Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur's RS, first in the 9's on pump and nearly the 8's on race

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2008, 07:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just wait for Oct or Nov for the temps to fall and your in there.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
I forgot one thing. Why don't I drive the car myself. Quite simply, because I suck when it comes to driving a manual shift car. I just cannot power shift the car cleanly and I am not consistent in it. It isn't from being too old or fat, I've never been that good at it. Around a road course I do pretty damn good or even autocross, it's not like I am handicapped, I just cannot pull of consistent runs or power shift. If I power shift a car 4 times through 4 gears, I will miss a gear atleast twice.

Everyone THINKS they are great drivers. I can tell you for sure, most people suck at it. They all think differently but I can assure you, most guys are not getting nearly out of their cars what they could with a real driver behind the wheel.
I still say we should have run today... just for old times' sake!

Congrats to all of you on an incredible job. I can't believe how fast that car is... every time I see it run, I'm just amazed. Excellent car, excellent tuning, excellent driving (Kevin and Trent)... you've all done such an amazing job. My compliments and congratulations to all involved.

I'm sure that car will run 8's... don't worry about taking it down another path... it will do it. I watched that car break loose today on the gear changes... a little more bite and you would have had it in my honest opinion.

Again, congrats... that monster is the real deal!
Old Sep 10, 2008, 07:29 PM
Former Sponsor

9's on and OEM casting how cool is that, now I really don't want to do the billet runner there's no point. I have something that will work on the back half, so lets just get it over with.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

David and crew - I hate to say it again, buy you guys never cease to amaze me!! I remember back when I was first up there with my car, we were talking about this summer and how fun it would be and it has been great! I also remember the conversation of your car running 8's and you thought it would be impossible. Well you kept plugging away and now you are just like us....right on the cusp of it happening (only we're a second slower ) Keep working at it and you will get it, you HAVE to!

Part of the reason I haven't driven it much, and I forgot about this when I was typing my novel above was I sold my street tires/wheels to Slorice and driving it on the Hoosiers/CCW's just wasn't much fun as you can't take any corners very fast and the CCW's would hit once in awhile on a hard bump in the road. I can't wait to get the new tires/wheels on.
Sorry about that! But they do look o-so-good!!
Old Sep 10, 2008, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

I am completely speechless! All I can say is WOW and great job Dave. That is a huge accomplishment and your making us 42r powered, lexan trailered turds look weak!! Keep up the great work Dave
Old Sep 10, 2008, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats guys! I think you should take it out in October on a nice cool night and hope for traction and 8's are there. Simply amazing for sure.

Keep up the great work and I wish I would have come to Norwalk today haha.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

Other details.

BR Stage 3 shortblock, aluminum rods. Standard bore, 2 liter
BR Stage 3 head
BF 272 cams
BR turbo kit with our new FS635 turbo.
BR 3" turbo back with one bullet muffler.
BR Coil on Plug ignition
BR Race FMIC
AEM EMS
BR double pumper
1200 cc injectors
Stock fuel pressure regulator
Stock fuel lines, feed and return
Stock axles
Stock transfer case
Stock rear end, original
Bushwacker Stage 1 trans, 2nd year on it
Tilton clutch
BR lightweight center member
BR lightweight diff mounts
BR mustache bar
Apexi N1 suspension
Robi Spec rear sway bar
Bear front stock sized rotors
Giro stock sized rear rotors
Factory Brembo brakes w/Hawk pads
Pioneer double DIN DVD/CD/FM blah blah
6 upgraded speakers
Full carpet, door panels, head liner, factory seats and all seat belts, back seat and package tray all installed.
NOTHING has ever been cut out of the car.
Factory air bags are inplace and functional.
Robi spec carbon fiber hood and trunk lid.
JDM EVO8 rear bumper cover
BR rear diffuser
BR front fascia carbon fiber block off plates

I think that covers what is on the car and some extra details I don't usually list.

Also, today I trailered the car out to the track and back home. I did this because I was too lazy to change the tires at the track. Actually, I just didn't want to get dirty. haha Just few weeks ago it was driven to and from the shootout, out to dinner afterwards etc. The street ability is A+++.

