Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

AMS GT35R Kit. Is there ANYWAY to get a .82 Housing???

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2008, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports
From Garrett to PTE etc. the .82 made almost the EXACT same power as the PTE .63 but the PTE housing spooled a great deal quicker. When looking at the very marginal difference in HP compared to spool it was no brainer to go with the PTE 5 bolt housing.
Eric
How much boost was used?
Old Sep 16, 2008, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Johnboy1065
I guess we'll just have to see

I'm pretty much just trying to max this sucker out
Seems like you are on the right track. I'll try to see if I can source another turbine for you around town. I'll be more than happy to help you achieve your goal. Keep in mind that, as per the pic I posted, I reccomend the V-band t-housing (3" discharge). The gains are there for you to have with the t-housing/dp combo. What you choose to do with your manifold/wastegate option is your choice. Hell if I find one cheap enough, I'll send it to you for FREE. I would just love to prove a point in this matter.

I have provided pics, dynosheets, facts, and opinions. I haven't seen the same from those who disagree. Infact, I never said anything about a '5-bolt' .82 a/r.

I posted 2 dynosheets to compare, and those who disagree chose to ignore it. So let's just make another example with your car. I can't wait hear your comments when it's all back together and running stronger than ever.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 10:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4kinboost
Seems like you are on the right track. I'll try to see if I can source another turbine for you around town. I'll be more than happy to help you achieve your goal. Keep in mind that, as per the pic I posted, I reccomend the V-band t-housing (3" discharge). The gains are there for you to have with the t-housing/dp combo. What you choose to do with your manifold/wastegate option is your choice. Hell if I find one cheap enough, I'll send it to you for FREE. I would just love to prove a point in this matter.

I have provided pics, dynosheets, facts, and opinions. I haven't seen the same from those who disagree. Infact, I never said anything about a '5-bolt' .82 a/r.

I posted 2 dynosheets to compare, and those who disagree chose to ignore it. So let's just make another example with your car. I can't wait hear your comments when it's all back together and running stronger than ever.
I would like to find a manifold that has the wastegate coming directly off of it instead of modifying my AMS one. I'm calling Shearer tomorrow and see what it'll cost to get a manifold (prolly a crap load) but oh well...I'm really trying to get the perfect combination of parts. because thats what it's all about, Combination

I'm very willing to do a before and after comparison with dynosheets. I have dynosheets from my last visit to buschur

I'm also very willing to try the v-band t-housing with 3 inch discharge that your talking about. just not sure about where to get one from. but yeah if you know where to find one or can help me out ( price wise) I'd really appreciate it! lol

also where is this Top Level Performance place??? Might be a good place to visit...do ya'll do tuning?

I'm going to try and do all of this soon. as soon as my wallet lets me lol.

Last edited by Johnboy1065; Sep 16, 2008 at 11:07 PM.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 05:23 AM
Evolved Member

I would like to find a manifold that has the wastegate coming directly off of it instead of modifying my AMS one. I'm calling Shearer tomorrow and see what it'll cost to get a manifold (prolly a crap load) but oh well...I'm really trying to get the perfect combination of parts. because thats what it's all about, Combination

I'm very willing to do a before and after comparison with dynosheets. I have dynosheets from my last visit to buschur

I'm also very willing to try the v-band t-housing with 3 inch discharge that your talking about. just not sure about where to get one from. but yeah if you know where to find one or can help me out ( price wise) I'd really appreciate it! lol

also where is this Top Level Performance place??? Might be a good place to visit...do ya'll do tuning?

I'm going to try and do all of this soon. as soon as my wallet lets me lol.
Top Level is located in Farmingdale,NY. I see in your sig that you have Buschur tuning your car, stick with him. He is the KING of the hill right now.

ps.
Ask him about a final drive mod. That 2.3 will LOVE it!!
Old Sep 17, 2008, 05:52 AM
Evolved Member

Top Level is here in New York. No offense to my friend that works there, but they are shady as hell!!! If you just missed the thread they closed about Top Level, Manny sold him a TTR manifold that doesnt even fit, but backed up that it will fit without an issue with power steering or anything like that.

Ive heard ALOT of horror storries come out of that place. I wont get into those, but if you would like to know, you can always PM me.

Like I said, I have NOTHING against Ricky or the shop, I just would never bring my car there. I mean, they do have some of the fastest Evo's in NY.

