Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

o2 dump vs aftermarket o2, done yet?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2008, 11:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
o2 dump vs aftermarket o2, done yet?

I know this has been discussed to some degree but I searched for a little and couldnt find anything on someone having an aftermarket o2 (non ebay) and then switching to an o2 dump without any other mods changing, and gaining significant power.

If this is a repost, sorry!
Old Sep 9, 2008, 04:17 AM
Former Sponsor

i have heard tha mike from awd has been having good results with the o2 dumps
Old Sep 9, 2008, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

well im sure they are fine, however for a street car if it doesnt perform THAT much better, the added noise is probably not worth it.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
The noise is TOTALLY worth it. The dump map makes bigger power for certain. Boost control is better as well as it doesn't taper as much. The Turbine side is much larger then the 3Bay units. It is simply a superior unit.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 09:37 PM
Evolving Member

ive been thinking about making the switch to the wastegate dump, but before i do it, i want proof that these things really make a difference. and no, i dont want to hear it from evopowermods. i want to hear it from a good shop or a good tuner.

im all about the noise. honestly, how can you call yourself a fanatic and not love the noise of a vta wastegate?
Old Sep 9, 2008, 09:40 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The noise is worth it times 10 IMO.. there has not been 1 single customer that came to me after an install and said " its too loud and i dont feel any gains".. try to name a mod for under 300.00 that will increase spool and gain up to 20hp??

I dont preach about these because i am making millions of $$$.. I absolutely love the gains they give every single car i put them on.. look below.. how many mods are on this car?? 385hp w/ minimal mods!!!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=368462
Old Sep 9, 2008, 09:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Davethewave
ive been thinking about making the switch to the wastegate dump, but before i do it, i want proof that these things really make a difference. and no, i dont want to hear it from evopowermods. i want to hear it from a good shop or a good tuner.

im all about the noise. honestly, how can you call yourself a fanatic and not love the noise of a vta wastegate?
need more proof?? Read below.. Our shop EVO when we had it maxed out on HP we added the EPM dump and gained 20HP exactly on stock turbo.. The next time to the track 10's on stock turbo.. Thats there is the proof in the pudding!!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=368462

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=367242
Old Sep 9, 2008, 09:55 PM

wow thats some nice gains, i would deff be intersted in picking one up
Old Sep 9, 2008, 11:51 PM
Evolving Member

i guess at this point im just wondering if changine from my buschur O2 housing to the EPM dump would be worth all the trouble. i can do the install, but then its more money to get the car tuned, and its more money to buy the part. i just dont think the gains would be that great over an already excelent flowing unit. i think i'll just wait for a 35r from ets.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 12:44 AM
Evolved Member

ebay o2 all day long
Old Sep 10, 2008, 12:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Brokenevo
ebay o2 all day long

compared to the external EPM 02 dump??? Nothing has made the power that dump has made yet.. Not to mention spool up and how it holds boost is untouchable!!
Old Sep 10, 2008, 01:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ronitlancer
well im sure they are fine, however for a street car if it doesnt perform THAT much better, the added noise is probably not worth it.
I would have not bought the EPM 02 dump if it only made minimal gains over a aftermarket 02. The added "noise" @ WOT sounds so FREAKING AWESOME too.

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
compared to the external EPM 02 dump??? Nothing has made the power that dump has made yet.. Not to mention spool up and how it holds boost is untouchable!!
I dunno what u call it, Mike, but people are either hard-headed and/or too narrowminded about things nowadays. They're either too afraid to try new things and/or they're just stuck on a certain item/brand that they swear (thinking) it's the best out there. (Like in the case of the Ebay 02 housing)
Old Sep 10, 2008, 01:31 AM
Account Disabled

the dump o2 housing is sweet I'm thinking about getting one
Old Sep 10, 2008, 01:35 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by EVO8URV8
I would have not bought the EPM 02 dump if it only made minimal gains over a aftermarket 02. The added "noise" @ WOT sounds so FREAKING AWESOME too.

I dunno what u call it, Mike, but people are either hard-headed and/or too narrowminded about things nowadays. They're either too afraid to try new things and/or they're just stuck on a certain item/brand that they swear (thinking) it's the best out there. (Like in the case of the Ebay 02 housing)
sometimes it just takes getting walked by a car with a dump before they say " sign me up".. LOL
Old Sep 10, 2008, 01:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
sometimes it just takes getting walked by a car with a dump before they say " sign me up".. LOL
That or they'll say, "I just got dumped"

Quick Reply: o2 dump vs aftermarket o2, done yet?