Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

AFC from Buchur

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2003, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AFC from Buchur

First I would like to commend Brusher on the additional documentation with the Apexi AFC II. The detail is excellent. The diagrams for the Evo wiring are great along with the tuning info.
Just one question. The settings refer to the full stage one mod with the turbo back, intercooler piping, and boost control. I just have the AFC and the Intake. Will these settings work without the other mods and just the intake filter?
Thanks
Old Sep 1, 2003, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

They'll work and you will be running richer than you would if you had the exhaust and stuff, but much less lean that stock
Old Sep 1, 2003, 08:43 PM
Account Disabled

I asked this exact question, They said to use the settings and not lean it out anymore.

DO You have a MBC set on there? How does yoru car feel? Much faster then stock or just a little?
Old Sep 2, 2003, 07:27 PM
Evolving Member

I have not installed the parts yet. The filter is still on backorder, and the AFC arrived last Weds. When the filter gets here I am going to install the it and the AFC. I am going to see how the car feels. Then, I might intstall the manual boost control and gauge and see how that feels. Actually, I have the BR manual boost control, gauge and column mount. I am just a little nervous about installing the controller.
Old Sep 3, 2003, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

Don't be nervous. Be brave. Be prepared to be thrilled to death though. Just installed mine over the weekend. Power beyond 5k!
Old Sep 4, 2003, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

Power over 5K would be nice. I'll probably install it. I guess I am nervous about the install. This is my first turbo car. The NA cars were easy, even the nitrous install.
Old Sep 4, 2003, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's an easy install, bro. Takes only less than 2 hours. If you used an ECU harness, the installation will be even easier. You will not require to splice the main harness.

Good luck on the installation.
Old Sep 4, 2003, 10:13 PM
Evolving Member

What ECU harness??????? I did not know that they had one for the SAFC. Some people have actually said there is not one around. Please let us know if there is one available!!!
Old Sep 4, 2003, 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

So what are these special settings?
Old Sep 5, 2003, 04:24 AM

Where can you get this harness, it would be nice to be able to disconect the entire setup with no splicing of the factory hasness.Thanks
Old Sep 5, 2003, 05:00 AM
Evolved Member

It will run better than stock.. Like it was said, power over 5k.. I have the intake and AFC, that's it.. Runs really good... I'm sure it'll be even better once I get my exhaust on it..!!
Old Sep 5, 2003, 05:33 AM
Evolving Member

here is the harness thread, definitely a must have.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...5&pagenumber=1
Old Sep 5, 2003, 05:40 AM
Evolved Member

There is a picture posted there too. It's my AFC harness with the Field CN-4 ECU harness.

If you want to avoid the warranty issue on our spanking brand new car, this harness is a must. You splice the connection on the ECU harness instead of your car main harness. You can plug or remove the whole AFC setting is just minutes (I mean less than 5 minutes).
Old Sep 5, 2003, 05:33 PM
Account Disabled

I just got my BR SAFC today. I know you gusy want the settings but there is SPECIFIC AND BOLT PRINT NOT TO post them or tell other people about them. I respect their wishes. believe it or not it is VERY counterintuitive but does lean the system. There are High and low settings, I suggest you get the SAFC unit form them, it is the best you can do.

The tuned the car on the DYNO and with a Wideband, the way to got.

On my car, I will only have a SAFCII and MBC and INTAKE and Grounding kit, so my car will be still rich, very hard to believe from the settings but who cares.
Old Sep 5, 2003, 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

umiami80 I assume that you purchased all of your parts from Buschur, and you have them all installed. How big a difference is it with the mods that you have and the settings that you were given. Please let me know about the new acceleration and power difference, Thanks. I am very excited about ordering my suff next week and want to know what I have to look forward too.

Quick Reply: AFC from Buchur