Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

AWD Motorsports Switching to Haltech E11v2 & Racepak Dash..

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2008, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Subscribed... I know you've been talking about the Haltech for a while Mike and I'm excited to see this moving forward!

I hope to be going to AWD soon with John, Mike, when do you project that you will have this into the car? I would like to see what it looks like once you got it installed and how the Racepak works.... I never seen one in person before and I would like to learn...
Old Aug 30, 2008, 06:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LilRico
Subscribed... I know you've been talking about the Haltech for a while Mike and I'm excited to see this moving forward!

I hope to be going to AWD soon with John, Mike, when do you project that you will have this into the car? I would like to see what it looks like once you got it installed and how the Racepak works.... I never seen one in person before and I would like to learn...
I am not sure exactly when i will have this all up and running.. The whole car is being revamped once again to bring down the weight. With all that going on along with the Haltech I cant say when it will be ready.. However, i am sure it will be Orlando we will be going to for our 1st test and tune with it so ill keep you informed before we head up there..
Old Aug 30, 2008, 06:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Indy Evo
Nice set up, Racepak has come a long way . I had one of the first ones. The black box with the adding machine printer. Wow that was a long time ago . Good luck Mike
Thanks Jim, I always wanted the racepak dash on my Turbo Hayabusa but never got around to doing it so this time I made sure i got it.. I am sure it has evolved over the years..

Last edited by AWD Motorsports; Aug 30, 2008 at 06:27 PM.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

Dang, something new and exciting coming out of AWD every day! lol
Old Aug 30, 2008, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Thanks Jim, I always wanted the racepak dash on my Turbo Hayabusa but never got around to doing it so this time I made sure i got it.. I am sure it has evolved over the years..
The Aim dash would be better suited for your bike!
Old Aug 30, 2008, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
I am not sure exactly when i will have this all up and running.. The whole car is being revamped once again to bring down the weight. With all that going on along with the Haltech I cant say when it will be ready.. However, i am sure it will be Orlando we will be going to for our 1st test and tune with it so ill keep you informed before we head up there..
Good, good, please keep me informed... I'm like following all of your latest accomplishments.... You guys keep moving up and keep making things happen!
Old Aug 30, 2008, 07:23 PM
Former Sponsor

The first logger box was bigger than what you have pictured... box and dash and you read strip charts for the events. Damn I'm old.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 08:30 PM
Account Disabled

Great choice - another team sick of AEM clitches and snafos

Cant wait to hear all about your project

Al
Old Aug 30, 2008, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Al, from your experience, how does this compare to the AEM (as far as power) on a car with the same mods?
Old Aug 30, 2008, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Great choice - another team sick of AEM clitches and snafos
Cant wait to hear all about your project
Al
So true.
The thing is that the software is great. The hardware is what sucks and the resulting troubles that come along with it gets old in a hurry.
Like I said everything has it's place but it's time to move on.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 08:59 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by EVOLVEU
Al, from your experience, how does this compare to the AEM (as far as power) on a car with the same mods?

Im going to say it will not change POWER at all.. I could be wrong and crispeed along with Al can chime in on this.. It controls all the same things for the most part.. Obviously one unit has different features over the other.. The haltech we are sure though will have less bugs and be a more consistent solution for us..
Old Aug 30, 2008, 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

Haltech is very popular in Europe. Who tunes Haltech on the East Coast?
Old Aug 30, 2008, 09:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Sean Ivey i believe does up north and we do down here.. In between no idea..
Old Aug 30, 2008, 09:11 PM
Evolving Member

i had the E6X on my rx7......

worst decision in my life. that damn Picky-*** haltech was such a pain in my ***. and the support? i had to buy a calling card and wait till like midnight to call nsw austrailia and have them over the phone diagnose probs with me... UGH! pisses me off just thinking about it.

hopefully you have all the luck i didnt with mine. plus, the e11 is the biggest baddest mother they offer with the most options. damn, and i though i had alot to tune for. you've have all the bells and whistles!

Good luck, hope all goes well my friend!
Old Aug 30, 2008, 09:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TeamValorRacing
i had the E6X on my rx7......

worst decision in my life. that damn Picky-*** haltech was such a pain in my ***. and the support? i had to buy a calling card and wait till like midnight to call nsw austrailia and have them over the phone diagnose probs with me... UGH! pisses me off just thinking about it.

hopefully you have all the luck i didnt with mine. plus, the e11 is the biggest baddest mother they offer with the most options. damn, and i though i had alot to tune for. you've have all the bells and whistles!

Good luck, hope all goes well my friend!

I am sure crispeed will chime in on the e6x on Rx7.. He does more rotaries on Haltech than anyone around here.. He doesnt have an issue with getting ahold of haltech because when they have an issue alot of times they call him for advice..

Quick Reply: AWD Motorsports Switching to Haltech E11v2 & Racepak Dash..