Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Lag between shifts, help!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2008, 12:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lag between shifts, help!!

Hey guys, i'm losing my mind over this problem that I'm having. Whenever I go WOT and shift at redline (8700rpms) and then go back to WOT the car falls on its face for about a second and then picks back up. I just recently got tuned by Dynoflash and he said it didn't look to be a tuning issue at all (due to time constraints i didnt have the shop look into the problem). My mods can be seen below in my signature and i'm using a GM boost solenoid to control boost (not the new 3 port that I keep seeing pop up).

Any ideas what this could be? It's a very consistent problem and I can replicate it on the spot. Is it possible that my alcohol system is dumping too much alcohol and creating extremely rich shifts? It's hard to look down at the wideband when going WOT on the streets lol. I'm open to suggestions as i'm at my wits end with this issue.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 01:33 PM
Former Sponsor

hmmm. I am assuming this just starting happening or did this happen ever since you have been tuned?
Old Sep 3, 2008, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

This was happening before the tune. Al mentioned that I should switch to an MBC and that my GM solenoid might not be responding fast enough. I haven't had a chance to make the switch yet and just wanted to see if anyone else experienced this problem.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

This has happend to be also, but only until the motor is warmed up. Maybe clutch problem?
Old Sep 3, 2008, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

have you tried logging some of your pulls to see what your a/f's look like between shifts... that could be a simple solution to your problem.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 03:59 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dynofrk666
This was happening before the tune. Al mentioned that I should switch to an MBC and that my GM solenoid might not be responding fast enough. I haven't had a chance to make the switch yet and just wanted to see if anyone else experienced this problem.
Where in New York do you live? If you want to meet me, i will check it out for you and we can do some logging. Like stated below, simple air/fuel can be your problem but if you want to switch to a MBC and do some logging, that is not a problem either, i have a few laying around.