Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

AWD Motorsports Switching to Haltech E11v2 & Racepak Dash..

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2008, 10:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you AL and Sean for all the Input.. it is nice to get some feedback from guys that have experience with certain units not just Hear Say..

Mike
Old Sep 1, 2008, 10:09 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by crcain
Ok and now this may be way off topic but, I've heard AEM guys say "boost comp" before and other people. What is it? I assume "boost compensation"?

If so, what does it mean? I mean I keep asking myself, what do you use to compensate for boost? And I'm like, well duh.. retard, lower lambda, etc but this is accomplished via 3d fuel or ignition map, so what is "boost comp"?
Boost comp in AEM speak is where there is a fuel trim map used to compensate for Boost vs fuel percentage.
In essence you are having the unit add or subtract fuel based off your map sensor reading. That leaves the tuner with only some 2 d tuning of RPM vs PW.
So technically if you tune the car at 15psi, at 20psi the af should be exactly the same. It works pretty well.

The autronic has that built in already, some sort of map compensation. You could make the fuel the same in all the RPM columns and you wouldnt be far off with the boost going up, means something has to be going on in the background.
Autronic units are pretty good, I think the guy who developed them used to be with Motec and broke off deciding to do his own thing. Have tuned alot of these, but I would't call myself an expert.

Alright that's enough back to Mike's thread, sorry Mike!

Sean
Old Sep 1, 2008, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Is it me or does the Haltech software remind you of the Power FC datalogit software? I just Dl it and it looks to be very easy on the user side. I like it so far.