Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

o2 dump vs aftermarket o2, done yet?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2008, 11:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think gains can be disputed, but here in Cali it makes no sense because of our extreme Popo issues. I have known two people with these and while both loved the gains, they got rid of them due to noise. it's simply WAY too loud for us.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 12:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sspaladin28
I don't think gains can be disputed, but here in Cali it makes no sense because of our extreme Popo issues. I have known two people with these and while both loved the gains, they got rid of them due to noise. it's simply WAY too loud for us.
I'm from Cali and I still have mine. It just all depends on how u drive.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 03:48 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
Has anyone added a muffler to one? What is the diameter of the wastegate dump pipe?
Old Sep 11, 2008, 11:17 PM
Evolving Member

^ The QTP dump tube I tested for them has a fairly large dump piping that looks somewhat like a 2-stroke pipe from a dirtbike. Comparing sound output to a friends car with an external gate, the QTP is a tad bit quieter however I consider the both of them damn loud.

I have a thread on my review of their new piece that should be available to the public any day now. We did back to back comparos at The Shop and some of the differences we noticed on my car was the gain in torque as well as the ability to stabilize boost better vs the Buschur O2 housing. Boost was in the 31-32psi range.

Old Sep 11, 2008, 11:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sspaladin28
Going WOT around the POPO is not a good idea anyway.. It only screams at full throttle...
Old Sep 11, 2008, 11:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Going WOT around the POPO is not a good idea anyway.. It only screams at full throttle...
Thats why I just laugh on some here and in other evo forums when they say it's too loud for them and/or for the POPO.

Well, first off, if u guys knew already that it's gonna be loud in the first place, then DONT BUY IT. Secondly, don't drive like a maniac (especially at WOT) around places where there's gonna be cops around.

If if u still don't get what I said, maybe Mike@AwdMotorsports can explain better.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 04:51 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
Originally Posted by Wiznaz
^ The QTP dump tube I tested for them has a fairly large dump piping that looks somewhat like a 2-stroke pipe from a dirtbike. Comparing sound output to a friends car with an external gate, the QTP is a tad bit quieter however I consider the both of them damn loud.

I have a thread on my review of their new piece that should be available to the public any day now. We did back to back comparos at The Shop and some of the differences we noticed on my car was the gain in torque as well as the ability to stabilize boost better vs the Buschur O2 housing. Boost was in the 31-32psi range.

Before seeing this, I didn't realize that there were two dumps on the market (EPM and QTP).
Old Sep 12, 2008, 08:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Hand Made in the good Ole USA, by skilled craftsmen...No Chinese cheap imitation....

The EPM is the Largest Best Flowing O2 Housing on the Market....Anywhere.....

Our Turbine Tube is so much bigger than any other company's it's not even in the same league as anything else. The HP Gains do not come from the Wastegate Tube they come from the increase in the Turbine Tube. The Wastegate Tube has benefits of holding Boost Better, More Boost up top, Unrestricting Flow, etc... but the Turbine Tube is where the Power is at. Our Turbine Tube is 3 inches, and measured against a ported Megan Racing unit is almost 50% more flow Volume.

In our First Prototype which is Very Similar to the other company's O2 listed above, we LOST Power. Yes; We lost power on our First Prototype. We had designed that prototype to have a 2.5 inch Turbine Tube but it was not big enough for the flow. Dejected we were; but we went back to the drawing board and upped our Turbine Tube to 3 inches. With our Proto #2 we gained horse power(7whp), but we weren't satisfied. We felt there was more power there yet to be released. We then sourced a very Unique Radius 3 inch Stainless Steel tube. At our prototype # 4 we saw the huge gains which we knew were there all along. Gains in the 15-25+ range have been seen with our product. Moreover there are the other benefits of holding boost better, being able to make more boost, no taper, no surge. We have seen other O2 Dump Housings create that dreaded compressor surge, and spikes. Our EPM O2 Housing is designed to eliminate the bad elements of these Other O2 Housings.

The Big Bolt-On Turbos that the EPM O2 units are running on are the fastest Stock Turbo Evos on the planet. Just take a look around the EvoM forums and you will see Evo's such as "Most Wanted" (with his 10 second stock 9 turbo) running the EPM O2 Housing. On our customer's cars running the EPM O2 Housing, FP Red/Green Turbos we have seen very impressive results. Don't believe then look around the boards..here are just a few of the threads--->
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=367242

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=367415

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=368462

We have 2 different versions of our O2 Dump Housing. We have done the research and test fitting neccesary to be able to fit the 100's of combinations of different LICP's, DownPipes, Intercoolers, J Pipes, etc..

We have tested and retested our product to outperform anything out there anywhere. The EPM unit is for sale and is not a Prototype, we have at least 100 customers with the EPM O2 Housing on their Evos. So it is a Proven Product.

We choose Not to Polish our O2 Housing in an attempt to make it look better. We instead will let out TIG Welding speak for it's self.

The EPM O2 Housing is the best O2 Dump Housing on the market.....

Last edited by Q@EvoPowerMods; Sep 12, 2008 at 10:52 AM.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 09:37 AM
Former Sponsor

I have to agree with Q.. The EPM dump works.. If you just want noise you can get any dump you want.. If you want the most power, I am 100% positive the EPM makes the most.. As far as finish i would much rather have a raw finished gorgeous welded dump than a shined up piece.. Just my .02
Old Sep 12, 2008, 09:55 AM
Former Vendor

Just to add to Q's post, each EPM unit is fully pulse Tig welded. We have the best Miller Tig welder available, which is liquid cooled and offers a variety of executions in welding. Pulse welding, IMO, is a far better practice because you incorporate both the penetration needed as well as consistancy in the bead. Most reputable companies that are in this business utilize the pulse process for these types of applications. In case you are wondering, I'm the one who welds each EPM unit.

Todd B.
Owner.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
who's downpipe fits the epm 3" dump?
is the half moon gasket included with the epm?
Old Sep 12, 2008, 10:13 AM

Is there a combination for this epm dump for a red, on an 05 evo 8? I love the look and thought of this. Price for that combo shipped to buffalo ny?
Old Sep 12, 2008, 10:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jason05RS
Is there a combination for this epm dump for a red, on an 05 evo 8? I love the look and thought of this. Price for that combo shipped to buffalo ny?

We used the Dump on a FP Red Evo IX.. The car made 524hp @ 27psi on a stock motor.. I will assume a 05 with cams will make the same power no problem.. Pmme if your are interested in that setup.. Thanks!!
Old Sep 12, 2008, 10:43 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by leecavturbo
It fits any downpipe thats would fit any stock location 02 housing.. as far as the gasket i am not sure exactly which gasket you need.. lmk
Old Sep 12, 2008, 10:46 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by leecavturbo

Every Downpipe and the market fits the EPM O2 Dump Housing. We do include a solid metal gasket for the Buschur downpipe fitment. However the Re-use of the oem/factory donut gasket is reccomended. we have reused these donut gaskets with absolutly no issues to date.

For the FP Red / EPM O2 Housing give Mike at http://AWDMotorsports.com a call 954-753-6006 (between 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. EST )or email Sales@awdmotorsports.com ; I am sure he can give you a great deal on a combo price.

Quick Reply: o2 dump vs aftermarket o2, done yet?