Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

UICP - Help

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2008 | 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by huevosrancheros
I would stay away from the mini batteries. They are good for a while but then start crapping out pretty soon.
I guess I should junk my AMS battery then. Its been through -35F to 105F for the last 3 years and I still dont have a problem with it. Thanks for more useless information.
Old Nov 3, 2008 | 12:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dryad001
I guess I should junk my AMS battery then. Its been through -35F to 105F for the last 3 years and I still dont have a problem with it. Thanks for more useless information.

I have had some of cars sit in the trailer for 3-4 weeks and they start right up as well.. I think certain cars have things drawing off the battery when its off and thats why they have constant issues..
Old Nov 3, 2008 | 01:45 PM
Former Sponsor

We've got the Nisei Engineering UIP kits available in several colors:

IN STOCK!

03'/04' - Nisei Black, Nisei Red, Carbon Gray and Polsihed.
05'/06' - Nisei Black, Matte Black, Nisei Red, and Polished.

• Made from 6061 Aluminum.
• CNC Mandrel Bent, to ensure accurate bends angles, highest quality & best fit.
• Direct routing design - shortest, straightest path to increase throttle response.
• Only pipe kit fully compatible with factory airbox & FMIC!
• BOV - Works with factory BOV or any BOV which retrofits with stock piping.
• Aftermarket BOV flange can be added by request (Tial, HKS, Greddy, etc.).
• Complete kit weighs less than 4 ½ lbs including pipes, hoses, and hardware.
• Powder Coated for flawless & durable finish.
• Kit includes: Pipes: UICP (FMIC-Throttle body), T-bolt Clamps, Nutsert (Airbox), BOV extension, HOSE TECHNIQUES: Multi Ply Silicone Couplers (carry Lifetime Warranty), all hardware for immediate installation!
• Colors available : Matte Black, Nisei Black, Nisei Red, Carbon Gray, and Polished.
• Requirements : Use of a mini battery kit or trunk relocation!

If you need any additional details pm, post, or email.

Jed
Old Nov 3, 2008 | 04:58 PM
Former Sponsor

We offer a full 2.5" mandrel bent UICP w/ 4 ply silicone and T-bolt clamps with a gloss black, gloss silver or polished stainless steel finish.

Short Route

Stock Route
Old Nov 3, 2008 | 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

Michael,

Does the short route make much difference?
Old Nov 3, 2008 | 07:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jedi@MaxumTec
We've got the Nisei Engineering UIP kits available in several colors:

IN STOCK!

03'/04' - Nisei Black, Nisei Red, Carbon Gray and Polsihed.
05'/06' - Nisei Black, Matte Black, Nisei Red, and Polished.

• Made from 6061 Aluminum.
• CNC Mandrel Bent, to ensure accurate bends angles, highest quality & best fit.
• Direct routing design - shortest, straightest path to increase throttle response.
Only pipe kit fully compatible with factory airbox & FMIC!
• BOV - Works with factory BOV or any BOV which retrofits with stock piping.
• Aftermarket BOV flange can be added by request (Tial, HKS, Greddy, etc.).
• Complete kit weighs less than 4 ½ lbs including pipes, hoses, and hardware.
• Powder Coated for flawless & durable finish.
• Kit includes: Pipes: UICP (FMIC-Throttle body), T-bolt Clamps, Nutsert (Airbox), BOV extension, HOSE TECHNIQUES: Multi Ply Silicone Couplers (carry Lifetime Warranty), all hardware for immediate installation!
• Colors available : Matte Black, Nisei Black, Nisei Red, Carbon Gray, and Polished.
• Requirements : Use of a mini battery kit or trunk relocation!

If you need any additional details pm, post, or email.

