Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

9sec9/OKIX, BUSCHUR RACING, ROUND 3..

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2008, 11:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Around the end of October, only a few weeks left.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 05:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
The turbo is staying nameless.

OKIX, Trent said the car actually stopped good on the Wilwoods, I had asked him about it at the track.
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
You would be surprised.. My car at 3085lbs going 153mph stopped in Atco at the 1st turn turn off no problem.. I had a car crash in front of me and I got on the brakes and made the 1st turn off.. They work very well for what they are.. dont worry!!
Thats very good to hear. I have to say I was ver curious about whether or not they could withstand that quick of a shut down with those speeds involved.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 06:47 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It was great seeing all of you guys at the track. It was a good time just being able to hangout and BS for the day. Very relaxing just taking pics & vid. GOOD TIMES!

Originally Posted by Evo Shoe
J Rod, Thanks for doing all the video taping today buddy! I still think you should of let me take you for a ride today...
That would be a good time! Maybe when I have a helmet we can do that.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

That was not me, and I have no clue how that comment ended up under my name. That sounded like a comment by 9sec9 about yesterday.

Last edited by Celica2EVO; Oct 14, 2008 at 07:26 AM.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

This was 9sec9, not celica. Brian, you must have saved your login on the visitors computer. I own you now.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

Now, it's me.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

I love reading these threads but I would find it a hell of a lot more interesting hearing about why you've had the engine out of the car 3, 4 or however many times. I'm not suggesting pulling the engine or head that many times is a bad thing. Just that it's the failures you learn the most of and can be the most interesting.

What I guess is some of these failures you are having recently are not your run of the mill type of issues, and therefore you are reluctant to give out the intellectual property.

Ahhh well, I guess I am just a sucker for carnage pics
Old Oct 14, 2008, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

lol, I forgot to log off when I was on it before I went to the track yesterday haha. I got on and it said I had commented a minute before that and I was like wtf!
Old Oct 14, 2008, 07:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Wow, I am almost at a loss for words, and that is not an everyday occurence by any means.

Tom, it sure seems like the best is yet to come as far as records and your EVO9 are concerned! Lots of good stuff yet to come for sure. You'll have another test turbo in your hands on thursday, maybe you'll get the other engine mods together by then and give it another try before heading back to OK? I know there are thousands of EVO junkies with crossed fingers right now!
Old Oct 14, 2008, 07:41 AM
Account Disabled

sounds like you guys had a great day out there...I think many of us wish we lived close enough to be a part of it.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 07:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 9sec9
No Decals for that Shearer Exhaust Manifold? What kind of sponsor are you? Give away your stuff and then don't advertise.
Yesterday gave me all the advertising I need Tom! I've never relied on hype, marketing, or advertising schemes to sell my product like so many other companies have. I try to let the product and customers speak for me and you spoke volumes yesterday. I should have some vinyl for you next week though. Besides running a 9.20 on the first full pass, the way you carry yourself, represent yourself, and deal with my ball busting is enough justification for the sponsorship.

Congratulations sir! All in all I think yesterday was a fun day for all involved. I know I had a blast.

Originally Posted by vwjeff
Ron Shearer... I dunno man
I love you too man. Sorry abut your rear end, it's seen some serious abuse though and it lasted a long long time.

Originally Posted by Celica2EVO
Small quote for the day that made the day even better, a few people will know already. The rest will have to wait for the video!

Shearer: "Trent this is Dale, Dale this is Trent"
Trent: "Fvk Dale"
Dale: "Fvk Trent"

Lol then the classic staredown! haha
Yea Brian, that was a somewhat uncomfortable few minutes. Two dudes with similar attitudes getting off on the wrong foot. I told Trent if they had gotten off to a better start they'd have a good time shooting the **** together.

Last edited by Shearer; Oct 14, 2008 at 07:49 AM.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 07:55 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Shearer
I love you too man. Sorry abut your rear end, it's seen some serious abuse though and it lasted a long long time.
ROFL, funniest thing I've read all day...out of context quotes FTW
Old Oct 14, 2008, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Someone forgot to say "no homo!"
Old Oct 14, 2008, 08:17 AM
Former Sponsor

the way you carry yourself, represent yourself, and deal with my ball busting is enough justification for the sponsorship.
Ron, I felt this way the first time I met Tom. Right from the get go I knew he was going to do the dew. I wasnt busting his *****, but we hung out and told stories and made plans for hours. Started off as a meeting to "get a cup of coffee" and ended about closing time I haven't looked back yet.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mellon
ROFL, funniest thing I've read all day...out of context quotes FTW
You beat me to this one. Um.. okay.

Quick Reply: 9sec9/OKIX, BUSCHUR RACING, ROUND 3..