Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur's RS, first in the 9's on pump and nearly the 8's on race

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2008, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Al, Mike, Jeff, Indy, Slorice, fimotorsports thank you, thank all of you actually for all the compliments and kind words.

I wish you all could get a little shot of what I am feeling today. It was a fkcuing fantastic freaking day. It's funny, we went back to the shop, Kevin, Brian and myself. I dropped the trailer off and came into the shop to give the video to Jarrod to start editing. Then I made the post. The three of us then went out to eat. As I was leaving cars were going past the shop heading out to Norwalk for the evening racing. I was thinking to myself, "Damn, temps are going to drop way down tonight, they'll prep the track again, I should go get the car!" haha When we got to dinner I told Kevin and Brian about it and we were laughing because a few short years ago you couldn't go 11 passes with these times and want to or be able to go right back for more. It is just amazing.

We have to get the black car back out. When and where and some other hard decisions have to be worked out. I'd like to leave it at that.

Mellon, I still don't know if this turbo is what you are looking for, closer for sure but I'm still not sure. I have a few ideas though. Just shoot me a PM.

At dinner we were talking about the car. I know I can make quite a bit more top end power without changing the turbo on the car. With just a few more MPH the car could run 8's. Jeez, I remember just wanting it to run 10's on the green just a few years ago. I have refused to ruin this car. I will not cut it, drill it or gut it. I hate to say it but I truly LOVE the car. I am **** about it actually. As we were talking about it, my mind kept wandering to "Man, if I just did XXXX it would drop into the 8's." I had to keep reminding myself I do NOT want a freaking drag car. I know it will never see a road course or a braking competition. I know I will probably never autocross it or drive it to California. I know these things. This year I haven't even really driven it much. To and from the shootouts and of course I have to go to dinner after the shootouts. Back and forth to work a few times. I've taken friends for rides in it. I take it out just to drive it once in awhile, maybe 10 miles at a time and then wipe it off and put it back in my garage. Mostly it spends its life now on the dyno and under a cover in my garage. Chosing not to drive it because I like to keep it clean and nice doesn't make it not streetable. If I start cutting on it, putting small brakes on it, taking off sway bars, gutting the interior, removing the radio and speakers and air bags, to me that makes it not a street car. It may just be my opinion.

At the spring race we tore up the head on the car, it pressurized the cooling system and the heater hose blew off spewing hot antifreeze into the car. It did this because I mistakenly cut the heater hose ends off right after buying the car. Stupid *** me thought it was the a/c and I was trying to remove it. So right now my car has no working heater in it. The heater core is in it and still has water in it but I was scared to hook the hoses up how they were before. Changing the heater core is about a 10 hour job. I will tackle that over the winter as I'd like to replace it, I have a new one waiting, so I can have heat in the car again. I don't need it as I don't drive it in the winter but not having it takes away from it being a real street car in my mind. Not sure why.

I'm babbling.

Back to the subject. Making more top end power with this car is easy. I've tested a lot of parts that make more top end but they have sacrificed the low/mid range and that is something I have tried to keep strong in this car. Obviously my choices worked. Fact is there are a bunch of other parts that if I put them on I can gain power over 6500-7000 rpm that would pick the car way up. My problem is I know if I do this and the car runs 8's I am not going backwards and taking them back off. I will end up building a laggy, drag only POS and I do not want that.

The bottom line is my quest for 8's with this car didn't exist before today. I have to think long and hard about wanting to go down that path with the car. It will be a path of no return. I hope if I attempt to do it I will keep my thought process on the same track it has been so far. A bad *** street car that is actually fun to drive and that folks takes something with some response and low end.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 06:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats.. Bad Bish is something else.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

autox'ing the Shelby, haha, I don't even know if it has enough power to do THAT. hahaha

Indy, I need a few things from you. One is a flat piece of carbon fiber and the other is that spring we spoke about on the phone. Hook a brotha up would ya?

