Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

A full day of work

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2008, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
A full day of work

It's shootout time, we are going flat out trying to get everything done before the shootout. This includes a good cleaning of the shop, new T-shirt designs, posting signs, arranging port-a-potties, mowing, trimming and then of course the normal daily grind of building cars and making sure they are done and ready for who ever needs them before this coming Sunday. The work load right now is rediculous.

Thanks to Nick, Jarrod, Trent, Steve, Daniel, Ted, Renee and even my 10 year old son for all the work they are doing right now to get this all done this week.

Today I built two engines to be picked up at the shootout, normal day there.

I usually only dyno one car per day. It's just the way I want it. I can schedule more but one a day is enough. Today was not that day. 4 cars tuned today and that's what I want to point out. Some very good results on each one

Celica2EVO's car. 603 whp, 460 ft lbs of torque. Q16, 2 liter, HTA35r, AEM full typical BR build.

Mr. C. BR 2 liter, another companies head, GSC cams, BR Race FMIC, AEM EMS, RED turbo and straight 93 octane. 422 whp, 390 ft lbs of torque. Excellent.

Then I threw in a reflash Chris's BR350 #024. Stock engine, stock head, BR350 package with no cat, BR Race FMIC, SS 02 housing, stock turbo, Cosworth cams and a reflash, to my surprise on 93 octane at 22.5 psi the car made 320 whp, that is excellent power on a flash on our dyno with a stock turbo.

Last we threw a car on from George's customer that was just shipped in to us to tune from New York. Full BR parts car, stroker, BR Stg 3 head, BF272 cams 1200 cc injectors, double pumper, AEM EMS, some 93 octane, no idea where it is from and actually no gaurantee it is even 93 octane. 525 whp at 29 psi of boost, car came out beautiful. It's been here 2 days and is being shipped back to New York to the owner.

Busy, busy, busy. It's a tough week.

Great results on the dyno today.
Old Aug 12, 2008, 08:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Impressive results as normal David. I'll hopefully stop by Saturday and then make it up to Norwalk Sunday. Just to watch for now though; gotta put some cash away in case something breaks.
Old Aug 12, 2008, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

wow red on 93 not bad!! cant wait to be on the rode that way!!
Old Aug 12, 2008, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

A lil OT but Dave how much do you think a Drop In bottem end would hold back a car with a Stg 3 head, BF cams, V2 intake, and AEM? Im guessing only what it takes to turn the Balance shaft?

Since I already have a .63 5 bolt HTA 35R. The block is pretty low mi now at 34k. Wouldnt be over 35-6k.
Old Aug 12, 2008, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

Dave, You are the ****ing man! Thank You for all your work yesterday and today!
Old Aug 12, 2008, 09:28 PM
Account Disabled

Buschur Power !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 12, 2008, 11:20 PM
Account Disabled

Hey dave , im looking for a new job..(my evo could be a test dummy)
Old Aug 13, 2008, 02:27 AM
Evolving Member

Damn it Dave. Why do you live in the USA? If I was rich, I would get my car sent over to the USA just to get you to tune it.

Nice work though. Keep it up!
Old Aug 13, 2008, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

whitey4d, not sure how much it would effect power just doing drop in pistons, I'd say the power difference would be small.

weapon, not to get off topic but to answer your question, I am starting to wonder why I live here myself. Lack of pride, poor leadership, crooked politicians, is it like that there? Maybe I can move there and tune your car haha
Old Aug 13, 2008, 07:24 AM
Account Disabled

well dave i cant feel your pain , but im on a 15+hours a day 7 days a week....3more weeks till vacation
Old Aug 13, 2008, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

thats crazy!!! BUSCHUR FTW!!!
Old Aug 13, 2008, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

mrjdmjimi, I've worked those kind of hours for years in a row, I know how you feel. I hope you like what you are doing or it is just misery.

I use to work in a steel mill as a laborer, I worked there all day and then I had a gym I opened and ran for 2 straight years. So I'd leave the steel mill go the gym and work there until it closed, 7 days a week like that for 2 years until I got tired of the cry babies in the fitness industry and closed it at the end of my lease. From there the car stuff was already going strong and I was building parts while I was working at the mill and running the gym too. The parts took over and I ended working afternoons at the mill so I could be home and working until I left for the "real" job in the afternoon. Those were super long days.

It's OK if you like what you are involved with, I can't imagine if I had hated it all.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Great work as always
Old Aug 13, 2008, 08:54 AM
Evolving Member

You guys defidently looked busy yesterday. Thanks again for even allowing me to schedule a tune during the week of the shootout. Stuff like that is why I will always go back to Buschur Racing. This weekend is going to be awesome. I look forward to seeing you all there.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2highpsi
You guys defidently looked busy yesterday. Thanks again for even allowing me to schedule a tune during the week of the shootout. Stuff like that is why I will always go back to Buschur Racing. This weekend is going to be awesome. I look forward to seeing you all there.
I know they probably cringed when I would call up wanting work done. I always scheduled my work for the past 2 years during the Shoot Out week. Hey it's a long drive from SC! They still never complained and just fit me in. Stand up guys there, so yeah like you they'll always get my business.

This year I gave them a little longer though to work on my car! Can't wait to pick it up Friday!

Quick Reply: A full day of work