Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

BF 272 Cam Specs

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2008, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DS-03evo
Has there been a test between the JUN 272's and BR 272's yet?
Nope don't expect that one to ever happen.

Scorke
Old Aug 24, 2008, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scorke
Nope don't expect that one to ever happen.

Scorke
Unless I do it.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 10:40 AM
Account Disabled

If you guys send me all the cams, Ill run them on my machine to tell you how close they are to each other. But I am not willing to purchase them just to know for my own good. I use cams that are designed around my Bottom end geometry and valvetrain/head setup, thus, if they need to be custom cut, they are. If a company is not willing to release cam specs, I simply do not buy them. For someone to say.... trust me, they will work, is just not enough for me.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DBallz
How much power are u making on your current setup?
my setup is pretty simple and i am making 436whp on the HKS 272s.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by DeiPro
If a company is not willing to release cam specs, I simply do not buy them. For someone to say.... trust me, they will work, is just not enough for me.
That goes for everything for me A+
Old Oct 12, 2008, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Im going to run my HKS 280s @ Import Face Off on Nov then I will install my BF272 and go back to the track.
I will post the results guys!!!!
Old Oct 12, 2008, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by DeiPro
If you guys send me all the cams, Ill run them on my machine to tell you how close they are to each other. But I am not willing to purchase them just to know for my own good. I use cams that are designed around my Bottom end geometry and valvetrain/head setup, thus, if they need to be custom cut, they are. If a company is not willing to release cam specs, I simply do not buy them. For someone to say.... trust me, they will work, is just not enough for me.
I AGREE 100%
I had a set of Bf 272's I wanted to run in my 2g 7-bolt engine and could have if degreed but I didn't know they where mystery cams. I also had no idea that they would come w/o a cam card for timing events info, if told this upon purchase I would not have purchased them. I just lost my last engine to pistons meeting valves because the cams where installed straight up. Thats all Buschur kept telling me to do like he does with the evo and move them around on the dyno..Riiiight.....

I just spent 8k on this new engine so that was a negative. I sent them back and because of the lack of info provided with these cams. I was not warned that the package would be incomplete. They showed up missing vital info such as cam cards and or timing events to allow me to degree these to my engine. I was charged a 15% restocking fee because the cams where useless to me and Buschur new my intentions from the begining. I will now more than likely order the Juns, hopefully they will come with cam cards.

Last edited by Migsubishi; Oct 12, 2008 at 08:20 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2008, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

DB says just set it to 0 Degrees
Old Oct 12, 2008, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evovin
DB says just set it to 0 Degrees
Not in my engine I wont and incase you miss what I just wrote. The last cams where installed the same way, 106 miles later I'm spending 8k again. Sorry not made of money, I don't gamble with my engines. If they made that clear to me I wouldn't have purchased them and will not purchase anything else from them. AMS so far has been straight forward on everything I talk to them about. So I will be ordering my Juns through them sometime this week.
Old Oct 12, 2008, 09:20 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
In all fairness, they almost certainly didn't foresee this issue. Like I mentioned in the AMS Cam Test thread and for the benefit of all those who may read this, different pistons, different valve seats and installed height, different head gaskets, different cams, and different valve diameters all play a role in valve to piston clearance, and just because the motor turns over without contact, that does not mean one is in the clear.

I'm sorry you are having to deal with this. I may make a new discussion on this topic to bring some facts to light.
Old Oct 12, 2008, 11:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Migsubishi
I AGREE 100%
I had a set of Bf 272's I wanted to run in my 2g 7-bolt engine and could have if degreed but I didn't know they where mystery cams. I also had no idea that they would come w/o a cam card for timing events info, if told this upon purchase I would not have purchased them. I just lost my last engine to pistons meeting valves because the cams where installed straight up. Thats all Buschur kept telling me to do like he does with the evo and move them around on the dyno..Riiiight.....

I just spent 8k on this new engine so that was a negative. I sent them back and because of the lack of info provided with these cams. I was not warned that the package would be incomplete. They showed up missing vital info such as cam cards and or timing events to allow me to degree these to my engine. I was charged a 15% restocking fee because the cams where useless to me and Buschur new my intentions from the begining. I will now more than likely order the Juns, hopefully they will come with cam cards.
So you installed the BF272 on your Eclipse?
Old Oct 13, 2008, 05:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ted B
In all fairness, they almost certainly didn't foresee this issue. Like I mentioned in the AMS Cam Test thread and for the benefit of all those who may read this, different pistons, different valve seats and installed height, different head gaskets, different cams, and different valve diameters all play a role in valve to piston clearance, and just because the motor turns over without contact, that does not mean one is in the clear.

I'm sorry you are having to deal with this. I may make a new discussion on this topic to bring some facts to light.
Yes very true, which is the more reason why people need info on what they are putting into their engines. Thanks man believe it or not that means something to me. Although I will not make a discussion about this because I don't want to ruffle any feathers. There are other ways this can be handled. I more or less just wanted to point out the importance of having said info for some to keep an engine longer than 100 miles.

Originally Posted by evovin
So you installed the BF272 on your Eclipse?
No I didn't install them, once I saw there was no cam card I started trying to get the info needed. Believe it or not Evo 8 cams do work in the older 4g63 engines when degreed and modified. I don't have an eclipse, I have a fully built 99 eclipse 7-bolt engine in my 99 civic hatch back and yes its awd.

Last edited by Migsubishi; Oct 13, 2008 at 07:09 AM.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 08:04 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Migsubishi
Yes very true, which is the more reason why people need info on what they are putting into their engines. Thanks man believe it or not that means something to me. Although I will not make a discussion about this because I don't want to ruffle any feathers. There are other ways this can be handled. I more or less just wanted to point out the importance of having said info for some to keep an engine longer than 100 miles.

No I didn't install them, once I saw there was no cam card I started trying to get the info needed. Believe it or not Evo 8 cams do work in the older 4g63 engines when degreed and modified. I don't have an eclipse, I have a fully built 99 eclipse 7-bolt engine in my 99 civic hatch back and yes its awd.

Damn that looks sweet...best of luck too you bro...Im going threw a deal simalir to you...and now AMS has my car
Old Oct 13, 2008, 08:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bf272, No cam card, 712whp, 600 miles on the motor on the street and probably 20 passes to 150mph and no issues.. I like to keep my extra $$$ to myself and not spend it on Juns that i didnt see any better results with..
Old Oct 13, 2008, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Bf272, No cam card, 712whp, 600 miles on the motor on the street and probably 20 passes to 150mph and no issues.. I like to keep my extra $$$ to myself and not spend it on Juns that i didnt see any better results with..
bf272's here too...making 580 with about 10 passes on the 1320 ,installed straight up...no problems in the 500 miles since install

Quick Reply: BF 272 Cam Specs