Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

clutch choices, decisions decisions.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2008, 10:11 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We too post our observations and EXPERIENCES as well which we have shared with the forum.

If it doesn't jive with your experience, we're sorry but we are not going to lie to the forum and state that our first hand experience with the clutch was great.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just a little bit of insight into EvoM product reviews since I was the one who accepted this one and many others. While I worked here, we had a strict policy regarding product reviews. We offered them to anyone (regardless of vendor or not), based on some ground rules.

First, its free. We were not about to pay for items that we did not solicit, and would often have to put our time and money into testing and reviewing, not to mention the exposure. In many cases, we already had a similar part or had no need and simply put it on a back up review car such as this case. So tell me how we were profiting from giving parts away? Hell, half the time, we hated getting more parts as it just took up too much of our time

Second, we always made it clear that supplying a product for review gives no influence on the outcome or site and we will always be honest about our review.

Third, we didn't publish negative reviews. If we got something we didn't like, we simply did not review it which has happened.

So Scott, for you to imply that we manipulated our results on any review is in poor taste. You know damn well it's insulting, and quite honestly I don't even think you believe it yourself. Try arguing a point from the positives rather than trashing on others to cast doubt for a change. If you like one brand, stick to why you like it. If you have had direct bad experiences with another, go ahead and list them. DO NOT go and say that the positive review that John wrote and I arranged is crap simply because it would be convenient to your point.

Last edited by CharlesJ; Oct 24, 2008 at 12:36 PM.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On the note of our results, as John pointed out, they were all positive. When I first spoke with Fidanza, I was skeptical. I told them, it better be good as if its not, they loose the clutch and get no review, but they were confident.

Once testing was complete I had a discussion with John about the results epexcting mixed reviews. Instead I got exactly what was written. A good all around clutch, for a normal Evo. This is not a race car pushing out 700hp, or a car that goes to teh drag strip ever weekend. It is a basic upgrades Evo driven on the street not unlike 90 percent of the Evos out there. If you are a racer, or have some crazy setup, well then unfortunately, this review is not very relevant. Its also safe to say that two people could have the same product and get different results, these were simply ours

Last edited by CharlesJ; Oct 24, 2008 at 12:18 PM.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by derekste
So, does ACT supply this disc special for you, or is this an off the shelf unit? Is it a 6-puck design or is it a full-faced disc? Any pictures?
still never got this question answered by TTP. But from what I understand, their "HD-TTP" is just the HD pressure plate with the sprung, off-the-shelf ACT 6-puck disc.

TTP never answered me straight, so I took my business elsewhere.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Vapor
I was just pointing it out. You can draw your own conclusions as to why they list for one and not the other, or why Buschur doesn't sell ACT. Or why TTP must modify a product in order to sell it as "won't lock out". In my experience, the most logical answer is the best one.
I have yet to see any compelling evidence that the HD-TTP kit is anything but an off-the-shelf unit.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Tilton not really good for a DD it just goes to fast.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

any updates on what your thinking about getting?

Last edited by boostedtres; Oct 24, 2008 at 06:32 PM.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by derekste
I have yet to see any compelling evidence that the HD-TTP kit is anything but an off-the-shelf unit.
Is the HDG6 what you ended up going with? If so, how about a review?