Old Sep 17, 2008, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

who makes the .82 v-band t-housing with 3 inch discharge that ya'll were talking about? I'm looking into where to get one, pricing, etc...
Old Sep 17, 2008, 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

wow, its one off topic drama after the next... Why don't 4kinboost and whoever else that wants to argue with him...start their own thread or thru PM and leave the OP alone so he can get some answer?

OP- I'm pretty sure any big shops like FP or AMS can get that housing for since its a housing that seems to be readily available. You're probably looking to anywhere from $250-$400 for the housing I would think.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

^^ I agree.

Have you tried FP yet? Or anyone like Mike @ AWDMotorsports to contact someone like garret or PTE directly?

Im almost positive AMS can do it for you also!

Good luck with your endevors!

Dan
Old Sep 17, 2008, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
such misinformation in here!

I have not yet seen anyone top the AMS built 35r car that was hitting 35psi at 4100rpm on a 2.0. Video proven. The kit they sells rocks in design and performance. My advice is look else where for gains.
I did not read beyond this post, but there is absolutely no way in hell a 35R will make 35 psi at 4100 rpm on a 2 litre. That is basically Green spool there. If this was possible or repeatable AMS would be minting money.

Talk about mis-information.

My AMS HTA 35R with a PT .63 A/R does 30 psi around 4500 rpm in 4th gear and that is on fully build 2.4 litre! Buschur .82 housings 35R's on 2 litre do 30 psi in 4th around 5200 rpm.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Freddy302
Then I decdied to try and tap the HTA35r to see how much power I could make I bolted on the Best Intake available on the Market, Driven Innovative w/75 mm TB, Turbo Trix Head with 1mm over size valves, and AEM EMS. The car picked up basically no power so there was some kind of restriction with the new set up.
I run a 2.4 litre, Autronic, Piper cams, APS intercooler, AMS HTA 35R, etc... recently I switched from the Magnus Race intake manifold and stock TB to HKS intake manifold and q45 TB. The car immediately had some light det and went over a half point lean. I had to add a good amount of fuel to get things back in check. Needless to say, the .63 A/R housing was not a limitation.

The fact you bolted on a DI intake, ported head, etc and gained no power tells me something is wrong.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

who makes the .82 v-band t-housing with 3 inch discharge that ya'll were talking about? I'm looking into where to get one, pricing, etc...

Here's a link to fp's pricing...

http://store.forcedperformance.net/m...de=Turbo-Parts

There are pics of both the 4-bolt and V-band.

I think i have a buddy selling one for $150 used. Trying to get him on the phone-- I sent him a pm already so hang in there!!

I guess I do owe you an apology for all of the fluff. I promise to behave now.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Johnboy--You have pm!!!
Old Sep 17, 2008, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4kinboost
Here's a link to fp's pricing...

http://store.forcedperformance.net/m...de=Turbo-Parts

There are pics of both the 4-bolt and V-band.

I think i have a buddy selling one for $150 used. Trying to get him on the phone-- I sent him a pm already so hang in there!!

I guess I do owe you an apology for all of the fluff. I promise to behave now.
thanks for talking to your friend for me, that sounds like a good price,

no apology needed
Old Sep 17, 2008, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by crcain
I did not read beyond this post, but there is absolutely no way in hell a 35R will make 35 psi at 4100 rpm on a 2 litre. That is basically Green spool there. If this was possible or repeatable AMS would be minting money.

Talk about mis-information.

My AMS HTA 35R with a PT .63 A/R does 30 psi around 4500 rpm in 4th gear and that is on fully build 2.4 litre! Buschur .82 housings 35R's on 2 litre do 30 psi in 4th around 5200 rpm.
He hits full boost at 4100rpm on regular 35r on a 2.0, which was 33-34psi (max boost). Here is the video. My car is hitting 34psi (max boost) at 4400 in third, but I do have 2.3.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/S...odyno_3791.htm

AMS has been minting money

Oh and by the way, this was a dynojet. Street spool would come on even harder.

Last edited by 94AWDcoupe; Sep 17, 2008 at 01:53 PM.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

I was going to say, that it seems to be VERY exaggerated to say that a HTA35r hitting 30psi @ 5100rpms in 4th.... I guess it could, if you go WOT at 4800rpms....

Dan

Last edited by 90GSXDan; Sep 17, 2008 at 01:13 PM.

Quick Reply: AMS GT35R Kit. Is there ANYWAY to get a .82 Housing???