Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

FP Evo Red 1st. Dyno Testing Done, numbers and pictures.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2008, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RyuEvoIX
Unfortunately those comparisons your giving can not be completely 100% accurate or taken as such. To go to two or three different dyno's in the same day could be concieved as pretty accurate but weeks apart throw the data nearly out the window. The difference in temperature and humidity can adversly affect dyno results. Your comparisons are definitely better then nothing but without the full information as I have stated it leaves as much as a 15-20whp room for error.
You are in Florida.

How about we meet up some where and do a real comparison with your stock 120 plus mph Turbo -vs- my low traping 500 plus hp Red, .

That is the only thing I can think off.

You take care, and get your FP Red on order. You will like it.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 04AWDTURBOEVO
You are in Florida.

How about we meet up some where and do a real comparison with your stock 120 plus mph Turbo -vs- my low traping 500 plus hp Red, .

That is the only thing I can think off.

You take care, and get your FP Red on order. You will like it.
I should be trapping much closer to if not 124mph now that I have cams, lightweight flywheel, lightweight driveshaft, slightly higher peak boost, and evo VIII 3rd and 4th gearing. I wouldn't be apposed to a race on a "closed course track" Provided your driving your own car that is, none of this substitute professional driver nonsense.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

Unfortunately those comparisons your giving can not be completely 100% accurate or taken as such. To go to two or three different dyno's in the same day could be concieved as pretty accurate but weeks apart throw the data nearly out the window. The difference in temperature and humidity can adversly affect dyno results. Your comparisons are definitely better then nothing but without the full information as I have stated it leaves as much as a 15-20whp room for error.

I am going to give you one nice performance tip on another thing I learned lately.

You are using the Megan/Ebay 02 Housing.

I was using the same.

Take a look at the difference in those, and the larger Invidia.

May be you want to change to one of this too, . It will improve your set-up.

Old Oct 9, 2008, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

I actually have an Evopowermods o2 dump on order. I'm expecting to receive it next week.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

I should be trapping much closer to if not 124mph now that I have cams, lightweight flywheel, lightweight driveshaft, slightly higher peak boost, and evo VIII 3rd and 4th gearing. I wouldn't be apposed to a race on a "closed course track" Provided your driving your own car that is, none of this substitute professional driver nonsense.
So are AMS, Procco, Buschur, 9sec9, Anibal, Norman, Big valley, and the countless others that have drivers pilot their cars, are their records times non-sense too since their owners don't drive their cars .
Old Oct 9, 2008, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

So are AMS, Procco, Buschur, 9sec9, Anibal, Norman, Big valley, and the countless others that have drivers pilot their cars, are their records times non-sense too since their owners don't drive their cars .
I wasn't referring to track racing with actual racing teams in sanctioned competitions. I was referring to "closed course racing" if you get my drift. Two totally different levels.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn Mannie 525WHP on a Mustang and only 124MPH Trap? I think it should be traapping 135-140MPH. Somethings up!!!

Lol Now you know how it feels to not get credit.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Leave the Old Goat alone. He is working on his driving skills.

Its only when Mannie dynos his personal car or a car with personal affiliation with a company he supports are the dynos PERFECT. When someone else uses the dynos the same dynos in question read high for that occasion

It is also a known fact that whenever his car releases A/C condensation, the water that touches the ground instantly makes the land more fertile. They are thinking to have his car drive over to Africa soon.

Last edited by Ph3n1x; Oct 9, 2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

I actually have an Evopowermods o2 dump on order. I'm expecting to receive it next week.
You mean this one?

I passed on it.

Good luck with it.

Don't forget, I have taken the trip there and back, while you are just now planning it .
Old Oct 9, 2008, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Phenixfyah
Damn Mannie 525WHP on a Mustang and only 124MPH Trap? I think it should be traapping 135-140MPH. Somethings up!!!

Lol Now you know how it feels to not get credit.
I only had 1 try at it. You guys had 40 more whp than me and only trapped 126. And you had 4 runs.

I drive my own car. Everyone knows it. I pitty the fool who thinks he can outdrive me on the road.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 11:17 AM
Account Disabled

I am going to give you one nice performance tip on another thing I learned lately.

You are using the Megan/Ebay 02 Housing.

I was using the same.

Take a look at the difference in those, and the larger Invidia.

May be you want to change to one of this too, . It will improve your set-up.

Mannie, and take a look at how the megan collects the gases from the hotside and the wastegate, i looked at the invidia and the megan and ebay the invidia collects the gases alot smoother, however we all know that buschur tested them and ebay made more power that any of them except he did not test works becasuse they wouldnt give him one.

there is always going to be controversy
Old Oct 9, 2008, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

Leave the Old Goat alone. He is working on his driving skills.

Its only when Mannie dynos his personal car or a car with personal affiliation with a company he supports are the dynos PERFECT. When someone else uses the dynos the same dynos in question read high for that occasion

Dave@TTP

You should not even be talking. 502WHP/433WTQ ETS T3 61MM at 34 psi on the same Dyno I did the 525 on the Red.

And you have not ever even taking it to the track to see what it does.

All bark and no bite Dave, .

May be you are worry it will only trap 120 .

Take the Bull by the Horns, Man. That is what I do.

FP Red FTW!
Old Oct 9, 2008, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

Lol silly old fool, Those numbers are from Speed Clinic.

And for the record I am waiting on a Shep Tranny to replace my 3rd gear Synchro.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Lol silly old fool, Those numbers are from Speed Clinic.

And for the record I am waiting on a Shep Tranny to replace my 3rd gear Synchro.
I am going to give you a tip as well then.

May be the reason I shift a little more slow than the rest, is becasue my priority is to have a great running car, and not a broken one.

Take care of your new tranny, and learn how to drive the car well, so it does not break again after you get the new nice one.

Now you know why the Old Goat tranny holds up. And I am still faster than most, .
Old Oct 9, 2008, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by apagan01
Mannie, and take a look at how the megan collects the gases from the hotside and the wastegate, i looked at the invidia and the megan and ebay the invidia collects the gases alot smoother, however we all know that buschur tested them and ebay made more power that any of them except he did not test works becasuse they wouldnt give him one.

there is always going to be controversy
Andy, you are right.

Take a look at this 2 pictures and you can see how the Invidia collects at the bottom of both runners, while the Ebay/Megan one collects only on one chamber.

Quick Reply: FP Evo Red 1st. Dyno Testing Done, numbers and pictures.