Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

just got my car tune but the everytime boost 26 my service light starts blinking??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2008, 04:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where he did the tuning, was it close to where you live, elevation wise? When I got my car tuned at 26 psi i had NO knock, buuuuuuuut i am using meth, so im kinda cheating, lol. My injectors were running at like 85% duty cycle before the tune, meth can help a ton with knock. If you have higher octane fuel near by that will prolly stock the knock too. I just put 100oct in the other day!
Old Oct 1, 2008, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jpetro10
where he did the tuning, was it close to where you live, elevation wise? When I got my car tuned at 26 psi i had NO knock, buuuuuuuut i am using meth, so im kinda cheating, lol. My injectors were running at like 85% duty cycle before the tune, meth can help a ton with knock. If you have higher octane fuel near by that will prolly stock the knock too. I just put 100oct in the other day!
coral spring florida, i use 93 shell v power i guess thats better i can get on pump gas.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 05:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dahuii77
coral spring florida, i use 93 shell v power i guess thats better i can get on pump gas.
dont worry i was tuned after u left and this is my sec time tuned by jestr and trust him. u can always raise the knock count higher so if it flashes then u kno it is bad cuz 2 to 3 is nothing. When it gets cold at night u can always turbo the boost down 2 percent if u had the greddy profec and it shouldnt flash. But jestr is the man when it comes to stock ecu!
Old Oct 1, 2008, 09:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TurboRSX04
dont worry i was tuned after u left and this is my sec time tuned by jestr and trust him. u can always raise the knock count higher so if it flashes then u kno it is bad cuz 2 to 3 is nothing. When it gets cold at night u can always turbo the boost down 2 percent if u had the greddy profec and it shouldnt flash. But jestr is the man when it comes to stock ecu!
thanks brp
Old Oct 1, 2008, 11:05 PM
Evolving Member

It sounds like a failsafe alarm...knocking
I'd talk to John asap...he is an outstanding tuner.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 03:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by projectevo9
It sounds like a failsafe alarm...knocking
I'd talk to John asap...he is an outstanding tuner.
Read the above posts before you post please
Old Oct 2, 2008, 03:42 AM
Account Disabled

What type of fuel for 26lbs? pump??
Old Oct 2, 2008, 04:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 1NastyMR
What type of fuel for 26lbs? pump??
He said shell 93 vpower in one of his posts
Old Oct 2, 2008, 04:58 AM
Evolving Member

that cel comes on if you run more boost than mitsubishi likes basically...youre knocking and you just had it tuned lol. i guess i wont be having jestr tune mine
Old Oct 2, 2008, 05:20 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by speedypollard
that cel comes on if you run more boost than mitsubishi likes basically...youre knocking and you just had it tuned lol. i guess i wont be having jestr tune mine
You are pretty ignorant to what is actually happening. Jestr is actually a very decent tuner.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 05:47 AM
Evolved Member

That was pretty stupid of you to say. And hell you didnt even make no sense. No Mitsu doesnt have anything that will cause the CEL to flash due to know, The Patch for a ECU flash can be set to cause that to flash. Like John said, he usually sets it around 3-4 counts, which isnt nothing to worry about, and he even offered to change the tune if hes uncomfortable. John tuned my car to 500+whp on stock block and stock head, daily drove it and raced it for 40k miles, no problems at all.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 07:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ev0cRaZy
That was pretty stupid of you to say. And hell you didnt even make no sense. No Mitsu doesnt have anything that will cause the CEL to flash due to know, The Patch for a ECU flash can be set to cause that to flash. Like John said, he usually sets it around 3-4 counts, which isnt nothing to worry about, and he even offered to change the tune if hes uncomfortable. John tuned my car to 500+whp on stock block and stock head, daily drove it and raced it for 40k miles, no problems at all.
any knock on your tune??...............wow 40k miles on stock block and 500whp and car runs good..................... as i said any knock on??
thanks.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 08:21 AM
Former Sponsor

mitsubishi doesnt make the cel flash if the car knocks. its a mod put into the ecu to help you keep a closer eye on the car. i can guarantee you that your car knocks, you just dont know it. Find your best tuner, have him tune and make good power, 100% guaranteed it will knock occasionally, or your not making any power. not letting jestr tune your car is a big mistake.

Dahuiii if you are still worried about it and you want me to change the knock threshhold for jestr send me a pm.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

Wow....Jestr knows his stuff for sure. I've seen his tunes, been tuned by him and tune myself. There are things that can make your boost fluctuate like weather etc. which will make you knock a little. Also, if you have been daily driving around and decide to punch it, there may be a little knock on that first run. The second time there won't be. That seems to be characteristic of the car. 2-4 counts really doesn't harm the car. The ecu pulls timing accordingly. I personally tune until I don't see any counts. This guy could also be picking up phantom knock from another source. Downpipe rubbing or something like that. I said all of that to say this, nobody knows for sure what is causing this so lets not assume.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 11:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by diiirk
mitsubishi doesnt make the cel flash if the car knocks. its a mod put into the ecu to help you keep a closer eye on the car. i can guarantee you that your car knocks, you just dont know it. Find your best tuner, have him tune and make good power, 100% guaranteed it will knock occasionally, or your not making any power. not letting jestr tune your car is a big mistake.

Dahuiii if you are still worried about it and you want me to change the knock threshhold for jestr send me a pm.
thanks a lot bro............................i guess i just keep my tune how is it right now.