Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ARP Main Studs? should I install them also. ARP Rod Bolts, ARP Head Studs

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2008, 09:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ARP Main Studs? should I install them also. ARP Rod Bolts, ARP Head Studs

So I just had my head built on my 9 and am right to be putting in a new Head Gasket and ARP head studs, going to do rod bolts also(with the motor still in car), what about the main Studs? Can you install them simple while the motor is still in car or do you have to have any machine work done once they are in? Also seen spacers on some main studs for 4g63 DSM 7 bolt motors, its the same as our well mostly we dont need spacers or anything do we just the studs for isntall. Also I have searched everywhere for the info on what to torque them to and cant find it. Anyone know, Please get me your info so I can decide to install them or not. A little more back ground if you want, Right now on Stock turbo but have a HTA 35R kit here ready for install, Going to rev it high to about 8000 or a little more, I am a six speed so going through the trap in fourth would be nice. Car is mostly a daily driver I said when I first got it I would really enjoy it and drive it allot and so I do. I know its allot of questions and such any more info would be super nice on the maters, Thanks KEVIN, cant wait to be driving my car here in the next day.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you install the main studs you must have this block lined honed for proper clearance you are better off doing a drop in piston and rod combo if you are going to put arp bolts in everything but than again that is just me