Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur's RS, first in the 9's on pump and nearly the 8's on race

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2008, 07:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
someone needs to start an exchange program!! This is getting worse then computers! stop makeing stuff!!!
Old Oct 9, 2008, 07:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by StreetThisEvo
I've watched it about 50,000 times so that isn't that impressive

jk that is amazing.

We need to do another private track rental.
lol

Its at 110,000+ now. You must have been bored the last few days.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 08:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
A very brief, not too revealing update.

I have some new "things" on the car. Before going to the track the car was at 635 whp and after the tuning, boost increase etc., when we came back from running the 9.1 the car made 655 whp.

With the new changes the car is now sitting at 684 whp. Peak boost still at 41 psi.

I have some parts being red labeled to me tomorrow, this next change will hopefully be what I think is the missing link in a series of changes that I made recently.

There's a chance we are going to run the car Friday night, if not Monday the 13th for sure.

We are pretty busy with Tom's (9sec9's) RS right now.

The goal is to put the car into the 8's and that is going to be a very very hard thing to do. IF we can atleast better our previous times and MPH there will be a full release of our changes, what will soon be available and I am sure another kick *** Lumber Jack production video!!

Damn!!!! 8's with a DD. That is going to be crazy. Good luck on your attempt, hope everything comes out fine
Old Oct 9, 2008, 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The parts I needed didn't show up today. Tomorrow is going to be a rough one. I am going to go over the alignment on the car first, Trent noticed the right front tire looks like it has a bunch of toe in it for some reason. By the time I get that done I am hoping the big brown truck drops off my new part, install it, get back on the dyno.

I have a new trailer (THANK YOU MEMO) and I have to make sure the car will go on it. We are taking the black car and my car on Monday and I have to make sure my car will go on the open trailer. The plan is to take the car out on the trailer with the slicks. If the day goes well and we run what we want to run it will, of course, be followed up with a video. We have been accused of having gutted doors, non functional windows and all kinds of crap at this point. I will be video taping those things if we run what I want to run. Then I want to swap tires to the street tires and I am going to video tape how well it runs on the street and drive it home.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Running 9.1 in this car is better than I ever dreamed but I don't like to sit still. I hope we can drop it into the 8's but it certainly won't be easy.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 07:50 PM
Evolving Member

Good luck David! Hope everything goes to plan.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Good Luck as always! I will probably see you guys tomorrow and deffinately monday!
Old Oct 9, 2008, 08:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
The parts I needed didn't show up today. Tomorrow is going to be a rough one. I am going to go over the alignment on the car first, Trent noticed the right front tire looks like it has a bunch of toe in it for some reason. By the time I get that done I am hoping the big brown truck drops off my new part, install it, get back on the dyno.

I have a new trailer (THANK YOU MEMO) and I have to make sure the car will go on it. We are taking the black car and my car on Monday and I have to make sure my car will go on the open trailer. The plan is to take the car out on the trailer with the slicks. If the day goes well and we run what we want to run it will, of course, be followed up with a video. We have been accused of having gutted doors, non functional windows and all kinds of crap at this point. I will be video taping those things if we run what I want to run. Then I want to swap tires to the street tires and I am going to video tape how well it runs on the street and drive it home.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Running 9.1 in this car is better than I ever dreamed but I don't like to sit still. I hope we can drop it into the 8's but it certainly won't be easy.

You didnt run 9.19.. you ran 9.11.. You will find 1/10th i am positive to drop you into the 8's.. Good luck!!
Old Oct 9, 2008, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I don't know if you agree dave, but I think you live the life
Old Oct 9, 2008, 08:29 PM
Account Disabled

cant wait to see what happens tomorrow....lets see it drop into the 8s and 9sec9 go 9.4's.....good luck to both of you
Old Oct 9, 2008, 11:32 PM
Evolved Member

dam you guys do the work of the gods with these cars..... then somehow surpass the previous records you already had set lol. kudos
Old Oct 10, 2008, 05:00 AM
Evolved Member

damn, getting into the 8's on a real street driven EVO... where the hell do you plan to go from there? How can you top that?
Old Oct 10, 2008, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

Good luck Dave and crew!
Old Oct 10, 2008, 12:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Click+Bang+Bullet+Ducks=Feathers, Just a few left to go. Good Luck
Old Oct 10, 2008, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Get those 8s guys!