Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

In-tank fuel pump options for evo's?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2008, 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so are you guys saying that you can not run 2 walbro's to the same power source. or can we do something like run 2 intank 255's and run one to

main power and jump the other off that with a hobb switch that is based on psi to turn on the other pump on when in a set boost so you are still

able to have the proper fuel pressure when at idle and driving around. i am willing to try this i have altered a fuel canister before on my spec v when i

turboed it and bypassed the stock lines runnign out the canister and made a return i am wondering it the stock fuel pressure reg will still work with

this setup does anyone know if the stock harness provides enough power to run both in unison.
Old Oct 8, 2008, 06:48 PM
fid
Evolving Member

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by MRfabolous
so are you guys saying that you can not run 2 walbro's to the same power source. or can we do something like run 2 intank 255's and run one to

main power and jump the other off that with a hobb switch that is based on psi to turn on the other pump on when in a set boost so you are still.
You can but you are missing a couple things to make it happen like relays. One pump you could run your normal pump trigger wire off a relay to run like normal and the second pump the hobbs switch would trigger a relay to turn it on. I would also suggest running seperate power sources and grounds to make sure you are getting everything you can out of your pumps .
Old Oct 8, 2008, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

where should i get the power sources at
Old Oct 8, 2008, 07:05 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
do yourself a favor and buy the buschur twin fuel pump kit and adjust the tune for the rich condition at part throttle where the engine doesn't need as much fuel or add an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and the tune shouldn't get overly rich at part throttle.
Old Oct 8, 2008, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

i am really willing to atually try to make it work i need the following for this kit 2 fuel pumps, a relay, hobb switch, and fittings for the fuel pump, fuel line, clamps, and a one way check valve so the fuel pumps dont low into eachother.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 11:30 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
This may sound dumb, but humor me....

Would reducing your static fuel pressure have a positive effect on the tunability of idle? I realize this lowers the ability to spray fuel over the rest of the range... but what about, for instance, 35 psi base fuel pressure? I'm thinking 8.5 psi less force behind the fuel "forcing it out" of the injectors, less another 15-17psi of vacuum could make that very tunable. How much would this negate the effect of the added fuel pumps ability to supply fuel?
Old Oct 25, 2008, 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

Mellon, are both your pumps working at the same time or do you use a hobbs switch?

Im looking at getting a 6262 and using meth with AEM and 1200cc injectors with a single walbro, but I dont know how much power can be supported by this fuel setup...

Dan
Old Oct 25, 2008, 06:37 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 90GSXDan
Mellon, are both your pumps working at the same time or do you use a hobbs switch?

Im looking at getting a 6262 and using meth with AEM and 1200cc injectors with a single walbro, but I dont know how much power can be supported by this fuel setup...

Dan
Dan I'm using the hobbs switch to kick on the second pump ~ 3psi or so.

The single walbro and my car at 500awhp (DLL) was at 107% IDC so the 1200's would bring that down some but if you're tuned rich or making more power it'll go right back up. The twin brought it down to 85%. Now I'm showing 600awhp in DLL and the IDC is 91%