Let Wilson know his intake kicked some butt today.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

I forgot one thing. Why don't I drive the car myself. Quite simply, because I suck when it comes to driving a manual shift car. I just cannot power shift the car cleanly and I am not consistent in it. It isn't from being too old or fat, I've never been that good at it. Around a road course I do pretty damn good or even autocross, it's not like I am handicapped, I just cannot pull of consistent runs or power shift. If I power shift a car 4 times through 4 gears, I will miss a gear atleast twice.

Everyone THINKS they are great drivers. I can tell you for sure, most people suck at it. They all think differently but I can assure you, most guys are not getting nearly out of their cars what they could with a real driver behind the wheel.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 06:58 PM

Talking

I just want to say thanks again to David for letting me drive this kick A** car! The car performs flawlessly pass after pass. It's simply amazing how much abuse the engine and drivetrain can withstand in a true street car running low 9's. I guess the tuner may have a little to do with the engine holding up . Obviously, all the success stems from all the hard work from everyone at the Buschur Racing shop! Thanks guys!

Also, Thanks to everyone for the props! It was a total blast today! It was by far, the most fun I've had in a long time!

I also have to thank Trent for coming out and helping with the suspension... It definitely helped.

Take care,
Kevin
Old Sep 10, 2008, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

David

I am very interested in your new turbo combo. We have had a few conversations about turbo's and this is sounding like you are clearly on to something good.

Old Sep 10, 2008, 07:00 PM
Evolving Member

Congrats. It is truly amazing watching the progression of this scene. I had talked to Tom about how it use to be bolt on's etc... in the DSM world and see what you could get without really breaking. Now, there are so many people in the 4G63 world and the R&D is simply astounding. There are so many people that are putting in a lot of thought about what parts are built for these cars and how they should be put together, as opposed to what is available and what can we make fit.

Again, congrats on getting that deep into the 9's and keeping the focus on having a car you can truly enjoy as opposed to something that sits in your garage and pisses you off because it just isn't what you want.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Holy **** Dave, that is all I can say man.

Congrats to you and your crew man that is really an accomplishment.

Mitch M
Old Sep 10, 2008, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

wow!! thats crazy! could you imagine how fast the car would be if it WAS a gutted race car!
Old Sep 10, 2008, 07:13 PM
Evolving Member

150 trap on pump doesn't seem impossible. Thats crazy.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

Seriously, who would have thought 3-4 years aga when the fastest guys were running high 10's and low 11's that a street car such as Dave's RS would be capable of running a 9 second quarter mile on good ole' Sunoco 94 octane.

Truly an amazing feat and I think that 8's might be obtained before the tracks in OH close down for the year!!!
Old Sep 10, 2008, 07:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Your carbon doormat is getting done this week. I will send it with the 10 air filter shields. I just got done welding for the night and getting Bosco some ice cream. I emailed Keith and the boys when it happened and they are all happy for you, Kevin and the crew. Now do you want the Tom Powell version to go after the 8's? there are six in the works all you have to do is not be a ***** and say yes, and I'll have them cut you a TP v2.4.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

One of the things that would put the car into the 8's I think would be to just rob the black car of the small brakes/tires/wheels for one day. The weight savings would be drastic over the stock EVO wheels/brakes we ran today. With that much extra rubber on the ground I'd guess my car would drop into the 1.3x sixty foot times too. It goes back to that point of no return though. If I take off the factory brakes and the car goes 8's, it would be very hard to switch back. You end up just justifying "It's OK" until you end up with a cut apart tin can. Damn I don't want to do that.

I don't know if it's got an 8 in it this year or not. I don't even know if I'll try again.......I just got some new 18"wheels for it and I'm waiting on my new tires to come in. Part of the reason I haven't driven it much, and I forgot about this when I was typing my novel above was I sold my street tires/wheels to Slorice and driving it on the Hoosiers/CCW's just wasn't much fun as you can't take any corners very fast and the CCW's would hit once in awhile on a hard bump in the road. I can't wait to get the new tires/wheels on.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Insanity. Props to BR
Old Sep 10, 2008, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Indy, some people need TP for their bung hole, it sounds like I need TP for my intake! hahaha PM me some details buddy.

Quick Reply: Buschur's RS, first in the 9's on pump and nearly the 8's on race