Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

clutch issues...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2008, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question clutch issues...

have a friend who im trying to help out... ive done a few clutch swaps myself and i am stumped about his problem. So i've turned to you guys now

Mods arent that big just about every basic bolt on you could get...

He has a ACT Xtreme PP with a 6 puck sprung disc

it has about 3 thousand miles and the clutch / or tranny has given him nothing but problems ...
Anywho, well when ever he launches it, something always messes up...
His clutch pedal with start shaking really bad after. It locks him out of every gear!
I know it maybe his retaining clip, but afterwards we were stranded. I put his car in gear and tried to start it. Clutch is engaging. Afterwards we started the car up again in nuetral... and voila! car can go into gears now with no issues.

Every time , like i said, he launches the car... the car will F**K up...
and well just the other day he launched it and well what do you know...?
Heavy clutch pedal vibrations, and would engage very very low... if not wouldnt be able to put it into gear...
We came to a stop, put it in first gear and tried to take off... clutch started engaging but starting making a horrible noise... we drove it easy around the block of his house... came to park it and VIOLA!!! car seems to have "fixed it self"... no problems now... clutch was put in by a shop that no longer exists..

so we are both stumped as to why this would be happening... for the time being he's just going to drive it easy but HONESTLY... WTF is the point of that really?

any advise...?!?! and btw ive had my issues with ACT myself...
im rocking a EXEDY now FTW!
Old Sep 15, 2008, 12:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it may sound stupid, but has he tryed pulling up on the clutch pedal when he gets locked out. I've had that happen to me when auto crossing. I pulled up on the pedal (which was stuck about half way down) and the problem was fixed. Since i've replaced my clutch that's never happened to me. ...maybe worth a try, who knows?
Old Sep 15, 2008, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
havent had problems with ACT but it sounds like maybe the transmission input shaft could be bad.. maybe even the bearing for the input shaft. It could be misaligning the clutch after a harsh engagement like a launch. Either that or the clutch wasnt properly broken in.. or wasnt properly installed.. i would start with the simple stuff first and for the hell of it i would just flush and bleed the slave cylinder... and go from there
Old Sep 15, 2008, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Check for leaking fluid around the slave cylinder and the master cylinder. If both looks fine bleed the system and make sure the pedal is adjusted properly and then see if you still have a problem.
Dan
Old Sep 25, 2008, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Massimo Power
havent had problems with ACT but it sounds like maybe the transmission input shaft could be bad.. maybe even the bearing for the input shaft. It could be misaligning the clutch after a harsh engagement like a launch. Either that or the clutch wasnt properly broken in.. or wasnt properly installed.. i would start with the simple stuff first and for the hell of it i would just flush and bleed the slave cylinder... and go from there

could possibly be the input shaft then..

jus gonna chill on the clutch and wait till hes got enough money to send tranny out to shep