Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Machine Shop messed up BIG TIME!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2008, 06:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
Guessing you were the guy I talked to earlier. Sorry to hear about the bad luck!

As I said... do NOT take a sleeved block or one at .40 over. Make them cough up that .20 over Evo block or a new one.
yup thats me thanks alote...

he was talking about the sleeved block like it was the best route to go and the weird thing is ive never heard of a sleeved block ever in a 4g just hondas and such thats why i needed some Experties but thanks again
Old Sep 15, 2008, 06:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by boostGotMeLaid
yup thats me thanks alote...

he was talking about the sleeved block like it was the best route to go and the weird thing is ive never heard of a sleeved block ever in a 4g just hondas and such thats why i needed some Experties but thanks again
No problem man! Sorry if I seemed a bit distracted on the phone as I was trying to edit some pictures of David's RS I was hosting. lol

Yeah dont settle for anything less than what YOU are happy with.

Let me know if you need anything.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 06:04 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow man, it seems you have had the worst luck with your car from your past posts and threads. Will it ever end?
Old Sep 15, 2008, 06:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Wow man, it seems you have had the worst luck with your car from your past posts and threads. Will it ever end?
i know man everyone is giving me crap here in Jax lol i think my new nick name will be bad luck quote from Dave(All4bespinnin) himself already
Old Sep 15, 2008, 06:14 PM
Evolving Member

No problem man! Sorry if I seemed a bit distracted on the phone as I was trying to edit some pictures of David's RS I was hosting. lol

Yeah dont settle for anything less than what YOU are happy with.

Let me know if you need anything.
Thanks man i might be just throwing a new buschur block on the good old creditcard and selling my brand new pistons and rods cause i know its going to take for ever and a day to get this one settled
Old Sep 15, 2008, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

I do not recommend going .40 over as I do not think its "cool". I dont recommend my customers doin it either. Its personal preference though and you can do what you want.

The cylinder walls become thin at that point. If you ever have any problem its going to be hard to clean up the cylinder wall without issue. Then you would be back to paying $1800 for a empty block from Mitsu or who knows how much for a used one.
It is a matter of personal preference, and thats what makes racing what it is.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boostGotMeLaid
Thanks man i might be just throwing a new buschur block on the good old creditcard and selling my brand new pistons and rods cause i know its going to take for ever and a day to get this one settled

def i agree with u when u said u might just get the buschur block and sue him in the mean time i just sent my block to buschur and i know its in good hands and will have no probs, i would def sue him though!!! seriously tell him u want a new block or the money for one or else u are sueing him!!!!
Old Sep 15, 2008, 10:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sleeving or .40 over are poor choices and would only be in your now-proven-to-be-incompetant shop's favor. They owe you a good clean stock block that you can take to someone who knows WTF they are doing. Go with someone who has a proven track record with the Evo 4G.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 11:13 PM
Evolved Member

Ummmm I say new...there is no telling what any used block has been through. The guy at the shop shouldn't make you have to compromise on your build just because he is a disorganized idiot. Has the guy ever heard of labeling stuff???
Old Sep 16, 2008, 12:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JDMevoBOOST
Ummmm I say new...there is no telling what any used block has been through. The guy at the shop shouldn't make you have to compromise on your build just because he is a disorganized idiot. Has the guy ever heard of labeling stuff???
i know right thats the first thing i said dont u label the block?? he said he writes a number on it but funny thing is the block i got didnt have a single #r just the vin

i called him today about the matter and how its going to get resolved he asked me if i talk to the guy that had my block and i said no why should i be doing the foot work for u, u messed up not me i guess the guy that has my block can get ahold of a used one i told him if he were to get a used one i want a complete short block so i know its the right cradle and never been frigged up for one i dont even know if the crank i have is right ethier #rs are 05y2109

Last edited by boostGotMeLaid; Sep 16, 2008 at 12:30 PM.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

He honestly doesn't seem that sorry about it....I'd pull my lawyer card....but maybe that's just me. Good luck
Old Sep 16, 2008, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

ya dude id be effin pissed!

new block or lawsuit.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 06:50 PM
Evolving Member

now he just informed me he gave me the wrong info and the block got done in 30 over not 40

but still i didnt even wanna do 20 in the first place anyone ever run a 30 over before he told me he would pay for the pistons but god man this is such a headache

i didnt tell him i would do it im still sticking to used block or a new one by monday i just wanna get out of this asap i need my car running but i dont want that to run in my head how ever long it takes i want it to be right and follow threw
Old Sep 16, 2008, 06:52 PM
Evolving Member

I dont understand people saying 'get a new block or lawsuit'. I mean, yes a mistake was made. Mistakes happen in this industry, people arent perfect. Its life, getting all out of shape is not going to get your block fixed any faster and I can guarantee you court and the legal process will only make things take 10x longer.

You took in a used block, I dont see what is wrong at all with another used block. If properly machined a used block is going to be completely gone through and in the end start fresh at 0 miles. It doesnt matter if it had 500 miles on it or 50k miles prior to the overhaul.

Then again I dont see what is wrong with going .040 over on your current block. Ive been doing 6 bolt blocks and 3SGTEs for years at .040 over making a boat load of power and they are fine. My personal Evo8 is at 756whp on .040 and its running fine.

Lastly I disagree with anyone that says .020 over is fine but .040 is not bc its 'too thin'. We are talking about another .020 of an inch, that is a half of a millimeter.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

SLEEVE ITTTT lol...

Quick Reply: Machine Shop messed up BIG TIME!!!!!