Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

AFI Twin Scroll 3076 Dyno part 1

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2008, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Once everything is running perfecting on the .78 you should switch over to the 1.06 and post back-to-back results. Will you be still sticking to meth or will you be using 93 oct? I have read up on red's beating the 3076 in numerous ways and others bashing on the 3076 and how it will never be capable of surpassing the red. Well in power it might not but in spool is sure seems like it. Great work and I am very interested in this set-up. Keep us posted!
Old Sep 30, 2008, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'll be sticking with meth on the next go round. we don't have much e85 around here, so meth is a pretty good solution.

I'm also curious as to how the 1.06 works, but i haven't seen too many examples of it out there. Where do people usually find a 1.06 divided hotside anyways? I checked the Full Race website and only see .78 listed, and I spoke with FP and they said they never heard of it either. But i do know it's out there - anyone know where?

Also, I've got a synapse bov on the way, and a truboost coming sooner than later, so making progress on the fixes!
Old Sep 30, 2008, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was hoping that they had become more available, but although the 1.06 TS T3 exists, it is still pretty much made of unobtanium AFAIK.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mark S
I recomend you get ride of the .78 housing a 1.06 is a min,
Small tweaks will see that set up working very well,
Any pictures of the kit.

Mark
Mark, yes here are a couple pictures. First comparing the ATP kit that came off it to the AFI kit that went on. Also the y-pipe EWG collector I had to make to route the dump back into the DP for MA state emissions(booo ) and modified DP to clear the damn ACD t-case(was jigged/fabbed on a non ACD car originally)

Second of the kit on the car itself pretty much buttoned up. Tight squeeze.

Nice kit overall, it now comes with Tial gates and not the Synapse ones shown on Joe's car.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by hokiruu
I was hoping that they had become more available, but although the 1.06 TS T3 exists, it is still pretty much made of unobtanium AFAIK.

Same here, because I have a project of my own that's going to require something of the sort in the future.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 06:16 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for posting those pics up Adam, and again, awesome work on getting the recirc pipes setup for stupid MA! Everything still looks great, with no problems at all from the manifold from myself or the previous owner.

And it looks like there's a decent amount of demand out there for hotside options, i'll keep digging and see what I can uncover.

Also, as Adam said, there were some changes made since this "prototype" kit was made. I'm not sure of the full extent - maybe Jesse @ AFI will chime in - but he did change to the more traditional Tial WG's. I'm happy that the initial customer spec'd the synapse gates though as I was wanting to give these a shot, and being differeng is nice!
Old Oct 3, 2008, 06:10 AM
Evolving Member

small update - got the synapse BOV in. I gotta say, the piece looks pretty cool, hopefully it'll solve the biggest issue that we're having. I'll be getting some time to have it and a few other bits installed and tuned in the next few weeks...
Old Oct 3, 2008, 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn low numbers even if it's MD dyno. Even more pathetic you're meth.
Old Oct 3, 2008, 11:40 AM
Evolving Member

It's a good thing you can drive better than you can read...
Old Oct 3, 2008, 01:31 PM
Former Sponsor

that kit looks great!
Old Oct 3, 2008, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Originally Posted by vboy425
damn low numbers even if it's MD dyno. Even more pathetic you're meth.
You should really try reading the thread before you post. It will keep you from looking like an idiot.
Old Oct 3, 2008, 07:27 PM

Unreal.

For those who are being level headed in this thread and have more than a second grade reading level, the car will be back at my shop around the 24th of this month for a few changes and mild upgrades to the system for reliability, different EBC, and few unrelated chassis upgrades. At that point we'll go about tuning it on the MD and see what we can make of it.

To the majority public in this thread, thanks for tuning in and keeping it cool in this thread and posting legit comments
Old Oct 4, 2008, 05:47 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Trojan man
Also, as Adam said, there were some changes made since this "prototype" kit was made. I'm not sure of the full extent - maybe Jesse @ AFI will chime in - but he did change to the more traditional Tial WG's. I'm happy that the initial customer spec'd the synapse gates though as I was wanting to give these a shot, and being differeng is nice!
All our stuff has always used Tial gates, In this instance the original customer wanted to use the Synapse gates so the Dumptubes/o2/Downpipe were all built as "One Offs" for his specific setup

Get the leaks fixed and get some clean dyno runs in, spool looks good...Most don't realize the dyno can't show all the advantages twin scroll offers. Its a different beast on the street. We run the same turbo on our S2000 with 2.2L and midrange is insane on the track...full boost @ 3400ish
Old Oct 26, 2008, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by jesse@afiturbo.com
All our stuff has always used Tial gates, In this instance the original customer wanted to use the Synapse gates so the Dumptubes/o2/Downpipe were all built as "One Offs" for his specific setup

Get the leaks fixed and get some clean dyno runs in, spool looks good...Most don't realize the dyno can't show all the advantages twin scroll offers. Its a different beast on the street. We run the same turbo on our S2000 with 2.2L and midrange is insane on the track...full boost @ 3400ish

Hey Jesse good to see you in here The car is now back at my shop for some minor additions and some better tuning. I've got the car for the next 3 weeks or so, plenty of time for me to work out some bugs here and there and get a few things straightened out on it. I want to really see what we can do with this kit within the limits of the stock-internal motor(ARP headstuds and ARP rod bolts though).

BTW, saw the shots of the new wheels on the Evo over on Shift. Looks good.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 08:36 AM
Evolving Member

Bump for updates, never saw a Part II. As the tuner of this car I can tell you the tune is rock solid and setup for a whole lot of daily driving fun. I was the original owner and miss this thing like crazy. I owned 2 Evo's and now have an STI...god I'm dumb. LOL! How's everything Joe?

Quick Reply: AFI Twin Scroll 3076 Dyno part 1