Jed
Thats not exactly true, the Muse Motorsports intercooler pipes also fit both stock and aftermarket intakes & FMIC's.
Old Nov 3, 2008 | 08:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Tonba
Michael,

Does the short route make much difference?
The short route kits works quite well on vehicles up to 750whp, then you will need to go with 3" piping ( which we offer as well ). We have only run the stock batt kit to the lower 600whp levels, at wich it seems to be identical to the short route.

Above the 600whp level, we would say that the short route does have an advantage, not necisarrily because of the shorter length, but mainly the smaller amount of bends, and most importantly the smaller angle bend at the T/B inlet. We took great care to design our short route piping so that it had the least amount of bend at the throttlebody inlet. Our concern was that by having a sharper or greater angle bend at the manifold inlet would result in an un-even airflow distribution to all cylinders. An un-even distribution would mean that some cylinders would run leaner than others, and this would make tuning much more difficult. As for the shorter length helping in spool-up, it really is not a difference that you can feel, or even see in track times, but you can never argue that in theory, the short route should spool faster. So bottom line is that the power difference in the ETS short route piping comes from a better flowing angle at the throttlebody inlet, the short length is more of a bonus.

Please see the link below, of a full weight customer car running 9.7's with the short route piping, 3yrs ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcVsH3UNeIQ
Old Nov 4, 2008 | 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

From: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
Originally Posted by dryad001
Yeah I'm scared to buy a short route UICP with small battery. Just cause the winters will zap the hell out of a battery in NY. Plus on the weekends the car is sitting in 0 degree weather for 2 days I'm pretty sure the battery would be dead
Old Nov 4, 2008 | 10:09 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by tvieira24
Thats not exactly true, the Muse Motorsports intercooler pipes also fit both stock and aftermarket intakes & FMIC's.
In reference to : https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...2&postcount=21

tvieira,

I don't mind you selling your overseas knock off's of the Nisei Engineering designed piping. Though your Muse line is not an exact copy of the pipe since you don't have any brackets holding your piping on. I'm sure you and your customers will come to learn hard way when their plumbing comes popping off under high boost conditions. If you think it won't happen to you, we'll take AMS for example. Their original LIP had no brackets for years either but, if you take a look at their current LIP you will find that they added a bracket. I'm sure you can also reference the many post about LIP's popping off as well.

If you're going to sell your ebay Muse line on Evo M. I strongly suggest you get yourself a Vendor status before promoting you product line on this site and trying to compare it Nisei Engineering. Please do not try to infer your product is similar to Nisei's to capture sales. Especially, taking my posts and quoting them.

We actually purchased a LIP from you off your ebay ad and delivered it to Nisei for inspection. I have to say the quality of your Muse line is poor. The LIP kit we received was oval around the bend area. If you like maybe I can do a side by side comparison with the Nisei LIP and your Muse to show everyone how different they really are.

I would greatly appreciate it if in the future you do not attempt to use my posts and capture sales for yourself.

Regards,
Old Nov 4, 2008 | 11:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DBallz
Yeah I'm scared to buy a short route UICP with small battery. Just cause the winters will zap the hell out of a battery in NY. Plus on the weekends the car is sitting in 0 degree weather for 2 days I'm pretty sure the battery would be dead
I personally think the mini batteries might have received a bad reputation from all the problems with the Odyssey batteries. We sell both the Odyssey batteries and the super value batteries which are a direct replacement battery that BMW uses in the 3.0L motorcycles. Over the last year we have received over 15 Odyssey batteries back for warranty repair, where the super value battery has not had one problem. We still sell the Odyssey to anyone who wants it, but highly recommend the Super Value Battery over the Odyssey.

Last edited by ETS Michael; Nov 4, 2008 at 11:39 AM.
Old Nov 4, 2008 | 11:32 AM
Former Sponsor

I can vouch for the ETS super value battery being the way to go!
Old Nov 13, 2008 | 12:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by inneedof
Well, I'm not that convinced about that. Nisei Engineering has 2 different Mini Battery kits available. Their kit starts off at $200 for a CNC BILLET MACHINED tie down. Which includes a USA manufactured battery by Enersys/Hawker (manufacture both Genesis and Odyssey series). For the $200 here is what you get.

