Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

A full day of work

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2008, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you are the freaking man...
Old Aug 13, 2008, 09:41 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
That is a pretty good day I'd say! I uh, installed some hood dampers on my car...took all of 10 minutes but damn they work good!
Old Aug 13, 2008, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds crazy as usual David! Awesome results too!

I sure have been busting my hump the past few weeks myself......reducing the vehicle weight (made my goal BTW - time for a new one now), installing the coilovers, alignment and corner balance, getting the JDM rear bumper and front bumper painted and put back on, putting the new exhaust on, now I have to clean the car up for this weekend.

This is going to be an awesome weekend. This is my 4th DSM/Evo Shootout, but my first one competing!
Old Aug 13, 2008, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Glad to hear you've been busy busting your butt too Slorice, I sure hope it pays off for you and gets you that 9 second pass you want. I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of records broken this weekend.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 12:57 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
mrjdmjimi, I've worked those kind of hours for years in a row, I know how you feel. I hope you like what you are doing or it is just misery.

I use to work in a steel mill as a laborer, I worked there all day and then I had a gym I opened and ran for 2 straight years. So I'd leave the steel mill go the gym and work there until it closed, 7 days a week like that for 2 years until I got tired of the cry babies in the fitness industry and closed it at the end of my lease. From there the car stuff was already going strong and I was building parts while I was working at the mill and running the gym too. The parts took over and I ended working afternoons at the mill so I could be home and working until I left for the "real" job in the afternoon. Those were super long days.

It's OK if you like what you are involved with, I can't imagine if I had hated it all.

well some days i like it , some days suck ...but whatever , my buschur build money has to come from somewhere ...
And i like hanging with the troops
Old Aug 13, 2008, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

mrjdmjimi, I've worked those kind of hours for years in a row, I know how you feel. I hope you like what you are doing or it is just misery.

I use to work in a steel mill as a laborer, I worked there all day and then I had a gym I opened and ran for 2 straight years. So I'd leave the steel mill go the gym and work there until it closed, 7 days a week like that for 2 years until I got tired of the cry babies in the fitness industry and closed it at the end of my lease. From there the car stuff was already going strong and I was building parts while I was working at the mill and running the gym too. The parts took over and I ended working afternoons at the mill so I could be home and working until I left for the "real" job in the afternoon. Those were super long days.

It's OK if you like what you are involved with, I can't imagine if I had hated it all.

This post explains so much.

David saying he ran a gym explains his vise like handshake grip .

Have a great shootout; I'll make it out there next year .

Unfortunately family concerns take first priority.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Celica2Evo get them 9's!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 13, 2008, 02:08 PM
Account Disabled

i dont want to hear about buschur 10sec pump gas cars anymore .....I want to hear about 9 sec buschur pump gas cars...........
Old Aug 13, 2008, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

How about 9 second Buschur race gas cars??
Old Aug 13, 2008, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
haha, my grip isn't what it use to be, working on it again though.

I agree, but I will settle for seeing these guys run 9's on race gas.

Today was another good one. I got a troublesome 500 whp pump gas EVO, which is actually BR350 #017, sorted out. The car has been plagued with a misfire problem for a long time, hit and miss with it though. It ended up being a sensor issue.

Also did a 39 psi pull on Matt's car, which made 675 whp.

The guys at the shop are busting butt for the shootout this weekend. It is going to be the biggest ever.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 08:18 PM
Evolving Member

haha, my grip isn't what it use to be, working on it again though.

I agree, but I will settle for seeing these guys run 9's on race gas.

Today was another good one. I got a troublesome 500 whp pump gas EVO, which is actually BR350 #017, sorted out. The car has been plagued with a misfire problem for a long time, hit and miss with it though. It ended up being a sensor issue.

Also did a 39 psi pull on Matt's car, which made 675 whp.

The guys at the shop are busting butt for the shootout this weekend. It is going to be the biggest ever.
David could you help us out a little bit with which sensor it was causing the misfire??
Old Aug 13, 2008, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks, I am going to need it! I am going to try my best to get that 9! I want it so bad, and I know its possible! The car is getting a few things done tomorrow, Install a couple parts I have laying around, and getting my alignment re-done, then its getting cleaned up and Ill be ready to go! Its going to be a blast!

And just want to say thanks again to all the guys at Buschur for busting their asses to get my car ready!
Old Aug 14, 2008, 12:56 AM
Account Disabled

This year should be the best shootout yet ...

BuschurStrong = like steroids for an evo