Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur's RS, first in the 9's on pump and nearly the 8's on race

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2008, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I have been ignoring you for quite some time scorke cause you always seem to be riding my butt about something. I'll answer your question on weight though, see where it ends up.

The car weighs right around 2950 with Kevin in it. I didn't weigh it with him in it or the stock wheels/slicks on it or with however much gas we had in it this particular day. So, 2950 is close enough. Kevin is about 170 I think.

Here are the details on every single weight savings I have done. (I'll try to not forget any)

2004 RS, the RS has no ABS and much of the sound deadening is not in the car to begin with. One other thing, when I ordered this car I did it because I wanted the RS with manual window, no power locks and NO A/C, which is how they were suppose to come to the USA. When it showed up with A/C I was pissed and almost didn't take the car. Instead I immediately took the A/C off and sourced the correct JDM parts to delete it so you could never tell it was on the car. This included the block off for the firewall, box under the dash for the duct work and the correct non A/C heater controls.

Giro disc rear rotors
Bear front rotors
BR front center member
BR diff mounts
BR mustache bar
No evap canister
No intake bracket
BR lightweight battery kit
BR 3" turbo back
No a/c
Sound deadener under the carpet was removed, the backing on the carpet.
Carbon fiber hood
Carbon fiber trunk
Front and rear bumper beams
Windshield washer bottle from inside the trunk
Power steering cooler line (car still has power steering just not that stupid line by the FMIC)
BR lightweight radiator
FMIC intercooler sprayer bottle
No oil cooler
Removed the rear parking brake assembly and REPLACED it with an all hydraulic unit

That's all I can think of. Keep in mind too that the car orignally didn't come with a radio/speakers. I have installed the double DIN DVD player and 6 upraded speakers in the car.

Also some thing I want to make sure are understood. The car has not been cut up and then hidden. All of the door beams are still in the car. The air bags are in the car, the dash has never been out, everything is still under there. All the seat belts are in, including the rear ones.

There are some changes I am going to make to the car. For one, I don't care for the carbon fiber hood, it is super light but I don't like it. I am putting the stock hood back on. Anyone want a super lightweight, white carbon fiber hood?

That's how to make a NICE light EVO. Now my secrets are out, everyone is going to run 9's on pump gas. Damn it...
Old Sep 13, 2008, 07:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Dave

You should update the photo in your avatar to reflect the 9.1.

Truly awsome work again Dave. Another reason so many want to emulate you.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
That's how to make a NICE light EVO. Now my secrets are out, everyone is going to run 9's on pump gas. Damn it...
Oh man....going out to lighten my car up right now! I have DB's secretz!!! I'll definately run 9's now!!
Old Sep 13, 2008, 09:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Amazing. Thro I don't know your in person, but that's a huge achievement. Congras!@
Old Sep 13, 2008, 10:42 AM
Former Sponsor

I have been ignoring you for quite some time scorke cause you always seem to be riding my butt about something. I'll answer your question on weight though, see where it ends up.

The car weighs right around 2950 with Kevin in it. I didn't weigh it with him in it or the stock wheels/slicks on it or with however much gas we had in it this particular day. So, 2950 is close enough. Kevin is about 170 I think.

Here are the details on every single weight savings I have done. (I'll try to not forget any)

2004 RS, the RS has no ABS and much of the sound deadening is not in the car to begin with. One other thing, when I ordered this car I did it because I wanted the RS with manual window, no power locks and NO A/C, which is how they were suppose to come to the USA. When it showed up with A/C I was pissed and almost didn't take the car. Instead I immediately took the A/C off and sourced the correct JDM parts to delete it so you could never tell it was on the car. This included the block off for the firewall, box under the dash for the duct work and the correct non A/C heater controls.

Giro disc rear rotors
Bear front rotors
BR front center member
BR diff mounts
BR mustache bar
No evap canister
No intake bracket
BR lightweight battery kit
BR 3" turbo back
No a/c
Sound deadener under the carpet was removed, the backing on the carpet.
Carbon fiber hood
Carbon fiber trunk
Front and rear bumper beams
Windshield washer bottle from inside the trunk
Power steering cooler line (car still has power steering just not that stupid line by the FMIC)
BR lightweight radiator
FMIC intercooler sprayer bottle
No oil cooler
Removed the rear parking brake assembly and REPLACED it with an all hydraulic unit

That's all I can think of. Keep in mind too that the car orignally didn't come with a radio/speakers. I have installed the double DIN DVD player and 6 upraded speakers in the car.

Also some thing I want to make sure are understood. The car has not been cut up and then hidden. All of the door beams are still in the car. The air bags are in the car, the dash has never been out, everything is still under there. All the seat belts are in, including the rear ones.

There are some changes I am going to make to the car. For one, I don't care for the carbon fiber hood, it is super light but I don't like it. I am putting the stock hood back on. Anyone want a super lightweight, white carbon fiber hood?

I WANT THE HOOD DAVE!!! PLEEEEEAASSSEEEEE!!!
Old Sep 13, 2008, 11:19 AM
Evolving Member

can we get some more info on this alleged FS 635?!?! why the switch?
Old Sep 13, 2008, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

No sweat Mike, give me a call, I'll sell it to you cheap, is your other car white? It's the Robi Spec hood, lightest you can buy as far as I know.

d'shark, you are right about the avatar, I'll have to ask Jarrod to do it for me, I don't know how
Old Sep 13, 2008, 11:22 AM
Account Disabled

Dave, I'm not your biggest fan (even critical at times) but that is fast as f4ck. I saw the car at the shootout and if its in the same trim thats more of a street car that me and many others drove out their.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Thank you dan, I appreciate that. The car is EXACTLY the same as you saw it at the shootout. I swapped turbos and tires. That's it. BTW, you signature kicks ***, I agree with that 100%.

One other thing, every once in awhile when we pull something off at the shop that gets attention, like these runs, people who don't like me pop up and say nice things, such as you did Dan. Honestly, it means a ton to me to hear it from guys who normally wouldn't say anything or say something nasty. So I really do appreciate it. Thanks.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Thats from me and AWD Mike
Old Sep 13, 2008, 01:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by vwjeff

Thats from me and AWD Mike

hahahhahah you are something man!!
Old Sep 13, 2008, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

Now my secrets are out, everyone is going to run 9's on pump gas. Damn it...

Don't we all wish
Old Sep 13, 2008, 01:55 PM
Evolving Member

Wow...Thats amazing. Congrats guys. How much power are is that 2L making?
Old Sep 13, 2008, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Hahah, thats all there is to it

Good to know, wasnt sure how far beyond what you can see was changed, it seems just with making smart decisions when it comes to components you can shed a decent amount of weight vs jumping straight to cutting stuff out.

Scorke
Old Sep 13, 2008, 03:19 PM
Account Disabled

The accomplishment continues to amaze me

I have been talking abt it with many of my customers and people who come by our place the past few days and most people are simply amazed

I personally have driven in and seen how complete, clean and functional David's RS is and how it is driven around on the street. The stark contrast to the other drag evos which attended the shootout this year is shocking. I think other than the Black Buschur Evo the 9.1 time is faster than what all the gutted, lexan windowed, plastic door tin can drag only evos ran at the shootout this year.

It is super impressive to me to see what is essentially a real street car with a responsive small frame turbo which is going faster, more consistant and more reliably than the so called drag evos.

The hard work and consistant refinement and determination of David Buschur show in the results of the RS and also in the way that Buschur Racing parts perform.

Al

Quick Reply: Buschur's RS, first in the 9's on pump and nearly the 8's on race