Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Tell me about your Stock turbo setups (also green and red setups)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2008, 12:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tell me about your Stock turbo setups (also green and red setups)

After going through many setups, including 50 trim, 35r, stock turbo with 10.5, and a couple of IX turbo setups, ive parted the car out, and now wanting to build again. Im going to have to say out of all the setups i have listed i LOVED the IX setup. Problem is the car has never been fully tuned to its capabilities. Ive had turbotrix, dynoflash, safc-2, and 4WS do tuning. Turbotrix didnt like, Dynoflash sucked ***, safc-2 worked, and Tamer did a great job and is very helpful. He took a lot of time tuning and adjusting stuff on maps we did, and thought everything was fine. Well after going to the track pulling 1.760fts which is respectable, and never trapping above 110, besides the 35r which i trapped 118 on 22psi i think im giving up on the mail in/email tunes. just been a very very frustrating road. I see guys running amazing times, and mail/email tunes working great but, I think i would rather take it have it tuned on a dyno and go that route this time. To take nothing away from Tamer (4WS) hes a great guy and awesome to work with, and not to mention some of the cars he has tuned are simply amazing. With the new setup im staying stock turbo, and full bolt on. My signature is my last setup i had and liked it a lot just thought i was going to get out of the car but changed my mind. Cam wise i have had hks 264/272 and hks 280/280. With this being said I do not plan on tearing into the motor besides doing cams, and i do not plan on doing valve springs, this car will not rev past 8k. So with this being said please list your mods you have pros and cons of the setup, and also dyno numbers if available, which doesnt mean a lot to me, because usually its all just a number. Some of the things im interested in here are the following

Turbo
Cams
intake
LICP
Boost controller
UICP

Again please stock turbo setups only, Green and red turbos i would also like to see. This car wil be ran on pump gas 93 oct and 22-25 psi daily. Please list who made the parts. This will all be on an 05 as well. Thanks!
Old Aug 24, 2008, 12:51 AM
Evolved Member

Please use the search function.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 02:11 AM
EE
Evolving Member

the fp white seams to be a good turbo for you
Old Aug 24, 2008, 06:24 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
What are your goals? No offense but you sound like the type that will just never be happy, or perhaps just not content to roll with what you got. With that being said, I say keep the IX turbo and install an Aquamist HFS-1 setup, jdm map sensor, gm bcs, and use the ecu to control boost. Your setup is very similar to mine, I even have an 05 SSL, but its black . Alky and more boost will give your car the most giggly fun midrange torque that will make you smile every day, but with the above components, you can use Tephra v5 mapswitching and turn it off and run lower boost for a nice, more tame setup (if the mood ever strikes you).

Here's a link to a vid of my mapswitching setup, with vid and more info:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=334575

Here's a link to the power my car currently puts down, and mod list:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=357243

The best advice I can give is to make a goal and shoot for it. Your whole post is about going through all these setups, but I never hear any mention of any type of goal. What are you doing? Road racing? Drag? Just DD/Street? Have fun with the car. Don't sell it. Life is short, have fun.

And again, find a tuner you're happy with. I use DB Performance here in MN, it's not that far of a drive Otherwise install a wideband and just tune it yourself!
Old Aug 24, 2008, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

Mods in my sig.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 03redtype-s
This car wil be ran on pump gas 93 oct and 22-25 psi daily. Please list who made the parts. This will all be on an 05 as well. Thanks!
If you are only running low boost and pump gas you are going the wrong way. The way to better power at pow boost is more cubes and better VE of the engine plus more RPM. The engine will pretty much only make so much power at any given boost. Add boost get power. In oreder to get better power at the same boost you must replace things like cams, valves, intake manifolds and eventually build the motor with more displacement. I had a 2.4l Talon with basically everything done including big valve head and Hogans SMIM and I put a stock turbo on it to fill a gap between a SC61 and a planned GT42 and that car was awesome to drive. It hit about 21psi at 2500 rpm and fell off to 12psi by redline since the turbo couldnt keep up. It went 12.6@110 on basically 12psi shifting at 6K. I bet the car made 400tq and 300whp. On the same motor but big turbo the car made 487awhp and 400awtq at 23psi and went 11.6@126. It is all about the engine at low boost. Here is the low boost dyno graph. 23psi.
Attached Thumbnails Tell me about your Stock turbo setups (also green and red setups)-dyno-medium-.jpg  
Old Aug 24, 2008, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
mods in my sig also. I agree that Tamer is awesome to work with. My car feels better since he had his way with the ECU. I have not been to the track since I was retuned, but my best time before that was 12.1@112 1.8 60ft at englishtown stock clutch. From what people have told me the fun factor on a maxed out IX turbo setup can be awesome. Talk to Tamer again and ask him about his black EVOIX when it was on a stock turbo setup with meth and 19s running 11.3 in the 120s with a full interior. thats a good goal to shoot for.full bolt ons plus 500 give or take on a meth kit. and you have a fast car
Old Aug 24, 2008, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

I would do a red dude. It has a GT3076 wheel built into the 9 turbo. Amazing! People are putting down ridiculous numbers with this piece. I will probably go this route when I buy another Evo.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CrackerJackToy
I would do a red dude. It has a GT3076 wheel built into the 9 turbo. Amazing! People are putting down ridiculous numbers with this piece. I will probably go this route when I buy another Evo.
I thought the red was a 56lb min. wheel?

The 3076 is a 53lb min wheel?? I am not 100% sure though.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DS-03evo
I thought the red was a 56lb min. wheel?

The 3076 is a 53lb min wheel?? I am not 100% sure though.
the 3076 is a 52lb min wheel, the HTA 3076 is I believe a 58lb min wheel, the FP Red is a 58-60lb min wheel based on 9sec9's data.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RyuEvoIX
the 3076 is a 52lb min wheel, the HTA 3076 is I believe a 58lb min wheel, the FP Red is a 58-60lb min wheel based on 9sec9's data.
Ok, good stuff.. thanks
Old Aug 24, 2008, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

Go with a red.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
jump on the red bandwagon if to can get one.I personally need to see how rockin it is on a stock motor with bolt ons. Basically what's in my sig plus red.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jersey Dino
jump on the red bandwagon if to can get one.I personally need to see how rockin it is on a stock motor with bolt ons. Basically what's in my sig plus red.
That's already been shown.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 05:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
That's already been shown.

+2^

I'll quote my wife from earlier today: "Wow! Thats 100mph already, I just hit the gas!"

Red, stock motor, intake, 3" TBE. Car goes. Nuff said