Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

K&N Intake Evo8

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2003, 11:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
K&N Intake Evo8

**** this intake for the evo8 looks promising. Talked to the the guy @ K&N HOT IMPORT NIGHTS he said 15 horses at the wheels. Said it's going to be about 350.00. The heat shield is all carbon fiber and the filter is really small compared to the AEM one. Heres some pics enjoy.
Old Aug 31, 2003, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

wheres the pics??
Old Aug 31, 2003, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah....where are the pics?
Old Aug 31, 2003, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Use your imagination I bet....lol
Old Aug 31, 2003, 12:04 PM
Evolving Member

sorry here goes
Attached Thumbnails K&N Intake Evo8-evo0-090.jpg  
Old Aug 31, 2003, 12:06 PM
Evolving Member

sorry guys ill have to settle for the hks intake.
Old Aug 31, 2003, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

$350 for that?! Does it even include the tube between the turbo and maf? The AEM looks to be the better buy. I was hoping it was designed similar to the Monster Sport, especially for $350.
Old Aug 31, 2003, 01:08 PM
Evolving Member

Hey it does have the tube to the turbo and mas. It's complete just like the Aem. I should be able to get u a better price once the price is final.
Old Aug 31, 2003, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Hey it does have the tube to the turbo and mas. It's complete just like the Aem. I should be able to get u a better price once the price is final.
Ok. That sounds better. I would think it should have a similar price to the AEM. What advantage do you see in this system over the AEM? I don't beleive the 15whp though...I'd expect hp to be VERY similar to the AEM also. Afterall, they are pretty similar setup...
Old Aug 31, 2003, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

how much is the AEM...?
Old Aug 31, 2003, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

how much is the AEM...?
$200 shipped
Old Aug 31, 2003, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

links to it anywhere...?
Old Aug 31, 2003, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

This intake is worth the . If all goes as well as K&N has planned. This will be the only intake making true power. Currently the intakes on the market are not making much power if any, so looking good is important. Without good looks, its money down the drain. Better yet, all intakes on any EVO right now are "Rice". No performance, all sound. Oh well, enough rambling on. Ayone remember this quote from April? I have been waiting for this since I read about it.

Excerpt taken from Overboost.com
Mitsubishi has made several of their Lancer Evolutions available to the aftermarket, with this particular sample being granted to K&N. K&N has completed development on a high-performance intake for their EVO, and we were told that the vehicle was a bit of a challenge when compared to some others. We spoke to K&N's program manager Richard Blum, "When we put a simple piece of pipe with an air filter, the car actually lost about 15 horsepower on the dyno. Our engineers actually had to devise a system of internal buffers in the pipe in order for this system to make more power over stock. Now, we're getting 15 horse to the wheels over stock, and I've seen them go as high as 20
Old Aug 31, 2003, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

so, when is the K&N supposed to be available...?
Old Aug 31, 2003, 09:46 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by mrdecibel
This intake is worth the . If all goes as well as K&N has planned. This will be the only intake making true power. Currently the intakes on the market are not making much power if any, so looking good is important. Without good looks, its money down the drain. Better yet, all intakes on any EVO right now are "Rice". No performance, all sound. Oh well, enough rambling on. Ayone remember this quote from April? I have been waiting for this since I read about it.

Excerpt taken from Overboost.com
Mitsubishi has made several of their Lancer Evolutions available to the aftermarket, with this particular sample being granted to K&N. K&N has completed development on a high-performance intake for their EVO, and we were told that the vehicle was a bit of a challenge when compared to some others. We spoke to K&N's program manager Richard Blum, "When we put a simple piece of pipe with an air filter, the car actually lost about 15 horsepower on the dyno. Our engineers actually had to devise a system of internal buffers in the pipe in order for this system to make more power over stock. Now, we're getting 15 horse to the wheels over stock, and I've seen them go as high as 20
This is the first one yet to spark my interest...