Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Pics of Buschur double pumper installed please

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2008, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pics of Buschur double pumper installed UPDATED PICS!

Hey all having a little issue with the install.

I have the modified unit bolted in but it seems that the modified alum. fitting w/ the barbed end closest to the driver side is too tall

Itlooks like a really tight fit w/ the hose on and i don't want to pinchthe line up against the floor of the car.

It also does not allow the cover plate to screw back down as it seems to be hitting the barbed fitting as well

Everything else looks like it should with the wiring harness plugged back in as well as the other stock line and it's respective angle and also the return line that runs to the siphon.

When looking at what seems to be pics of older versions the barbed fitting looks different along with the alum adapter fitting that is mounted on top of the sending unit.

Last edited by PATRICK B.; Nov 5, 2008 at 08:30 PM.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The unit fits for sure.........literally hundreds of them out there at this point.

Make sure you have the assembly all the way down in the tank and pointing the correct direction. The fitting you have circled should point towards the drivers side door with the electrical connector pointing towards the front of the car.

The retainer ring on top of the tank will pull the pumps down into the tank once it is lined up correctly.

The hose is close to the floor of the car but you will notice a raised up section of the floor of the car, it will fit under that and will not be a problem.

Last edited by David Buschur; Oct 25, 2008 at 01:51 PM.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 08:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hows that for tech support. The big man himself chimes in to give you a hand. First post too.

Good luck.
Old Oct 25, 2008, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
The unit fits for sure.........literally hundreds of them out there at this point.

Make sure you have the assembly all the way down in the tank and pointing the correct direction. The fitting you have circled should point towards the passenger door with the electrical connector pointing towards the front of the car.

The retainer ring on top of the tank will pull the pumps down into the tank once it is lined up correctly.

The hose is close to the floor of the car but you will notice a raised up section of the floor of the car, it will fit under that and will not be a problem.
Dave

Thanks for the quick reply on a late Fri night

I'll be sure to get a pics of it today when i get to the shop.

I'm 100% sure the unit is in correctly or else the oem clip-on fuel line would not be able to connect in it's proper place.

I may be totally wrong but i believe the only way to have the elec connector facing toward the front of the car would put that fitting facing the driver's side rear door not the passenger side

I know you're a hard working guy so if yo happen to be working on cars today maybe i'll hear back from you again....if not no worries the car can sit until Monday if need be.
Old Oct 25, 2008, 08:26 AM
Evolving Member

what size injectors will you use for that E85 tune?
Old Oct 25, 2008, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

I have both those fittings pointing towards the driver's side door. I did not even see it possible to run the Y hose on the passenger side. I found an opening on the driver's side by standing a flashlight straight up at the tank from underneath, getting into the back seat and looking for where the light shined through.

-E
Old Oct 25, 2008, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Im pretty sure that he means the rear "passenger" door on the drivers side. That is how mine is facing. its a PITA to get the hose on. I took a pair of metal sheers and cut the metal so I could fold it back and get to it easier. After I finished just pushed the metal back down and screwed the plate over it. Cant even tell its been cut. That made it extremely easy!
Old Oct 25, 2008, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Celica2EVO
Im pretty sure that he means the rear "passenger" door on the drivers side. That is how mine is facing. its a PITA to get the hose on. I took a pair of metal sheers and cut the metal so I could fold it back and get to it easier. After I finished just pushed the metal back down and screwed the plate over it. Cant even tell its been cut. That made it extremely easy!
I'm sure that's what he meant.....i'm not trying to question him.

I'm at the shop and will have pics up in a few minutes.
Old Oct 25, 2008, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

I was just clearing it up some for anyone else that finds this thread also.

Its not hard, just time consuming and annoying. Took me a few hours of cussing at those hoses. lol
Old Oct 25, 2008, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

I hate doing f/p's just because of the damn black ring and the space there..... i always joke about trimming it but haven't actually done it yet.

I threw the hose on but didn't feed it down under the car but i think you get the idea.....is that the way yours looks?

Please let me know if the orientation of the assembly is incorrect.

Old Oct 25, 2008, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
rotate it clockwise a little bit more
Old Oct 25, 2008, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Sorry, I edited it. I'm an idiot, I meant the rear passenger door on the drivers side.
Old Oct 25, 2008, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Celica2EVO
I was just clearing it up some for anyone else that finds this thread also.

Its not hard, just time consuming and annoying. Took me a few hours of cussing at those hoses. lol
You're NOT the only one... It took me a glass of Jack Daniel's to figure out what to do with that damn hose...

-E
Old Oct 25, 2008, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

While we're here... What are you guys using for the ground point on that black wire? one of the nuts on the ring?

-E
Old Oct 25, 2008, 02:05 PM

it doesnt look like you have the black retaining ring clocked into the right position....

Quick Reply: Pics of Buschur double pumper installed please