Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

AWD Motorsports Switching to Haltech E11v2 & Racepak Dash..

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2008, 02:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AWD Motorsports Switching to Haltech E11v2 & Racepak Dash..

Well we made the decision to go all out with my car and that means no more stock wiring harness.. No sense in using a plug and play ECU anymore.. Crispeed who does all the tuning on our Black Evo is going to be doing the wiring harness and tuning as usual.. Here are some pics of the Haltech and Dash setup.. We are also going to be testing the Haltech E8 Plug and Play unit in the next month on another EVO VIII as well.. Ill keep you guys posted..

Old Aug 30, 2008, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW!!! Can't wait to see how everything goes!
Old Aug 30, 2008, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

Mike you are are such a baller.... DAMN! Good luck with it mang!
Old Aug 30, 2008, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

Is the unit mounted in the same tray as the stock one? Or are you remote mounting elsewhere?

The Haltech is a bad *** system. Good Luck!!!

-E
Old Aug 30, 2008, 03:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by vwjeff
Mike you are are such a baller.... DAMN! Good luck with it mang!

Thanks jeff.. Not really a baller, just sick in the head w/ a disease to go as fast as possible..
Old Aug 30, 2008, 03:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Wicked E
Is the unit mounted in the same tray as the stock one? Or are you remote mounting elsewhere?

The Haltech is a bad *** system. Good Luck!!!

-E

The haltech is going to be mounted inside the car somewhere that has easy access to it if we need to get to it for anything.. Probably going to do a nice plate on the passenger floor for all the electronics including the Buschur COP M&W Box.. Id like to always keep electronice mounted inside rather than under the hood..
Old Aug 30, 2008, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

I don't know much about Haltech but why do they insist on putting Haltech stickers on other peoples products They do that with the Innovate sensors and now the AiM? I run that Dash with an SM4... it's pretty nice not needing so many guages, but as a tach it's pretty useless. The shift lights and alarms are nice though.

Why did you choose Haltech?

Hearing stories of AEM issues lately makes me wonder. However so many people use AEM I'm not sure I'd think there is anything wrong with Another Exploded Motor.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

Wow just realized that is not an AiM Dash.. hmm looks similar except missing the alarm LEDS on the side.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 04:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by crcain
I don't know much about Haltech but why do they insist on putting Haltech stickers on other peoples products They do that with the Innovate sensors and now the AiM? I run that Dash with an SM4... it's pretty nice not needing so many guages, but as a tach it's pretty useless. The shift lights and alarms are nice though.

Why did you choose Haltech?
Its not Aim its a Racepak.. Im not using it for a tach as i have a real shiftlight on my cage.. The alarms are nice and having every single parameter the Haltech reads viewable in front of me will be helpful..

why Haltech?? Why not?? Its a 1/4 of the price of Motec and my tuner Crispeed has been doing Haltech for over 10 years and knows it inside and out..
Old Aug 30, 2008, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Thanks jeff.. Not really a baller, just sick in the head w/ a disease to go as fast as possible..
Makes to of us, but you are at a much higher level, and I wish you guys best of luck!!!

subscribed
Old Aug 30, 2008, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by crcain
I don't know much about Haltech but why do they insist on putting Haltech stickers on other peoples products They do that with the Innovate sensors and now the AiM?
I guess you've never seen the many other companies doing the same. It's not like they just do it. Those companies are in contract with each other to provide said products. Not to mention they come setup to just plug-n-play for the said application. No guessing with the steup etc.
Have you bought a LM-1 or LC-1 that has Titan Motorsports labled on it as of yet?
What about all the ecu companies that have their name on a M&W product!

why Haltech?? Why not?? Its a 1/4 of the price of Motec ..
Don't worry both ecus use the same connectors!
Plus the boost-by-gear does actually work. It's got a real antilag setup with a flatshift program that works nicely with a strain gauge setup. Peak-n-hold injector drivers are standard. Ignition drivers that do not require you to open and bridge the ignition output drivers or use and oem igniter to trigger certain ignition amplifiers. No worrying about the chip falling out of the ecu or resetting like on a certain other plug-n-pray setup.

d my tuner Crispeed has been doing Haltech for over 10 years and knows it inside and out..
More like 14years!
I'm so old!

Last edited by crispeed; Aug 30, 2008 at 05:20 PM.
The following users liked this post:
TEXAS TRAVISTY (Dec 11, 2019)
Old Aug 30, 2008, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

Its not Aim its a Racepak.. Im not using it for a tach as i have a real shiftlight on my cage.. The alarms are nice and having every single parameter the Haltech reads viewable in front of me will be helpful..

why Haltech?? Why not?? Its a 1/4 of the price of Motec and my tuner Crispeed has been doing Haltech for over 10 years and knows it inside and out..
keep us updated on the E8 testing. good to see we have more options to us.

BTW.... i was over at USP a couple of weeks ago (a buddy of mine was getting his drivetrain fluids changed, he drives a silver Legacy Spec B). i saw AWD right next door. the place looks awesome Mike.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 05:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Viciouslord
keep us updated on the E8 testing. good to see we have more options to us.

BTW.... i was over at USP a couple of weeks ago (a buddy of mine was getting his drivetrain fluids changed, he drives a silver Legacy Spec B). i saw AWD right next door. the place looks awesome Mike.

Thanks man.. I appreciate the feedback..
Old Aug 30, 2008, 05:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Great choice Mike!

Sean
Old Aug 30, 2008, 05:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Nice set up, Racepak has come a long way . I had one of the first ones. The black box with the adding machine printer. Wow that was a long time ago . Good luck Mike

Quick Reply: AWD Motorsports Switching to Haltech E11v2 & Racepak Dash..