Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Ecu

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2002, 09:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hey guys, so how much money is the M800?
Old May 5, 2002, 10:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MichaelK...I'm not having a go at your opinion here. Just saying that ECUs like PFC or FconVs are very good, and I for one have never heard any bad press or experiences regarding them. Obvioulsy if everybody had the money they would buy the best possible stuff, but IMO what the M800 offers is totally usless for people that don't intend to use their car as a dedicated track machine.

My 2 yens worth
Old May 5, 2002, 10:48 PM
Evolved Member

That's true Dino. Claude, now that you have realised that you are buying a cheapo ECU, do you want a Motec?? All the contributions on this thread by me have been completely rational, Motec is better than any japanese ECU, do you want to argue with that? Read about the M800 and you might understand...
Old May 5, 2002, 10:53 PM
Evolving Member

"s" in place of "z" ?

sorry this is off topic again

Michaelk-
Just curious...why do you use "S" instead of "Z" in words such as realized?? Do "Zs" exist in Euro vocabulary???

Old May 5, 2002, 11:00 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Could someone give a spec for spec comparison of the Motec unit vs. other setups?

Thanks,

Mark
Old May 5, 2002, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

Don't have the specs here but you can get them from Motec at least, the Power FC site will be in Japanese. I use an "S" instead of a "Z" because that's how you spell it in English, hehehehe....
Old May 5, 2002, 11:36 PM
Evolving Member

Seems pretty clear that the Motec ECU is superior(from what I have been able to ascertain). However, for street driving and an occasional track event perhaps the Power FC and AVC-R combo is the way to go. I could then hold 1.5-1.6 bar reliably, and not have any fuel cut issues..at a reasonable cost.

I use the USA - Apexi site to get info on the Power FC. It is pretty detailed there, and all in English.

Now I need to track down some programmers/mappers!

Mordeth
Old May 5, 2002, 11:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Claudius
There is more to the Power FC than on the A'PEXi USA site I believe.

What do you mean the Power FC "could" hold 1.6 bars? It can. It can hold up to 1.8 bars with the AVC-R.

And there is no tricking or fooling there: the fuel cut is not programmed into the FC.
Claudius,

I am not sure what could be missing from the USA site, and for that matter how you would know anyhow unless you speak English AND Japanese...but it does seem pretty detailed(on the USA site). There is a complete description at http://www.apexi-usa.com/electronics_fc.asp and the entire manual at http://www.apexi-usa.com/productdocu...on/powerFC.pdf. What more do we need?

Also, this statement: "I could then hold 1.5-1.6 bar reliably." is a statement of fact. I am not questioning the ability of the devices to perform to this specification, as I know they can. I am stating that with these devices I COULD hold 1.5 - 1.6 bars of boost. You can subsitute the word "can" for "could", and the sentence is equivalant(in fact, the word "could" is simply the past tense of the word "can"). Had I put the word "possibly" after the word "could" then perhaps I would be questioning the performance of the device. No big deal, but since you thought to make a point of it I figured I would clarify the semantics .

And the whole tricking/fooling issue is the reason why I want to use the Power FC and not the S-AFC(among other reasons).

Thanks.

Mordeth

Last edited by Mordeth; May 6, 2002 at 12:12 AM.
Old May 6, 2002, 12:14 AM
Evolving Member

Wow, that was so clear I need my sunglasses!

I wasnt sure which of the two you meant, so I stated clearly what it is. Dont want to mislead anybody here... But then again, it could be just me since (as you may or may not know) I'm blond!
Haha. I understand. And I apologize if the first comment was confusing. You guys have been very helpful so far and I greatly appreciate it.

Mordeth
Old May 6, 2002, 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

Mordeth....the APEXi US site is nice, but it has less products listed than the japanese one. They are currently building a new J site, the one you can access through the US one (http://www.apexi.com/), but it's not yet complete. The current J one is like their hardback catalogue, but no pictures (http://www.apexi.co.jp/indexa0/index2.html)
Old May 6, 2002, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

So how rational / reasonable / intelligent is it to make statements about products you dont know the specs of because you cant read kanjis?

In English English, yes. This is a USA based site.
Of course I have read the specs of the Power FC before but I don't have them, that's what I said. Also you don't really need Kanji to read the specs of it, it is either in Katakana, or you can figure out what it means, given a reasonable amount of intelligence and knowledge about the subject.
Or were you referring to yourself with the statement you wrote there? In that case I fully agree with you, cause I don't think you really understand the difference between the M800 and the Power FC, otherwise you wouldn't be arguing.

Also you should know better than arguing with me about these things, cause you KNOW that I know it better than you

Quick Reply: Ecu