Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

9sec9/OKIX, BUSCHUR RACING, ROUND 3..

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2008, 10:31 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 9sec9
Depends on the head. If I can, I will. Until we look at the head, I won't know how long to get it fixed. Like you said though, very promising.
well good luck, hopefully it'll work out to where you can.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 12:03 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update?
Old Oct 13, 2008, 03:39 PM
Evolving Member

The car is buck wild. That's all I can type while driving home.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 03:56 PM
Former Sponsor

^ on your motorcycle . Great job today.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 03:59 PM
Former Sponsor

INDY... Time to update you sig
Old Oct 13, 2008, 04:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Indy Evo
^ on your motorcycle . Great job today.

Thanks Indy! Car rolls out for sure, Just need a couple more passes to get 2-step worked out, then its on like DONKEY KONG Ya it got a little sideways, but my Father always told me "NEVER LIFT SON" "YOU LIFT YOU LOSE"

Oh yea, you got another Parachute laying around, I think Tony is going to need it
Old Oct 13, 2008, 04:11 PM
Evolving Member

Kevin did one hell of a job today driving, as always! We where hoping to get some sub 9 sec passes side by side or hell even a couple 8's. Daves car moves out. Tom, again thank you for letting me drive!
Old Oct 13, 2008, 04:14 PM
Evolving Member

wow some crazy times! good luck with the 8's looks like two will be there soon!-JOEYD
Old Oct 13, 2008, 04:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Sorry Epic I'm old and forgot.

Trent, It's handled, he has the bag and pilot we are just waiting on the canopy, harness and window net.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

Trent, it's all my pleasure to have you drive the car. I know you're having as much fun driving as I am just watching. One full pass and you click off a 9.20@157.63mph, that's pretty good in anyones book. Heres the video of your pass. You can see it spinning down low. I spoke with Robert this evening and he's going to be making some updates for us, so we'll see how quickly we can get it back out. Here's the video:
Old Oct 13, 2008, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Celica2EVO
This sucks! Im stuck at the shop, my cars F'd up and I cant get to the track unless someone comes and gets me!
Were you able to get things sorted out?

Anyway here's to you guys again at Buschur Racing

Really didn't mind reading all 10 pages

Thanks Indy for the updates here and on our local forum
Old Oct 13, 2008, 04:49 PM
Evolving Member

Wow, It is hard to believe that when I first met you guys you were wringing out the FPGreen and now you are basically making the power to run 8's on a still streetable car.

I will definitely make the trip to Tulsa when you guys get back. I am sure Tony can't wait to get his hands on the car.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
A great time today at the track, I should say ANOTHER great time today at the track.

Tom/Tony's car is amazing. Looking at the time slip from the 9.36 pass when the i/c pipe came off I truly believe the car would have run an 8.9x that run. The next run wasn't as quick through the 1/8th mile and ran a 9.20 at 157.6 mph. The boost was only at 40 psi peak right on the 4th gear shift. We were working on dialing in the 2 step to find out what the car wanted on the starting line too. This car, I guarantee everyone, has an 8 second pass in it, no problem.

Unfortunately we have tried quite a few new things on the car and have run into problems that we haven't had to deal with in the past. I BELIEVE that this 9.2 run at 157 makes Tom's car the quickest and fastest EVO9 that is actually still running the MIVEC in it.

If all goes well and I expect it to, the car will be looked at and we'll fix it tomorrow. It is going to be another "weird" problem, we've had a few of those this trip.

As for my car, there will be a new video, new picture, new product release, new times etc. all posted............hopefully tomorrow. We made another 11 passes on it today and left the track with the car completely intact and running strong. New multiple best ET's for the car and multiple best MPH passes for the car.

I'll keep this thread free of that information.

Great job today Tom, Trent, Kevin, Jarrod etc. You have a great attitude Tom, it's a pleasure dealing with you.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 05:09 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
A great time today at the track, I should say ANOTHER great time today at the track.

Tom/Tony's car is amazing. Looking at the time slip from the 9.36 pass when the i/c pipe came off I truly believe the car would have run an 8.9x that run. The next run wasn't as quick through the 1/8th mile and ran a 9.20 at 157.6 mph. The boost was only at 40 psi peak right on the 4th gear shift. We were working on dialing in the 2 step to find out what the car wanted on the starting line too. This car, I guarantee everyone, has an 8 second pass in it, no problem.

Unfortunately we have tried quite a few new things on the car and have run into problems that we haven't had to deal with in the past. I BELIEVE that this 9.2 run at 157 makes Tom's car the quickest and fastest EVO9 that is actually still running the MIVEC in it.

If all goes well and I expect it to, the car will be looked at and we'll fix it tomorrow. It is going to be another "weird" problem, we've had a few of those this trip.

As for my car, there will be a new video, new picture, new product release, new times etc. all posted............hopefully tomorrow. We made another 11 passes on it today and left the track with the car completely intact and running strong. New multiple best ET's for the car and multiple best MPH passes for the car.

I'll keep this thread free of that information.

Great job today Tom, Trent, Kevin, Jarrod etc. You have a great attitude Tom, it's a pleasure dealing with you.

The Bad Bish continues to be BAD ***

Amazing that it can continue to make these kind of runs over and over again and still drive home - very impressive
Old Oct 13, 2008, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats to all! I can imagine Jarrod working like a mad scientist on that video package for you Dave Awesome stuff Tom and Dave

Quick Reply: 9sec9/OKIX, BUSCHUR RACING, ROUND 3..