Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Out with the Green in w/the Red, Kelfords & porting! NEW VIDEO ADDED!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2008, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DBallz
Did you have the turbo ported?

Old Oct 8, 2008, 09:05 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by PPI
'piq' is short for picture.
....LOL I KNOW! I'm giving you **** because it makes no sense! how about 'pic' or 'pics' as in a PICture not a PIQture

Originally Posted by PPI
Thanks for the compliments. I designed the spark plug cover on CAD and then had a local CNC shop develop cutterpath and make me a bunch of them. Here is my CAD file for example.
I'm trying to have a similar one cut but not pay through the **** for it. Any chance they'd do one like that but blank on top for a reasonable price?
Old Oct 8, 2008, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

Nice work, dont see the intercooler anywhere on your site, what is the price and pics of the internal please!!! lol thx
Old Oct 9, 2008, 03:45 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
I remember when my manifold was snow white like that. Matched my white car really well. Unfortunately, it didn't hold up cosmetically once I started tracking the car. A lot of the rough surface flaked off and it turned gray. Same thing with my turbine and O2 housings. The coating lasted great for over two years when I just drove the car on the street though.

Not sure what coating to try next. My downpipe was coated 5 years ago in Jet Hot's 2000 black. It still looks like the day I got it back. Of course, that coating isn't supposed to be as functional as Swain, but it does last well.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 11:08 AM
PPI
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by scheides
....LOL I KNOW! I'm giving you **** because it makes no sense! how about 'pic' or 'pics' as in a PICture not a PIQture

AHAA! LOL, but it made perfect sense when I typed it heh.

I'm trying to have a similar one cut but not pay through the **** for it. Any chance they'd do one like that but blank on top for a reasonable price?
I am sure they could, I am down to 1 more coil cover. On my next order I can ask them what they would want for one with the PPI logo removed...I mean REALLY large just for you

mchuang - Nope the I/C is no on the website yet...but its working very nicely on my car I have 2 cores sitting here and I will be building up the production units next week and will do a official anouncemnet then. She is a big girl but with some creative endtanks that are a work of art (I must say) it all fits nice and tight.

EVO8LTW - The Swain can degrade over the years as you have seen. It is possible to have it stripped, as it is only a external coating, and reapplied. We also offer a silver coating that holds up very well for those wanting to go a different route. But as you mentioned, its not as good at keeping heat inside like the Swain.

RPHAW1527 - I had my coater ( that does the silver coatings) powder coat my valve cover. It came out real close to my wheels, which is what I was after. Something a little different ya'know.

Thanks again everyone! I am really trying to bring some high quality products and services to the Evo world. Many of the products have been seen before but just trying to take things to another level. Our battery tray is a good example...many people make them...but dare I say not quite like ours IMHO.

Old Oct 9, 2008, 11:16 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sounds good, PM me a price, and can they do a mirror finish on it?
Old Oct 9, 2008, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks good!
Old Oct 10, 2008, 06:08 AM
PPI
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by red03evo
Looks good!
Thanks, I really strive to come up with new ways to improve on what can be done for the evo....new things to come from PPI in the future!
Old Oct 10, 2008, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Very nice work i like it
Old Oct 10, 2008, 07:16 AM

great looking setup.how does the fp red compare to say a gt35r . i am looking at upgrading in the future and dont mind doing aftermarket header etc. just wondered what the benefits of the fp green and red are over the gt35r,37r,or 40r i have run a 40r on my sti and while it did ok on the 2.5 it seems like it would have too much lag on the 2.0 evo motor. thanks for your response
Old Oct 10, 2008, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

Dyno numbers or BAN!!! lol. Your work looks sooooo good. Congrats on a great parts combo. EnjoY!!
Old Oct 10, 2008, 08:32 AM

Looks really good man, let us know what numbers you get!
Old Oct 10, 2008, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

how much for the green
Old Oct 10, 2008, 08:51 AM

Just put up the extra dough and get the red man.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 06:38 AM
PPI
Former Sponsor

To answer some ?'s I think the Red is a better choice for many that hav a 35r. My opinion is most people never tap the power potential of a 35r. Many will never run mor than 28psi. For those why not use a Red or Green. Great turbos that really shine in that range.

My Green is sold sorry guys.

The good news is I am strapping her down tonight....the car on the dyno I mean

I am not expecting great numbers as this mustang reads much lower than others for some reason. My last tune gave me 361 & 370tq for the green on E85 at 26psi. This sounds low, but the car ran 11.10 @ 124.8...not too shabby.

Quick Reply: Out with the Green in w/the Red, Kelfords & porting! NEW VIDEO ADDED!!