Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

9sec9/OKIX, BUSCHUR RACING, ROUND 3..

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2008, 07:20 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
You would be surprised.. My car at 3085lbs going 153mph stopped in Atco at the 1st turn turn off no problem.. I had a car crash in front of me and I got on the brakes and made the 1st turn off.. They work very well for what they are.. dont worry!!
I have found the wilwods are amazing at stopping.

I have never had to pull my chute ever for need of stopping.

One time I got so excited after my pass that I forgot to start stopping and those wilwoods came through big time.

My car is 3200 with me in it and I have no problem with stopping.

Al
Old Oct 13, 2008, 07:22 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
The turbo is staying nameless.

OKIX, Trent said the car actually stopped good on the Wilwoods, I had asked him about it at the track.
I think that is a great name for the turbo "nameless 700"
Old Oct 13, 2008, 07:24 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by PureDsm
wow guys keep it coming this part 3 is kick a$$ gotta love you guys at buschur..
always rasin the bar
I am hoping there will be a part 4 before the snow flies in Ohio. Turbo weather is just starting and serious turbo junkies like myself and others are starting to perk up around this time of year. This is when records fall or parts break.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 07:51 PM

Man, I had a great time at the track today!

Trent and I actually lined up together on the first pass of the day and hoped to blow off some side by side 8 second passes. Unfortunately the track was not going to allow it in the early morning. We both had are hands full, but I would have to say Trent's ride was quite a bit more wild than mine Nice job keeping it off the guard rail Trent

Davids car is just plain SICK! This car will definitely go 8's. When we went 9.04, The car bogged just a little bit which was just enough to keep us out of the 8's. Hopefully we'll get another shot at it this year

Tom and Trent, Nice job guys! This car will definitely go 8's as well. The car is making crazy power and Trent is doing a hell of a job driving it! If everything goes well, I will be surprised if this car doesn't blow off an 8 the next time out.

David, Thanks for letting me drive the "Bad Bish"! As always, I had a great time driving and hanging out!

J Rod, Thanks for doing all the video taping today buddy! I still think you should of let me take you for a ride today...

It was also nice seeing Jeff, Ron and Tim. Always a pleasure hanging out with you guys

Take care,
Kevin
Old Oct 13, 2008, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

Patrick B- we know what is wrong with my car and it is being left at Buschurs. I dont want to comment on the problems as of now because I only think its fair to give the one company a chance to make it right before I throw names and problems out there. I believe that if things are fixed and taken care of properly, I will thank them afterwards but there is no reason to drag a good name through the mud when they dont have a chance to make it right first. I will start a new thread about my car once its fixed! This thread is for Toms car, not mine!

Dave, your car is a beast and great job driving it today Kevin! It was nice to finally meet you!

Tom, we know you will bounce back from this minor upset as always! You are a true trooper and nothing puts you too mad it seems! Trent, good job not wrecking it! lol

Jeff, sorry your day sucked almost as bad as mine! Fun hangin out though buddy!

Nick, thanks for letting me borrow your truck to go to the track!

(Dave, the comments about not involving the companies involved, NONE of them have to do with you guys! I know you will take care of your end as always! If not I wouldnt have taken it there! So dont take offense to the comments)

Brian
Old Oct 13, 2008, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Celica2EVO
Patrick B- we know what is wrong with my car and it is being left at Buschurs. I dont want to comment on the problems as of now because I only think its fair to give the one company a chance to make it right before I throw names and problems out there. I believe that if things are fixed and taken care of properly, I will thank them afterwards but there is no reason to drag a good name through the mud when they dont have a chance to make it right first. I will start a new thread about my car once its fixed! This thread is for Toms car, not mine!

(Dave, the comments about not involving the companies involved, NONE of them have to do with you guys! I know you will take care of your end as always! If not I wouldnt have taken it there! So dont take offense to the comments)

Brian
No doubt do not want to take the spot-light off Tom and the rest of the gang for their accomplishments

No need to point fingers i was just wonderin what happened........
Old Oct 13, 2008, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

PM me and Ill let you know what happened, I just dont want to drag names through mud when Im fairly certain they will be taken car of.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great job to everyone today! I had fun even with a busted rear end

Tom when you and I where standing in the grand stand and Trent went buy us in 3rd with the rear wheels packed so tight I thought the car only front wheels ... All I could think was . If that damn LICP wouldnt have blown off I am thinking the car would have went 8.8x... 127 in the 1/8th that is just stupid and then doing a what 9.3 or 9.2 at 127 costing... I think Jesus cried on that 1 like we did Trent that car looks scary to drive, you are right, do exactly what your father told you

Kevin and David my hat is off to 2 aswell... 9.0 at 159 was it Give me a break here guys its a street car. Kev the Bad Bish looks scary as h*ll man in second, I know you are tired of me telling you this but DAMN SON!

JaRRod and Brian it was great to see you guys

Mr Dean Lawson... pleasure sir. Kev your dad is a cool azz **** mang

Ron Shearer... I dunno man J/K I love hangin you you man class act is what you are! OH and BTW the manifolds never made it to Buschurs... they are on ebay right now thaxs

I wanna give a special thanks to Tom (aka 9sec9) for lending me his rear diff to get me home... Pops I cant say thank you enough buddy. I hope to someday help you out like you did for me... it means to much to me to even put into words.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

Small quote for the day that made the day even better, a few people will know already. The rest will have to wait for the video!

Shearer: "Trent this is Dale, Dale this is Trent"
Trent: "Fvk Dale"
Dale: "Fvk Trent"

Lol then the classic staredown! haha

Last edited by Celica2EVO; Oct 13, 2008 at 09:11 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

Lovin the block off plates on the front bumper. Those custom by BR or yourself?
Old Oct 13, 2008, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

Buschur sells them, they are made by Indy. Give Buschur a call and they will get you a set.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 09:29 PM
Account Disabled

what about the headlight blockers is buschur carrying them to
Old Oct 13, 2008, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

that I dont know about. today was the first time i had seen those! They are extremely clean though!
Old Oct 13, 2008, 11:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Yes, we carry the head light block offs and the front fog light block offs.

It was good seeing all your guys again today too. The track has just been a blast this year.

celica2evo, don't get your hopes up on anything getting taken care of other than maybe the one single part..............no worries, I know you weren't talking about us!

evoshoe, you and I have been friends a long time buddy, you don't need to thank me for driving my car. Pleasure is all mine just like it's been on every other car of mine you've driven! Your driving talent is unbelievable and so is your friendship. I have to do some thinking about my car and what's next, we may have to squeeze in one more trip to the track this year!
Old Oct 13, 2008, 11:36 PM
Evolved Member

When does the track close for you guys?

-E

Quick Reply: 9sec9/OKIX, BUSCHUR RACING, ROUND 3..