Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Reichen's EVO 2 breaks the 1000 awhp barrier

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2008, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I am correct thats a TWIN SCROLL turbo that has excellent spool characteristics compared to the 40R? (4088)

Scorke
Old Sep 8, 2008, 12:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Yes it's twin scroll. Only because the exhaust housings were available in divided form. Don't look into too much son.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 01:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Shearer
Don't look into too much son.
This is EvoM....where some cannot help it

Btw....the turbo kit is still doing great
Old Sep 8, 2008, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Shearer
Yes it's twin scroll. Only because the exhaust housings were available in divided form. Don't look into too much son.
Why would they ONLY be available in twin scroll?

Seems like Borg Warner must not want customers to make the most power?

Seriously?

Scorke
Old Sep 8, 2008, 04:00 PM

What's up guys?
I guess you already heard that I made some pretty decent power this weekend.
I just wanted to let everyone know what's been going on for the past few weeks.
Well it was a mad rush to try and get the car ready for the shootout and in doing so I did not have time to take the car out and test it before I had to leave for the shootout, so the car was troubled by a few small problems so that it would not launch properly and pull a good time.

I would also like to thank Devo Tuning for helping me even be able to get the car together in time to make to the shoot out-and for all the great help over the last couple of years.

It also had a small engine problem the whole time it was at norwalk, I think it through a rocker on the first pass of the event. This is what was causing the car to break up in 3rd & 4th gear(and it still ran 160 mph). Anyway I did some trouble shooting when I took the car back home and found and fixed the problem.

I then took the car to P & L Motorsports dyno (awd dynojet), which is where I always go to get my car dyno'd with as few problem as can be, they are a bunch of great guys over there and if you are local I highly rec. them !

Back to the story- I would like to clear up a few things first of all the turbo is a straight up Borg Warner turbo = s400
Second the boost was what I would call a solid 40 psi. it touched 41 psi but only for a couple of split seconds.
The car pulled really clean and the run was over

THE VIDEO SHOULD BE UP TOMMORROW(I have to get it to my friend Yusuf so that he can edit it and upload it ).

I tried to go higher with the boost but it appears I have reached the limits of what a plain jane MSD DIS 2 can handled and it would only misfire at higher boost levels.
I believe that this setup has quite a bit left in it yet.
Afterwards I lowwered the boost to about 35 psi and made 966 awhp.

And if anyone wants to know this was on the std. setting on the dyno graphs which is what I think everyone else is posting in.
Oh and the smoothing was on 5.

As for races, that was one of the other areas that was off a bit. the numbers quoted with the videos are about 50 hp to high for each one.

Any other questions ?

P.S. just wait and see what my next setup is !
If you think this is badass just wait !!!!!

Last edited by 1 fast evo 2; Sep 8, 2008 at 04:09 PM. Reason: I left a couple of things out.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 01:43 AM
Evolving Member

I have to get the cd that came with Mike's JVC camcorder to convert the MOV files to AVI's. Does anybody have a link to a user friendly program download? Here is the dyno sheet for now.

Old Sep 9, 2008, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

Nice power.

Try this program to convert the video.

http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/#us
Old Sep 9, 2008, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

Awesome!
Old Sep 9, 2008, 06:50 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow, I'm guessing you're going to be shifting at 10k+ to stay in the meat of it? I had to stand up and watch the car each time you made a pass...I could tell it was being lazy off the line but when it got moving it was crazy fast and sounded incredible at high RPM.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

wow make sure to post results from your next event! love seeing this car break standing mile records.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 07:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Reichen is making some Powah!!

Last edited by AWD Motorsports; Sep 9, 2008 at 02:32 PM.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
This will make the Silver State standing mile really interesting. I hear talk of a viper or 2 that are making about the same power that are going to be there. Congrats Mike and crew
Old Sep 9, 2008, 03:03 PM

Mellon- the reason the car was laggy off the line at the shootout was the vehicle speed sensor and 2 step where not working properly and the car wouldn't make boost at the line. Oh and the fact that a rocker arm was laying in the bottom of the head probably didn't help very much. Also the tune on the car is setup for top end for the mile events, we pulled it up to 10,300 rpm on the dyno and the hp was still flat at well over 1000 awhp.

Mike - I don't know man, with this setup it runs pretty good and so far (knock on wood) no problems with this turbo, of course it hasn't seen 50 psi yet. But I don't really see there being an issue with it.
I may run it up to 50 psi just to see what it would make up there, but I am only planning on running around 45 psi-I think that should do nicely .

John B -I am unfortunately not going to go to the silverstate classic this year due to the fact that the advertising agency that is now handling Optima batteries was playing games with me and did not get things setup within a suitable time frame so that I could plan accordingly. Since I was not happy with there lack of commitment(sp) I had to call them and let them know that I had to pass as I have another sponsor who wants to see there product out there and it still needs to be installed ,tested , and run in the 2 last mile races of the year as well as some quarter mile action.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 04:43 PM
Account Disabled

well, all problems aside it still made for an excellent showing out there...I just can't get over how badass it sounded and rocketed off after the mid point. I'm glad to hear you've got a handle on the issues and hope you make an even better showing at the shootout next year.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 06:03 PM

Mike, Congratulations on the new HP figures! I am really happy to see the progress you are making on the Evo 2 since the old days of your DSM!

Kick some *** man, and I hope on seeing you down around "Da Grove" sometime next year so we can catch up on all the little details of life!

Good luck man!

Tim Zimmer

Quick Reply: Reichen's EVO 2 breaks the 1000 awhp barrier