Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Switched to Amsoil

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2008, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for oil doc
Old Sep 12, 2008, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Oil Doc
Unless you are running a radically loose engine... refer to my post above yours... You can starve a Turbo, Less HP..

Doc
how loose are you talking?
Old Sep 12, 2008, 07:43 PM
Evolving Member

Ive got all amsoil in my car and I love it. Runs quiter then it ever has and shifts great.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

I just changed out the whole drivetrain today with AMSOIL (engine, tranny, diff, & transfer case). It shifts and feels great! I'll be using AMSOIL from here on out .

engine - 0w-30 SSO
transmission - MTG
Diff & transfer case - SVG
Old Oct 20, 2008, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by metal4all6
I just changed out the whole drivetrain today with AMSOIL (engine, tranny, diff, & transfer case). It shifts and feels great! I'll be using AMSOIL from here on out .

engine - 0w-30 SSO
transmission - MTG
Diff & transfer case - SVG
Love to hear good reviews... You will not be sorry with AMSOIL..

Old Oct 20, 2008, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Great OIL , even though I'm trying something diffrent now.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 02:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sharkbite2000
Great OIL , even though I'm trying something diffrent now.
Yes, it is a Great Oil, glad you agree... Curious as what you are trying and why ?

Couple things I believe in.... Superior Lubrication and Superior Filtration, Oil and Air.

AMSOIL has all of them....

Oil, is the Lifeblood of your engine, the filter is the Kidney that keeps it clean. Doesn't your car deserve the best ?

Old Oct 24, 2008, 02:16 AM
Evolved Member

I noticed a post that I think I forgot to answer..

The question was "How Loose?" on engine clearances for a certain weight oil.

If the engine has stock or tighter clearances, a 30 weight oil is recommended and if you have no Cat, AMSOIL RD-20, 5W-20 Racing oil can be use or RD-30 10W-30 Racing oil.

After that, it is trial time.... Run he lightest oil possible without loss of oil pressure. I am not talking a pound or so, I mean into unsafe boundaries. We are running a 2.3 blown engine with over 1400 HP on the Salt Flats with 10W-40 AMSOIL.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 07:47 AM
Evolving Member

I've switched my oil, and tranny fluid over to AMSOIL already, and Im considering the T-case and rear differential. Any of you guys that have been running AMSOIL in the T-case for a while have any issues?

Time trial guys, Drag race guys, Vendors, any of you running AMSOIL in the T-case, any problems?

I'm just hesitant because from what I have read and seen, ONLY put mitsu diaqueen in the t-case and rear diff.......but I been really impressed with the rest of the fuilds and thinking about making the switch here as well.....

Any feed back is greatly appreciated!
Old Jan 9, 2009, 08:11 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by denver
I've switched my oil, and tranny fluid over to AMSOIL already, and Im considering the T-case and rear differential. Any of you guys that have been running AMSOIL in the T-case for a while have any issues?

Time trial guys, Drag race guys, Vendors, any of you running AMSOIL in the T-case, any problems?

I'm just hesitant because from what I have read and seen, ONLY put mitsu diaqueen in the t-case and rear diff.......but I been really impressed with the rest of the fuilds and thinking about making the switch here as well.....

Any feed back is greatly appreciated!
Denver,,, its been discussed manny times, i have a couple customers that have been runing AMSOIL in the TC and rear diff, its like everything you will get different opinions, however AMSOIL is a company which they put lots of money and resources into their Engineering Dept, you bet they ensure the oil is outperforming their competition, the Heavy Gear is whats reccomended for Evo.

let us know will hook you up.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

i had a notchy 4th gear and when i installed my exedy twin i used AMSOIL MTG for the tranny and the notchy 4th gear is gone
Old Jan 9, 2009, 08:21 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by evane
i had a notchy 4th gear and when i installed my exedy twin i used AMSOIL MTG for the tranny and the notchy 4th gear is gone
It does help, glad it helpped you
Old Jan 9, 2009, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by apagan01
Denver,,, its been discussed manny times, i have a couple customers that have been runing AMSOIL in the TC and rear diff, its like everything you will get different opinions, however AMSOIL is a company which they put lots of money and resources into their Engineering Dept, you bet they ensure the oil is outperforming their competition, the Heavy Gear is whats reccomended for Evo.

let us know will hook you up.
I searched several times and this was the only thread I came up with......but I do suck at coming up with the perfect magic words for the search function.

I have the same thoughts about AMSOIL, it just scares me to death with the T-case.....

I appreciate the response.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 08:27 AM
Account Disabled

I searched several times and this was the only thread I came up with......but I do suck at coming up with the perfect magic words for the search function.

I have the same thoughts about AMSOIL, it just scares me to death with the T-case.....

Its reccomended by our tech DEPT, think about it we waranty the use of oils in any systems, i dont think AMSOIL would warranty something they think or know will cause a failure.

one of my customers just did a full AMSOIL fill, Engine, TC, rear diff, Tanny, he runs a FP Red car put down 550 WHP 505 TQ hes saying most drivetrain noises are gone as we know evos have lots of drive train noises.

youll be ok
Old Jan 9, 2009, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

Denver.....

I now have over 1000 EVOm members using AMSOIL SVG in their TC and Rear Diffs.

I look at it this way. I have been selling AMSOIL here for almost 2 years now..If there was a problem, it would be all over these forums.

I have at least 2 race teams that buy the MTG and SVG in 5 Gallon pails and a new Racing customer out of the Chicago area that just ordered a 55 Gallon drum of the Racing Dominator 5W-20.

Doc

Last edited by Oil Doc; Jan 9, 2009 at 12:16 PM.