This is what the tie down looks like (UBC):

I can assure you there is NO Tie down holder on the market that will rival this price & quality!

Here is a peak of their higher end Tie down (Genesis Series):

If anyone has any questions PM me!
              Old Nov 13, 2008 | 12:43 PM
              Former Sponsor

In reference to : https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...2&postcount=21

tvieira,

I don't mind you selling your overseas knock off's of the Nisei Engineering designed piping. Though your Muse line is not an exact copy of the pipe since you don't have any brackets holding your piping on. I'm sure you and your customers will come to learn hard way when their plumbing comes popping off under high boost conditions. If you think it won't happen to you, we'll take AMS for example. Their original LIP had no brackets for years either but, if you take a look at their current LIP you will find that they added a bracket. I'm sure you can also reference the many post about LIP's popping off as well.

If you're going to sell your ebay Muse line on Evo M. I strongly suggest you get yourself a Vendor status before promoting you product line on this site and trying to compare it Nisei Engineering. Please do not try to infer your product is similar to Nisei's to capture sales. Especially, taking my posts and quoting them.

We actually purchased a LIP from you off your ebay ad and delivered it to Nisei for inspection. I have to say the quality of your Muse line is poor. The LIP kit we received was oval around the bend area. If you like maybe I can do a side by side comparison with the Nisei LIP and your Muse to show everyone how different they really are.

I would greatly appreciate it if in the future you do not attempt to use my posts and capture sales for yourself.

Regards,
              First of all it's not my line, it's just a product I sell. I didn't promote it, if I did it'd be a 4 page post with 10 pictures like you've been doing in any thread that includes the word intercooler.

Second it's not a knock off of the Nisei kit. There are quite a few differences between the kits and you can only bend a pipe a certain way. What's next? Are you going to claim it's a knock off because it's short route and has a couple of bends in a similar area? In order to retain the stock and most aftermarket airboxes, thats the route the piping needed to be. If you're going to try to patent a couple of bends I suggest you try harder.

I've sold hundreds of the licp's and I've had literally one complaint due to blowing off at high boost. We've also sold hundreds of FMIC kits for DSM's that don't utilize the bracket and are made of the same material.

Stop putting Nisei on a pedistal. They aren't gods of intercooler plumbing and comparing them to Muse is more than fair considering both UICPs fit the stock intake box. It's a fact not a comparison. If you have any other comments I'd appreciate it if you kept it to PM's for the sake of the thread.

Last edited by VRSF Tiago; Nov 13, 2008 at 12:58 PM.
              Old Nov 13, 2008 | 01:22 PM
              Former Sponsor

Well, I'm not that convinced about that. Nisei Engineering has 2 different Mini Battery kits available. Their kit starts off at $200 for a CNC BILLET MACHINED tie down. Which includes a USA manufactured battery by Enersys/Hawker (manufacture both Genesis and Odyssey series). For the $200 here is what you get.
              If anyone has any questions PM me!
              Hopefully they do not have the same failure rate as the Odyssey batteries.

We still offer the Odyssey batteries if a customer really has to have one, but we recommend going with the Super Value Battery. This battery has had 0 failures! Where the Odyssey brand batteries always have failures.

If anyone has questions please feel free to give me a call or PM. Unlike some online shops you can reach us by phone. 360-263-3748 - We are available for help 5 days a week. 8am to 5pm PST (sometimes later if you can catch us before we leave)

Thanks!

Michael
              Old Nov 13, 2008 | 01:42 PM
              Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by tvieira24
              I've sold hundreds of the licp's and I've had literally one complaint due to blowing off at high boost. We've also sold hundreds of FMIC kits for DSM's that don't utilize the bracket and are made of the same material.

We also have not had a problem with our LICP blowing off. We did have one that was installed wrong. Other then that no complaints.