Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

5th gear grind

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2003, 01:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy 5th gear grind

Last nite as I was driving on the highway, i shifted into 5th and felt it grind. I tested it again at another time and it did the same thing. As i was driving to wrok today...i had to shift into 5th and once again it grinded. So after work i went to the mitsu dealership and the people in the parts dept were very friendly and helpful. I also realized that a corner on my trunk is starting to rust. I brought that up to them and they will see if its a paint defect. So far, my experience with the mitsu service dept has gone OK. Oh yeah..i've had the car for about 11 days, so its not even out of its break in period. But yeah....i am scheduled to bring the evo in next week 9/12 so that they can take a look at it. Hopefully everything goes well. Ill keep everyone updated on that.
Old Sep 5, 2003, 01:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There have been some other folks who have had trouble with 5th gear. Several have been fixed under warranty. In other cases Mitsubishi has fought the repair because the car had be raced.