Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur's RS, first in the 9's on pump and nearly the 8's on race

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2008, 12:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Faster than most race cars in a state of tune that could drive to grocery store..
amazing and congrats
Old Sep 15, 2008, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanks again guys. I fell a few pages behind.

VWJEFF, that is a funny avatar! haha

Jarrod is going to build me a new one he says. Thanks guys for putting one together for me. I need to learn to do that sooner or later.

Thanks Al for the compliments. We'll go out to dinner in it when you come here.

The engine and HP are in this thread quite a few times.

2 liter, it made 635 whp on our dyno in 3rd gear.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 08:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Thanks again guys. I fell a few pages behind.

VWJEFF, that is a funny avatar! haha

Jarrod is going to build me a new one he says. Thanks guys for putting one together for me. I need to learn to do that sooner or later.

Thanks Al for the compliments. We'll go out to dinner in it when you come here.

The engine and HP are in this thread quite a few times.

2 liter, it made 635 whp on our dyno in 3rd gear.

Can you tell us how much it makes in 1st gear cause it looks like it leaves hard.. JFWY..
Old Sep 16, 2008, 06:40 AM
Evolving Member

Not to be a dick or anything but I want to see one of these cars go through the same kind of testing the some of the domestic car mags do to confirm that its a true street car. Muscle Mustangs Fast Fords takes these supposed animals and runs them and makes sure they follow the local state smog laws and has a legal smog sticker, along with going with the owner for 2 days worth of driving around town, highway, and traffic in rush hour to make sure the car is truly a daily driver without over heating or breaking down in these cases. To boot most of the states have some sort of noise limits with exhaust and all states have to follow federal laws and maintain catalyst in the exhaust along with the law that states all exhaust must pass through the catalyst and muffler system. Now from what I see here you have a full interior trim race car because I know that car has no smog in the exhaust and the exhaust is definately illegal in our state seeing we have a 93 DB limit.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CandCPerformanc
Not to be a dick or anything but I want to see one of these cars go through the same kind of testing the some of the domestic car mags do to confirm that its a true street car. Muscle Mustangs Fast Fords takes these supposed animals and runs them and makes sure they follow the local state smog laws and has a legal smog sticker, along with going with the owner for 2 days worth of driving around town, highway, and traffic in rush hour to make sure the car is truly a daily driver without over heating or breaking down in these cases. To boot most of the states have some sort of noise limits with exhaust and all states have to follow federal laws and maintain catalyst in the exhaust along with the law that states all exhaust must pass through the catalyst and muffler system. Now from what I see here you have a full interior trim race car because I know that car has no smog in the exhaust and the exhaust is definately illegal in our state seeing we have a 93 DB limit.

I dont really think anyone here or in most places cares if it passes a smog test. Being able to sit in traffic and drive around on the street normally... of course. That, along with a full interior warrants it to be a street car.

My friends 06 IX MR has only 2 mods. Full exhaust and a tune. He has no cat. That doesnt make it a non legit street car. Ive never run a cat on any of my cars and I think its safe to say it was a street car. Inspection time, throw cat on!
Old Sep 16, 2008, 07:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Well guess what,, its not a mustang or fast ford with nearly 3x the cubes either.. if you want to talk from a state legal standpoint then lets talk Cali where if you modify you cars air freshener it wont pass inspection.. This car by our industry standard is the fastest most streetable car in the US that anyone has ever seen. The car doesnt overheat during normal driving, It can be driven to and from the track, its driven to and from his house to the shop on a weekly basis also.. As community i am sure 99.9% agree its a street car..
Old Sep 16, 2008, 07:21 AM
Evolving Member

What does it matter? He has a tag, he has insurance, he drives it to and from work, and he me might be in a county where emissions are not required.

I don't understand why you would ask to compare it to a domestic. That is stupid and out of left field.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 07:23 AM
Evolving Member

Oh, and congrats Dave. That SOB is moving!
Old Sep 16, 2008, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

There is a DB in every thread. Like Mike said this is the most 100% street Evo you will find.

Last edited by vwjeff; Sep 16, 2008 at 07:34 AM.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 07:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by vwjeff
this the most 100% street Evo you will find.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 08:02 AM
Evolving Member

I am not trying to compare it to a ford or mustang, I am stating how some publications perform their test to prove its a true street car. I have a few friends that live near David and all of them have the same thing to say about the area . You could drive a 1000hp car there with a honda radiator and never over heat due to traffic because there is vurtually none. and I don't care who you are or what county you are in the federal law states if the auto came with a cat system then it must be in tact to drive on any state highway. I do understand that most people do not follow that rule but I am no longer impressed with all the supposed street cars that run these outstanding #'s and call them street cars. I just want to see a legit legal true street legal car do those times.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 08:05 AM
Former Sponsor

I am not trying to compare it to a ford or mustang, I am stating how some publications perform their test to prove its a true street car. I have a few friends that live near David and all of them have the same thing to say about the area . You could drive a 1000hp car there with a honda radiator and never over heat due to traffic because there is vurtually none. and I don't care who you are or what county you are in the federal law states if the auto came with a cat system then it must be in tact to drive on any state highway. I do understand that most people do not follow that rule but I am no longer impressed with all the supposed street cars that run these outstanding #'s and call them street cars. I just want to see a legit legal true street legal car do those times.
LOL Wow!

If you do not think this is a "legit legal true street car" then build one then you can do your tests and see it first hand.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

^^Then go buy a Prius and leave it stock. That's the ultimate street car according to your statement.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 08:08 AM
Former Sponsor

P.S. - Thanks for pooping in the thread CandC.

"Hate... its the greatest form of flattery!"
Old Sep 16, 2008, 08:12 AM
Evolving Member

I just want to see a legit legal true street legal car do those times.
You just want to see a Bugatti Veyron !!!

Quick Reply: Buschur's RS, first in the 9's on pump and nearly the 8's on race