I hope that covers many things and puts some other things out in the open where they should be.

Dave you forgot the kick*** dual stage boost controller in your parts list; unless you have something new in the works .

BTW, I picked one of the few you had left with the Parker solenoid about two weeks backl but haven't had time to install it.

Hopefully I'll be able to utilize it to it's potential once I can save enough for a nice build.

It's damn well built.

Congrats to you BR.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 07:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by evil_eagle
I am completely speechless! All I can say is WOW and great job Dave. That is a huge accomplishment and your making us 42r powered, lexan trailered turds look weak!! Keep up the great work Dave

you said it best..
Old Sep 10, 2008, 07:40 PM
Former Sponsor

I forgot about the springs I will call them tomorrow. You still have my set that came from Tim. Have Jarrod send me those, and I'll get some new ones on the way. I'll give you a call in the A.M. I've had enough fun for today. zzzzzzzzzzz
Old Sep 10, 2008, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanks again guys, you guys are really putting a huge smile on my face with all the good words.

Tym, we weren't the only ones flying today. I think today you didn't just put the Porsche world on their heads, you picked them up and dropped them from 10'. That 9.7 at 147 mph was no ****ing joke!! Totally bad *** and it completely caught me off gaurd. Seems as though you can STILL drive! Very nice job to you and your guys. I forsee great wealth in your future working on those cars and building a bunch of Sledgehammers.

Indy, we talked about that too, haha. Right around the end of October the air gets so good here that I figure that alone will drop the car into the 8's.

Slorice, it has been one hell of a summer. I have to thank you guys for a great year. I haven't had this much fun in many-many years. It's a hobby again!

evileagle, thanks but I am not making you look bad, running 165 mph is a whole bunch faster than my car! It was nice knocking some 42r race cars down the EVO list today though
Old Sep 10, 2008, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Indy, you want one of the complete front/rear sets I have or just the rears?

I did forget to list the BR dual stage boost controller, it is and will remain on the car. The best manual boost controller I think there is.

I also forgot to list the DEVO driveshaft.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 07:47 PM
Evolving Member

One of the things that would put the car into the 8's I think would be to just rob the black car of the small brakes/tires/wheels for one day. The weight savings would be drastic over the stock EVO wheels/brakes we ran today. With that much extra rubber on the ground I'd guess my car would drop into the 1.3x sixty foot times too. It goes back to that point of no return though. If I take off the factory brakes and the car goes 8's, it would be very hard to switch back. You end up just justifying "It's OK" until you end up with a cut apart tin can. Damn I don't want to do that.

I don't know if it's got an 8 in it this year or not. I don't even know if I'll try again.......I just got some new 18"wheels for it and I'm waiting on my new tires to come in. Part of the reason I haven't driven it much, and I forgot about this when I was typing my novel above was I sold my street tires/wheels to Slorice and driving it on the Hoosiers/CCW's just wasn't much fun as you can't take any corners very fast and the CCW's would hit once in awhile on a hard bump in the road. I can't wait to get the new tires/wheels on.
Congrats David!! You're the man when it come to making power in the Evo. I am very sure you don't have to go to the extreme of cutting up your car to get in the 8's. Please keep it the way it is and work your tuning magic to get your 8's pass.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 07:55 PM
Former Sponsor

I'll talk to you in the morning the Argon is giving me a headache. Before and After It's like Groundhog Day here.
Attached Thumbnails Buschur's RS, first in the 9's on pump and nearly the 8's on race-20-002.jpg   Buschur's RS, first in the 9's on pump and nearly the 8's on race-20-014.jpg   Buschur's RS, first in the 9's on pump and nearly the 8's on race-20-013.jpg  
Old Sep 10, 2008, 07:56 PM
Evolving Member

Pump gas..wowwww. Congratulations!!!
Old Sep 10, 2008, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

From the CFT Crew in Florida we say many Congrats on your recently new goal is simply amazing "Bad Bish Bushur Power FTMFW World Fastest and Quickest Street Legal Daily Driven Evo" Period. Kevin Good work behind the wheel and David 8's around the corner.Keep the good work congrats again

Oscar

Quick Reply: Buschur's RS, first in the 9's on pump and nearly the 8's on race