Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

coming in HOT...Spark Tech!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2008, 07:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will work with the EMS..however if you have a standalone the cdi version would be the way to go. This system was designed with stock ecu in mind. There are other reasons to run this system other than needing it. Everyone knows the stock coils are poorly designed and are unreliable. This system also improves idle quality.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SparkTech
Everyone knows the stock coils are poorly designed and are unreliable. This system also improves idle quality.
Everyone except me, considering they've lasted 4 years on my Evo without a single hiccup while being raceed at high boost relentlessly without fail. Being able to race with all sorts of fuels and boost levels without changing anything except a cheap set of plugs invokes much different words than "poor" and "unreliable." I'm very pleased with how much stock ignition has performed. The only thing I'm looking for is to be able to run a higher gap now that I'm on E-85.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 07:34 PM
Former Sponsor

congrats on your experience with your stock coils. I didn't say they don't work. The OP has also stated he noted a smoother idle since installing this system.

A suggestion if you want something cheap install 1g talon/eclipse coils. I've heard other people had success.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 07:37 PM
Former Sponsor

This system has already surpassed our design expectations and recently made 575whp on a evo 9 35r 30psi with meth...the car later ran 10.2 1/4
Old Aug 15, 2008, 07:54 PM
Account Disabled

Awsome system.. The pro is top notch! Ill post some pics next week....Thanks Craig
Old Aug 19, 2008, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

Update...

Ok, I have been driving the car a bit now. This system is amazing!

The most noticeable thing is how much stronger the car feels out of boost. It seems to have more torque down low. Snapper throttle response.
It pulls harder to redline now with no miss or hiccup at all.

All I have to say it's awesome, bottom line!!
Old Aug 19, 2008, 07:08 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Everyone except me, considering they've lasted 4 years on my Evo without a single hiccup while being raceed at high boost relentlessly without fail. Being able to race with all sorts of fuels and boost levels without changing anything except a cheap set of plugs invokes much different words than "poor" and "unreliable." I'm very pleased with how much stock ignition has performed. The only thing I'm looking for is to be able to run a higher gap now that I'm on E-85.
we have had some issues with stock coils... especially on my car....

i have yet to re-dyno dereks car, this is a mod he did outside of our shop, i had NO idea he was doing it...

oh yeah... derek... i have another turbo for you to try after the IM and tbody

cb
Old Aug 19, 2008, 07:30 PM
Former Sponsor

DS-03evo that was the first advantage we noticed on our car...there is a definite crispier feel and amazingly the car seems to make boost earlier or as you explained it feels like it makes more torque down low. Can't wait till Chad gets to turn up the boost and get this baby tuned. Please keep us posted. How about making a dyno pass on the stock coils and then switching back to this and post your finds
Old Aug 19, 2008, 07:48 PM
Evolving Member

DS-03evo that was the first advantage we noticed on our car...there is a definite crispier feel and amazingly the car seems to make boost earlier or as you explained it feels like it makes more torque down low. Can't wait till Chad gets to turn up the boost and get this baby tuned. Please keep us posted. How about making a dyno pass on the stock coils and then switching back to this and post your finds
you know Craig, they could always grip about some other companies system that cost's 1200 bucks and dont even work with the stock ecu and will misfire like crazy on daily driving!!
Old Aug 19, 2008, 07:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Hey Spoolnup...congrats on your 450+ whp on the BR dyno on stock ecu...oh and congrats on your 2nd place in stock appearing class at the shootout!! Job well done
Old Aug 19, 2008, 07:58 PM
Evolving Member

Hey Spoolnup...congrats on your 450+ whp on the BR dyno on stock ecu...oh and congrats on your 2nd place in stock appearing class at the shootout!! Job well done
thanks alot craig and thanks for the shirts and a great product!!!
Old Aug 19, 2008, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

I have been in many SparkTech equipped cars and something I've noticed that with stock ignition coils and really aggressive cams, the car tends to turn off and you have to crank it a few times before it gets going on a cold start. With the SparkTech system in place, that's gone and that's even using POS spark plugs gaped at .26.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 08:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Lil Rico...thanks for your observations. How did EvoDan's car pull...must be a beast huh. Congrats to EvoDan also he made 445whp on pump gas on the BR dyno (pro-system)on stock ecu
Old Aug 19, 2008, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

Lil Rico...thanks for your observations. How did EvoDan's car pull...must be a beast huh. Congrats to EvoDan also he made 445whp on pump gas on the BR dyno (pro-system)on stock ecu
How did it pull???? OMG... That thing makes me feel embarrassed about my car. Dan's car does not misfire, it does not have a hiccup on vacuum, boost or cold starts. The car sounds extremely healthy to say the least. I was watching Dan driving the car at different RPM's and throttle positions and I got to be in the car for 2 days and the car does not, and I mean does NOT have a spark issue what so ever and that's even WITH 1,000cc injectors, BF272 Cams, stock ECU, stock motor, with a full-race 35R kit. There have been many people saying it cannot be done, but believe me it can! The Pro system does it job and does it very well! I was hoping to convince him to put E-85 in the car to test the ignition system further, but he had no clue I was trying to do that.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

Never, ever have *** in your thread title unless its an OT post....

Please.

K thanks, nice COP.

Scorke

Quick Reply: coming in HOT...Spark Tech!!