Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur's RS, first in the 9's on pump and nearly the 8's on race

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2008, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Any input from me will just take it all off course but I am going to do it anyway.

As you know the cage controvery has been brought up from my actions a few years ago at a NOPI race I was disqualified from. (In the end I got the last laugh on NOPI though, I am in business still and racing they are not, haha)

Anyway, because this is my street car and I do drive it with passengers, including my children in the back seat and my wife in the front, I feel putting a cage in the car is much more dangerous than not having one. IF I were in even a minor accident on the street the contact of any of our heads to the rollcage could cerainly result in a quick death. The car spends more time on the street than the race track.

I know the rules, believe me, I know the rules. I have also crashed a tube chassis car into the wall, head on at about 150 mph. I also know that in that particular crash the roll cage did nothing for me (luckily I did not roll or hit the side) I hit the front twice and the back once spinning. The car crushed in, the main portion of the car, the center, was undamaged. The car crushed in like a factory car is meant to do.

The bottom line is my choice is to not put a cage in it, I am not risking myself or my passengers safety on the street to make it safe for it's limited time on the track.

I am also 100% confident that the car is safe on the track. The car has both working air bags in it, all the metal is in this car including the crash beams in the doors.

I have spoken to Trent and Kevin about the car. I've made it perfectly clear to them if they are not comfortable in the car at these speeds with no cage then let me know and I will stop racing it. Funny thing is, both these guys ride fast motorcycles and have both been to 200 mph on them................that brings me to my next matter.

How is it you guys or NHRA can ride my *** about not having a cage in a car that is complete with seat belts, air bags, door beams, the driver is wearing a helmet, jeans, shoes and a fire jacket and yet they allow any motorcycle to race. I am not stupid enough to think my car is less safe than a motorcycle..... are any of the rest of you that stupid? I hope not.
I'd also like to know why the NHRA requires cars that go 11.50 and quicker from the factory to have a cage as well.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

How is it you guys or NHRA can ride my *** about not having a cage in a car that is complete with seat belts, air bags, door beams, the driver is wearing a helmet, jeans, shoes and a fire jacket and yet they allow any motorcycle to race. I am not stupid enough to think my car is less safe than a motorcycle..... are any of the rest of you that stupid? I hope not.
I so agree with this. It has also been my observation AWD cars are far more stable than 2wd cars. They should not have to follow the same rules as 2wd.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
David's car is a street car....period. There should be no reason to say it is not. There always has to be one stupid f'r that doesn't have anything positive to say. If you don't agree with something take it to PM's and don't argue with everyone when you know you are not correct.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

That is so true...I never really thought of it that way. I quess it comes down to the money that the NHRA generates to have the motorcycle class in national events. GREAT POINT. DB, please dont be too concerned with the haters and trying to make them happy...its not worth it. You are by far the best at what you do,... bar none.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 08:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CandCPerformanc
I just hate it when any shop or shop rep makes derogatory comments to another person about their car or product just because they don't feal that it is correct in their eyes
LOL.... From one of his other post... yet he comes in here and does exactly what he hates..

Jack ***..
Old Sep 17, 2008, 09:53 PM
Account Disabled

Not to be a dick or anything but I want to see one of these cars go through the same kind of testing the some of the domestic car mags do to confirm that its a true street car. Muscle Mustangs Fast Fords takes these supposed animals and runs them and makes sure they follow the local state smog laws and has a legal smog sticker, along with going with the owner for 2 days worth of driving around town, highway, and traffic in rush hour to make sure the car is truly a daily driver without over heating or breaking down in these cases. To boot most of the states have some sort of noise limits with exhaust and all states have to follow federal laws and maintain catalyst in the exhaust along with the law that states all exhaust must pass through the catalyst and muffler system. Now from what I see here you have a full interior trim race car because I know that car has no smog in the exhaust and the exhaust is definately illegal in our state seeing we have a 93 DB limit.
"not to be a dick" - oh the irorny - Please give this tool a mirror

I rode in and drove the Bad Bish personally and also saw it drive to the track and out to the post race dinner in down town Norwalk at the Pizza hut and back to Buschur's house some 20 miles or so away

Its a street car - dont need a certificate to prove it - I saw it with my own eyes

Last edited by DynoFlash; Sep 17, 2008 at 09:58 PM.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 09:55 PM
Account Disabled

there is no Hate, I love all forms of performance cars and I am impressed at the times the car runs but as I stated it is a race car with an interior and no cage that should be there seeing at that trap speed and et the car should have been thrown off the track.
I agree he should be thrown off the track and you should be thrown off this thread and off the forum

I need my gel
Old Sep 17, 2008, 10:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DynoFlash
"not to be a dick" - oh the irorny - Please give this tool a mirror

I rode in and drove the Bad Bish personally and also saw it drive to the track and out to the post race dinner in down town Norwalk at the Pizza hut and back to Buschur's house some 20 miles or so away

Its a street car - dont need a certificate to prove it - I saw it with my own eyes

Hey Al, why dont you tell him how you really feel..

JFWY.. LOL
Old Sep 17, 2008, 10:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Reminds me not to move to MASS for another reason... The 1st reason i will keep to myself..
Uggly girls, Adam and Steve might be your neighbors? LOL, JK
Old Sep 18, 2008, 05:15 AM
Evolving Member

I know I dont have that car with those mods but I do have the same Bushur HTA35R cant wait to see what I can get my MR to do, Congrats and cant wait to see the 8'ss your there.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 05:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DIDYSIS
I know I dont have that car with those mods but I do have the same Bushur HTA35R cant wait to see what I can get my MR to do, Congrats and cant wait to see the 8'ss your there.

if you would of read the thread it wasnt a hta35r. it was a new turbo. fs635
Old Sep 18, 2008, 06:06 AM
Evolving Member

So true. I have always wondered the same thing.

That quote is sig material for sure
Old Sep 18, 2008, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Glad you guys liked my response. The more I thought about it the more I liked it too. It just really doesn't make any sense, does it?
Old Sep 18, 2008, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by filter
if you would of read the thread it wasnt a hta35r. it was a new turbo. fs635
For old times sake, I would like to see D. Buschur put the HTA back on his rs with the new suspension tweaks and same tire rim combo as he did with fs635. If I had money to bet I think he would go just as fast or damn near to close to it to worry about it!

There was more done to that car than just a turbo change to get it down the track which makes it an unfair comparison. From the same thread you speak of Buschur stated

Running 41 peak made the HTA35r come on a lot stronger and today the differences in the low/mid range were as much as 40 whp and 40 ft lbs of torque. The HTA was stronger from 3500 rpm to 6200 rpm. The largest differences were from 4300 rpm to about 5200, in that window the HTA35r made up to the 40/40 numbers I just mentioned. Over 6200 rpm though...........this new turbo gained 41 whp and about the same amount of torque up at 8500 rpm.
So the way I see it is that they are evenly matched, the question is where you want the power being that its a trade off. Also for me being that I will rarely ever be at the track I think the HTA35R power band is way funner to have in a daily driver especially with a stroker limited to shifts at 8k. If I was a track buff and thats mostly all I did with the car then the fs635 would be the turbo for me.

Last edited by Migsubishi; Sep 18, 2008 at 07:03 AM.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Glad you guys liked my response. The more I thought about it the more I liked it too. It just really doesn't make any sense, does it?
No sir it doesn't, oh and please add prices in my pm please

Quick Reply: Buschur's RS, first in the 9's on pump and nearly the 8's on race