
Works 3” DP
3” test pipe
3” catback
TiAl BOV, the new Q one 11psi spring
Excedy twin cermic HD clutch
Motec M800 ECU (they do not offer a knock control module, aint that stupid?)
A host of R&D sensors throughout the engine compartment, all data collection.

Non Mods List:

Stock intake manifold
Stock head (no porting)
Stock shortblock
Stock Turbo Air inlet pipe
Stock upper IC pipe/hoses
Stock throttle body
Stock exhaust manifold (no porting)
Stock ignition system and coils

Considering all of the stock items on his car i would say that is a fair comparision. What do MOST stock block 35R cars make on pump?
Old Aug 8, 2008, 08:56 PM
Account Disabled

im pretty sure trent has there stage 3 head and shortblock is car is basically a built car to....ill have my red on by next week so ill let you kno....but a red vs. 35r just aint happin
Old Aug 8, 2008, 08:58 PM
Account Disabled

wait wait wait i just lookd at the mod listed u just listed thats Robert from fp mod list.....dont you think his point of view is a lil biased since he runs fp...i mean hell yea it did great but you cant really go off of that
Old Aug 8, 2008, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PsychDr. HN$
What do MOST stock block 35R cars make on pump?
on a standalone 35Rs make well over that 470 even on the stock block... These two turbos cannot be compared...

One is a stock bodied turbo and the other one is a much much much much....much bigger unit...

The red cannot flow 35R numbers...
Old Aug 8, 2008, 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Shacochis06
wait wait wait i just lookd at the mod listed u just listed thats Robert from fp mod list.....dont you think his point of view is a lil biased since he runs fp...i mean hell yea it did great but you cant really go off of that
not i dont doubt him at all. FP is a very honest company. I dont think he or anyone else would risk their reputation on making "unrealistic" claims from a product on HERE. We (the evo community) are pretty good a sniffing out bad or suspect products, times, and numbers.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Probably not a good comparo
Old Aug 8, 2008, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kouzman
on a standalone 35Rs make well over that 470 even on the stock block... These two turbos cannot be compared...

One is a stock bodied turbo and the other one is a much much much much....much bigger unit...

The red cannot flow 35R numbers...
I cant remember exactly where I read it but i thought i saw where the RED flows 60lbs per minute. I cant remember what the 35R flows
if so 60lbs a minute is nothing to sneeze at.
Its natural to compare two turbos that are "next" to eachother on the power scale. There have been threads comparing 50trim vs 30r, 30R vs 35R, 35R vs 37R.
So why not this comparison. The Red flows more than the 30R, right?!?
Old Aug 8, 2008, 09:14 PM
Account Disabled

No im not saying hes lieing but i mean hes the owner of the company do you understand what im trien to say?? the next 3 weeks i think are gonna be crazy for red owners as were gona start seeing real world results stock ecu/stock head/stock block/stock in. mani....i cant wait
Old Aug 8, 2008, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Shacochis06
No im not saying hes lieing but i mean hes the owner of the company do you understand what im trien to say?? the next 3 weeks i think are gonna be crazy for red owners as were gona start seeing real world results stock ecu/stock head/stock block/stock in. mani....i cant wait
i def see what your saying. I can just see a lot of 35R vs RED videos in the future. I will personally be one of those hunting down 35R's. I think on a stock block the RED will be very formidable against the 35R. I know the 35R flows more than the red. Im just not sure which car would cross the line first in the 1/4 considering both of them are identically set up cars both on stock block and pump...
Old Aug 8, 2008, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

The red is essentially a bolt on stock looking 30r. Same flow rates as an HTA 30r, same peak HP/tq, just looks stock. Think of it that way and this is an absurd comparo, unless you just want to compare what makes more sense for each individual based on their desires...just like you would with a 30r/35r
Old Aug 8, 2008, 09:35 PM
Account Disabled

on the track a 35r well take it hands down on the street tho the lag of it might give the red a better chance
Old Aug 8, 2008, 09:36 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by sspaladin28
The red is essentially a bolt on stock looking 30r. Same flow rates as an HTA 30r, same peak HP/tq, just looks stock. Think of it that way and this is an absurd comparo, unless you just want to compare what makes more sense for each individual based on their desires...just like you would with a 30r/35r

actually flows more than a hta30r

Quick Reply: FP RED vs 35R