Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

BUschur Stage 3 long block Full race 4088r ...Kansai

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2008, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The Tomei 280's are a great cam shaft but certainly not targeted at the RPM range of a stroker with a max RPM of 8500. A set of cam gears on the existing cams would be the best bet for that engine's rpm range, just my 2 cents.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

BTW, since things get blown out of proportion on here, I am not bad mouthing the kit or anything else. Power looks great, the power on the Dynojet is about the same as we hit here on our Mustang Dyno on pump gas, I can't remember the exact numbers but I remember 500 something here on 93 octane too.

I have also found Full Race's headers to produce excellent power. Their stock replacement turbo beat every other header we tested for the stock turbo and the header I ran on my car also made great power.

I do however feel the primary header diameter on the twin scroll stuff is too small, that's my belief and the transition at the head is not ideal in my opinion. I personally feel it helps with the spool up for sure but hurts the top end power. From any testing we have done that is what we've found. That's why I mentioned it.

Just wanted to be clear before I get my throat jump down.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 07:37 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
My suggestion would be to increase the primary diameter on the header and get rid of the poor transition at the cylinder head on the header.
thank you for the input david! we do make and sell an evo manifold with bigger primaries for people who want it. We prefer to use this style manifold for drag race applications, but its always up to the customer. Just like you have specific ways you build motors, we have specific ways we build turbo manifolds. Im pretty sure we have sold/built/shipped more 4cyl tubular turbo manifolds than any other US based turbo shop, and consistently put out the highest quality turbo manifolds in the world... we are very good at building headers

those cams and intake manifold on my RS ran 9.04 at 159.64 mph
most of our evo customers are not drag racers, but im a longtime drag guy.. thats hauling ***!! how much does your car weigh?
Old Nov 20, 2008, 07:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It made around 535hp on Pump and 28-29psi, 694hp on race running out of fuel IDC maxed.

Car runs really well, very trouble free, well put together.

Sean

BTW, since things get blown out of proportion on here, I am not bad mouthing the kit or anything else. Power looks great, the power on the Dynojet is about the same as we hit here on our Mustang Dyno on pump gas, I can't remember the exact numbers but I remember 500 something here on 93 octane too.

I have also found Full Race's headers to produce excellent power. Their stock replacement turbo beat every other header we tested for the stock turbo and the header I ran on my car also made great power.

I do however feel the primary header diameter on the twin scroll stuff is too small, that's my belief and the transition at the head is not ideal in my opinion. I personally feel it helps with the spool up for sure but hurts the top end power. From any testing we have done that is what we've found. That's why I mentioned it.

Just wanted to be clear before I get my throat jump down.

Last edited by Sean@Iveytune; Nov 20, 2008 at 07:51 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 07:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Full-Race Geoff
thank you for the input david! we do make and sell an evo manifold with bigger primaries for people who want it. We prefer to use this style manifold for drag race applications, but its always up to the customer. Just like you have specific ways you build motors, we have specific ways we build turbo manifolds. Im pretty sure we have sold/built/shipped more 4cyl tubular turbo manifolds than any other US based turbo shop, and consistently put out the highest quality turbo manifolds in the world... we are very good at building headers

most of our evo customers are not drag racers, but im a longtime drag guy.. thats hauling ***!! how much does your car weigh?
According to this post it weighs 2950 lbs with driver:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...&postcount=234
Old Nov 21, 2008, 12:28 AM
Evolved Member

well I think both company's are rock solid.

I am over the moon with my Buschur Stage 3 long block and the full race kit.
I am not running super agro cams, S2's on MIvec head.

But it spools quick and make good power.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 07:29 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by Full-Race Geoff
we do make and sell an evo manifold with bigger primaries for people who want it. We prefer to use this style manifold for drag race applications, but its always up to the customer.

Any primary diameter will present some sort of compromise. It's a matter of where the compromise is made.

Does anyone know the primary diameter of DNP's T04 TS exhaust manifold? I'll explain why I'm asking later.

Last edited by Ted B; Nov 21, 2008 at 08:06 AM.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 07:54 AM
Account Disabled

I do however feel the primary header diameter on the twin scroll stuff is too small, that's my belief and the transition at the head is not ideal in my opinion. I personally feel it helps with the spool up for sure but hurts the top end power. From any testing we have done that is what we've found.
what turbo did you test with?

btw we do make twinscroll manifolds with the bigger primary, but like i said it is not recommended for turbochargers under 68mm inducer

Originally Posted by Whoop_ass
well I think both company's are rock solid. I am over the moon with my Buschur Stage 3 long block and the full race kit. I am not running super agro cams, S2's on MIvec head. But it spools quick and make good power.
hey johnny, great to hear you are so happy with the setup. I agree that for the mivec engines, the midsize cams seem to work the best
Old Nov 21, 2008, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks Geoff for the discussion and not taking offense to what I was trying to say. My car weighed in at 2985 with driver the day it ran the 9.04 at 159.6. I had taken the carbon fiber hood off and put the stock one back on, it was 2810 without driver, Kevin is about 175 pounds and we added fuel after it was on the scales, realistically, it was probably at 3,000 pounds with the added fuel. No lightweight cut up POS.

Here's the thread with the video at the bottom of it from our site if you want to see what the car looks like etc., http://buschurforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22007

Same thing, thanks to Sean and thanks for saying the car is well put together. I wish we had been allowed to build the car completely and finish it. You are lucky you have the opportunity to do it right now without the restrictions we had. That car was here longer than any other car in the history of our shop, most of the time we didn't hear a word for months at a time about it and any changes were very hard to get the approval for.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks Geoff for the discussion and not taking offense to what I was trying to say. My car weighed in at 2985 with driver the day it ran the 9.04 at 159.6. I had taken the carbon fiber hood off and put the stock one back on, it was 2810 without driver, Kevin is about 175 pounds and we added fuel after it was on the scales, realistically, it was probably at 3,000 pounds with the added fuel. No lightweight cut up POS.

Here's the thread with the video at the bottom of it from our site if you want to see what the car looks like etc., http://buschurforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22007

Same thing, thanks to Sean and thanks for saying the car is well put together. I wish we had been allowed to build the car completely and finish it. You are lucky you have the opportunity to do it right now without the restrictions we had. That car was here longer than any other car in the history of our shop, most of the time we didn't hear a word for months at a time about it and any changes were very hard to get the approval for.
Still Dave killer setup...
cant go wrong with your Long blocks...
Old Dec 12, 2008, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
updates at high boost?
Old Feb 4, 2009, 10:00 PM
Evolved Member

ye we have some updates.
running out of fuel as i have only the one pump installed and will be installing the dual Buschur soon and crank up the boost some more.
This is 31 PSI with pump and some octane booster.

we are droping in some kelofrd 280 cams and will retune soon and drop in some race gas and hopefully some 40psi Runs.
We might be changing out hotside to bigger one as well but i am sure it will crack 700hp easy...

also bear in mind this is a 5000ft above sea level
453.8 Kw= 620 hp
728.4 Nm= 540 ft/lbs

Will post back when we done with the final tuning when my tuner is back in the country.

Last edited by Whoop_ass; Feb 4, 2009 at 10:02 PM.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 01:10 AM

Nice numbers.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 01:49 AM
Evolving Member

Looking good so far, looking forward to more results!

*buschur's rs IS a VERY amazing street car!, best of the best ! ; )
Old Feb 5, 2009, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

Good looking build!

Quick Reply: BUschur Stage 3 long block Full race 4088r ...Kansai