Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur's RS, first in the 9's on pump and nearly the 8's on race

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2008, 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
there is no Hate, I love all forms of performance cars and I am impressed at the times the car runs but as I stated it is a race car with an interior and no cage that should be there seeing at that trap speed and et the car should have been thrown off the track.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

By the way that car would never fly here, he would be pulled over at every street corner just like Blake was with his Black IX
Old Sep 16, 2008, 08:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CandCPerformanc
there is no Hate, I love all forms of performance cars and I am impressed at the times the car runs but as I stated it is a race car with an interior and no cage that should be there seeing at that trap speed and et the car should have been thrown off the track.
I guess it would make much more sense to get in a traffic accident and bounce your head off a piece of tubing with no helmet on right? Or have one of your kids eat the bar behind the front seats? Hmmm....

Here's an idea....

Worry about your own safety and we'll worry about ours. Cool?

By the way that car would never fly here, he would be pulled over at every street corner just like Blake was with his Black IX
Its a good thing we arent there then.....
Old Sep 16, 2008, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

I didn't know Massachusetts was a Communist State....
Old Sep 16, 2008, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Great job David
Old Sep 16, 2008, 08:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Reminds me not to move to MASS for another reason... The 1st reason i will keep to myself..
Old Sep 16, 2008, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The testing for the Ford's is a 30 miles street drive the last time I checked and depending on the area they are in the time it takes to conduct that drive varies. They do the Fun Ford weekend here every year. That is all they are subject to. You are incorrect, 100% about them checking for smog testing or cats on the cars. The statement is border line dumb actually. They check for the basics of the class rules, tire size, turbo size, fuel type etc.

You can think what you like about what my car is or isn't, there are always other opinions. There were also quite a few guys like you at the shootout this year. Then they saw Kevin and myself pull into the track in the morning with it, race it all day, drive it out to dinner that night and then back home when we were done. You can find some posts here on EVOm from the guys that were shocked to see what they also thought was a race car, actually was driven like I said it was.

The car will NOT overheat, actually it runs so cool it is a problem. 90 degree heat cruising at 60 mph the coolant temps will stay around 145 degrees. Stopped and idling indefinetely will let them get to maybe 185 degrees. It's called superior engineering.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 08:48 AM
Evolving Member

I will give a rough idea about this state, the law states as written ( it is unlawful to modify or alter any exhaust to exceed to OE db limit and now they are trying to pass a law nothing but factory oe exhaust
Old Sep 16, 2008, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

In Florida he could drive that car all around here and it wouldn't be a problem.... I've heard louder cars then his and they still survive not being pulled over. Mass, is defiantly not for me!

I will give a rough idea about this state, the law states as written ( it is unlawful to modify or alter any exhaust to exceed to OE db limit and now they are trying to pass a law nothing but factory oe exhaust
Sounds familiar to what we have here, but once again, it is up to the police to enforce that law.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

CandCperformanc, why TRY to bring down such an incredible thread filled with what has to be the most incredible feats accomplished by a TRUE STREET car. Rather than knocking on it with your ridiculous opinions, which NONE of us here agree with, congratulate the Buschur camp. Keep your negativity to yourself and to the rest of the unfortunate community surrounding you in Cape Cod, MA.

Last edited by Nissan2Evo; Sep 16, 2008 at 09:13 AM.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 06:12 PM
Evolving Member

David.

This is getting silly. I think you need to set your goals highers.
Go ahead and get your 8 sec run on race gas and get that out of your system. Then bring out the black car.
First chase down Shep's 7 second run, then go after all the tube frame 2 speed powerglide cars too.

seriously, though, congrats!!

utterly amazing!
Old Sep 17, 2008, 06:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 4G63DSM
David.

This is getting silly. I think you need to set your goals highers.
Go ahead and get your 8 sec run on race gas and get that out of your system. Then bring out the black car.
First chase down Shep's 7 second run, then go after all the tube frame 2 speed powerglide cars too.

seriously, though, congrats!!

utterly amazing!
Reaching Shep's goal of 7's would be a chore for ANYONE to do. We're a LONG way from that. Its not easy to drop an entire second. He put in ALOT of time and work to get where he is at.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 07:14 AM
Evolving Member

Wow incredible job! Its nice to see a company that makes car performance parts actually making things happen with those parts! Makes me glad that almost every part i have bought for my car is Buschur! Next step motor...
Old Sep 17, 2008, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

99% of the people I know or have met don't have a cat, and that includes domestic and import... and they all drive to work everyday, home, school and wherever else they need to go. Sure its not legal, but I think that is rediculous to say that just because dave's car doesn't have a cat, it isn't a legit street car.

And as far as the cage goes, if he can get away with it, why not?
Old Sep 17, 2008, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Any input from me will just take it all off course but I am going to do it anyway.

As you know the cage controvery has been brought up from my actions a few years ago at a NOPI race I was disqualified from. (In the end I got the last laugh on NOPI though, I am in business still and racing they are not, haha)

Anyway, because this is my street car and I do drive it with passengers, including my children in the back seat and my wife in the front, I feel putting a cage in the car is much more dangerous than not having one. IF I were in even a minor accident on the street the contact of any of our heads to the rollcage could cerainly result in a quick death. The car spends more time on the street than the race track.

I know the rules, believe me, I know the rules. I have also crashed a tube chassis car into the wall, head on at about 150 mph. I also know that in that particular crash the roll cage did nothing for me (luckily I did not roll or hit the side) I hit the front twice and the back once spinning. The car crushed in, the main portion of the car, the center, was undamaged. The car crushed in like a factory car is meant to do.

The bottom line is my choice is to not put a cage in it, I am not risking myself or my passengers safety on the street to make it safe for it's limited time on the track.

I am also 100% confident that the car is safe on the track. The car has both working air bags in it, all the metal is in this car including the crash beams in the doors.

I have spoken to Trent and Kevin about the car. I've made it perfectly clear to them if they are not comfortable in the car at these speeds with no cage then let me know and I will stop racing it. Funny thing is, both these guys ride fast motorcycles and have both been to 200 mph on them................that brings me to my next matter.

How is it you guys or NHRA can ride my *** about not having a cage in a car that is complete with seat belts, air bags, door beams, the driver is wearing a helmet, jeans, shoes and a fire jacket and yet they allow any motorcycle to race. I am not stupid enough to think my car is less safe than a motorcycle..... are any of the rest of you that stupid? I hope not.

Quick Reply: Buschur's RS, first in the 9's on pump and nearly the 8's on race